NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 26 (Fri) 1:57 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
Declined: Ahmet the Shadowpriest 

Class: Priest
Post Declined: Ahmet the Shadowpriest
Name: Ahmet
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Troll Shadow Priest
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... t/advanced

What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Ahmet and I'm from Turkey.
How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
10 11 +
40 19 -
7 3 *
42 2 /
How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?
I have been palying since BC launched. I have a good experience of BC raids but BT which l just killed only a few bosses there. WotLK:In WoTLK, I didn't play much but I experienced ICC-ToTC-OS-VA and a lil' Naxx/Ulduar.Cataclysm: 2/4 Bot 4/6 Bwd and full Tof4W. when we started raiding after cata launched l gave a break and left playing for a while; when l came back, guild was split up then l Couldn't finda chance to complete HC modes and FL.
Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
This is my main, I also have a DK alt which is just farming character. But I'm gearing it up for tanking atm. Here Armory:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Comrade/advanced
Btw, I don't have much experience in tanking, just started to playing as a tank.
What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?
Bloodfang Clan

This was my first guild in very early times of The Burning Crusade expansion. It was comprised of a few good, social members, who are not hardcore players. We were doing some regular, amazing RP meetings via Teamspeak. Our Warcief, Baazunga, was really good in those rp events. He was orginizg everything. I really loved that guild, players and the atmosphere. Those guys made me love this game I think. Once a time, we decided to take place in raids after we got more an' more members. We started progressing well in Karazhan, I had my first raid experiences there. We were so nice that in a short period of time we cleared Karazhan. Still Karazhan is my favourite Raid in this game. however, things didn't go well all the time. After some leaves and because of long term offline members we stopped both RP and PvE, which brought guild to nearly split up. Then, a lot of members and me left guild and switched to other PvE guilds.

Malicious Intent

This guild was really powerful and had a lot of hard-core raiders. I experienced some TBC raids inside this guild. Serpentshrine cavern, The Mount Hyjal and Tempest keep: The Eye were the ones I completed. I also found a chance to experience a bit of BT, killed Highlord Najentus, Supremus and Shade of Akama... While the guild continued to progressing in BT l had to leave game for a monht because of my fail grades in school. After I had returned the game, it was surprising to see some officers left and the guild lost his previous power. At these times, two of my friends was in a guild named Carnifex Domini. After a week or so, because of not doing anything, some of ahrdcore members and I left. Some of them switched to better guilds but I applied to Carnifex Domini to experience the rest of raids with my friends.

Carnifex Domini

I think it was soon after WotLK launched. I accepted to Carnifex Domini. Started experiencing the new content of WotLK. However, we just interested in Arena more than Raiding. I'm sure it was because of the guild's old core raiding team, but time to time I took a place as a Shadowpriest in İcc, ToC. End of the expansion, I moved to another district in the same city and needed to leave game for a while.

Metronomé:
When Cataclysm launched I return to game back.. after a couple days l made an application for Metronomé cuz those guys had a really good atmosphere that I know in some raids which l was a pug. Then I ecided to make an application and accepted. We started progressing well, cleared bwd 4/6 -bot2/4 at early cataclysm, then because of the real issues(final exams at school) l gave a month break to the game but when I returned Metronomé was broken.. Which was my last guild..

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
Dejialu: Tauren Druid: my real friend.
Schrodinger, Defias-Alliance: he was Horde till a year ago I think but he moved to alliance guild: Revelations.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
A dedicated and experienced Shadow Priest. Actually l always keep an eye on all the changes that made to the shadow priest every time and I follow anything about shadowpriets on forums, discussion boards.
Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
There isn't many options for Spriests. %90 of Pve Spriests using same talets. There is just one more point left in Discipline and I put it into Inner Sanctum for %2 less Spell damage taken and Movement speed bonus for inner will.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
Shadowpriest.com & howtopriest.com are amazing web sites which l utilized much since started playing Priest. As a shadow priest, I used them a lot for all my information. Kilee's guide is the best guide for Spriests on there.
Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat.

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.
5 years ago now, started as a Troll in Sen'jin village and not being aware of the danger on both Azeroth and Outland, started her little adventure with the name of Hypermaniac.... While time passing she became more and more concious about what is awaiting her in the future. The deep whispers of the evil was increasing day by day in her subconsciousness and driving her into an unknown malice, which made her choose the way of Shadow... ....today, she is looking for a way to end her sense of revenge...
Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.

2011 Oct 28 (Fri) 4:40 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Post Re: Ahmet the Shadowpriest
Heya Ahmet! The officers have taken note of your application and will throw some questions your way soon enough! In the meantime, good luck!

Sav. 8-)

2011 Oct 28 (Fri) 9:29 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Howdy! Sav here with some RP questions to pass the time until our shadowpriest knowhow members wake up :D

You say your priest is 'driven' mad(?) by the shadows. Any particular reason or cause for this? What kind of revenge is she looking for, what's the story behind that. Any bits of info you can come up with are greatly appreciated 8-)

2011 Oct 29 (Sat) 12:31 am

Savian wrote:
Howdy! Sav here with some RP questions to pass the time until our shadowpriest knowhow members wake up :D

You say your priest is 'driven' mad(?) by the shadows. Any particular reason or cause for this? What kind of revenge is she looking for, what's the story behind that. Any bits of info you can come up with are greatly appreciated 8-)

Actually, l don't have a RP Story and not interested in RP so much.. the RP part is much of an improvisation =)which I just wrote what comes in my mind at that time. =)

2011 Oct 29 (Sat) 12:41 am
Former Member

hey there =)

Just asking about your major glyphs, Mass dispel and Psychic Scream, what is your thought behind your choice here?

2011 Oct 29 (Sat) 2:08 am
Profile WWW
Former Member

pvp glyphs.

2011 Oct 29 (Sat) 9:31 am
Former Member

Class: Death Knight
Couple questions, first could you give us some kind of idea what kind of stats do you look for in items, and which order of priority?

Could you explain the your general spell casting rotation/priority queue?

I noticed that in your UI you don't seem to have hotkeyed any of your abilities yourself, why is that?

2011 Oct 29 (Sat) 10:27 am

Deadla wrote:
Just asking about your major glyphs, Mass dispel and Psychic Scream, what is your thought behind your choice here?

Thanks for question. There aren't many choices for Shadow Priests and none of major glyphs will provide a dps increase.
Glyph of Psychic Scream: Helpful in dungeons mostly and it removes the risk of fearing one enemy into a pack of more enemies.
Glyph of Mass Dispel: Useful in arena or Battlegrounds to cap weekly conquest. It also useful in some fights such as Argaloth where debuffs should be dispelled asap. There is also Shackle Glyph but I found Mass dispel and Psychic Scream more useful.

Jotra wrote:
Couple questions, first could you give us some kind of idea what kind of stats do you look for in items, and which order of priority?

Thanks for question, Jotra. For the first question, here are the latest stat weights for shadow priests:
Int 1.0000 > SP 0.7583 > Haste > 0.5428 > Spi/Hit/Mas > 0.4655 > Crit 0.4566 l always look for haste gear after hit cap(%17- which I already capped) , and reforge crit/mastery into haste. I think this gives enough info but if you want to know more I can give more detailed expalation about stat scaling.

Jotra wrote:
Could you explain the your general spell casting rotation/priority queue?

Main rotation is based on keeping Dots(SW:P, DP, VT) up all-time. Spamming Mind Flay and using Mind Blast when I get at least a shadow Orb to get Empowered shadow as it increases all of our Dots damage plus Mind flay and Mind Sear. So, here how I use the mechanic: Firstly, I use SW:P (Dot) at the very start of fight and Shadow Fiend as they are instant cast so l can move to spot where am I supposed to be while casting it and SW:P can be refreshed using Mind Flayso I don't need to recast if when l get a buff that increases Dot damage like Empowered Shadows or Trinket.In addition, Shadow Fiends CD will be decreased 10 secs for every Mind Flay critical hit so that I can utilize pet's damage as soon as possible. Then, I spam Mind flay to get a Shadow orb at least in order to activate Empowered shadow buff via Mind Blast. When I get an orb I use Mind blast asap and Vampiric Touch+Devouring Plague. I use everytime Dark Archangel to maximize MB and MF damage. Rest is the same for boss fights. At below %25 I add 2xSW:D in my rotation if there is nothing to worry with backlash damage.

Jotra wrote:
I noticed that in your UI you don't seem to have hotkeyed any of your abilities yourself, why is that?
Actually, l have a couple spells hotkeyed, such as Dispersion, Leap of Faith or Shield and Mind Sear. For Darkarchangel I use Shift mod with Mind Blast rather than Mouse clicking. Other than those I find myself comfortable with just clicking numbers as I'm used to it so much.
Thanks for questions.

2011 Oct 29 (Sat) 1:07 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hey there Ahmet,

Thanks for your application and interest, however we've decided not to grant you a trial.
I wish you good luck in the future to find a suitable guild for you.

2011 Oct 31 (Mon) 1:52 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]