NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Mar 28 (Thu) 2:08 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Withdrawn: Aronaz - Restoration Shaman 

Class: Shaman
Post Withdrawn: Aronaz - Restoration Shaman
Name:
Aronaz(will consider a namechange if you don't think it's enough rp).
Race, Class, and Main Spec:
Dreanei(will ofcourse faction change into a horde race if I gets accepted).
Shaman and restoration it's my mainspec.
Armory Link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... naz/simple
What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Aron and I'm from southern Sweden :>
How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
Never heard about "Reverse Polish Notation" so i don't really know how to use it properly. But anyway my age is 17.
How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?
I started in the end of Burning Crusade, so i didn't complete any raid back then(done them afterwards). So i started raiding in Wotlk(Dr. Obvious) and cleared pretty much everything there.
Naxxramas: Full Clear.
OS(1-3 drakes up): Full Clear.
Malygos: Full Clear.
Ulduar: Full Clear Normal and a few hard modes, can't tell you exactly how many.
Totc: Full Clear Normal and Full Clear Heroic.
ICC: Full Clear Normal and 11/12 Heroic.
RS: Acutally never completed that raid, ashame!
Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
This is my main, my first character in wow and I will always play on this character.
I've got a few alts(Alliance), My priest(pvp character) and my paladin.
Priest : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... cho/simple
Paladin :http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Teraza/simple
What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?
This will be a long story...
Runetotem Realm:
It all started back in Wotlk in the naxxramas time. I joined a guild called Children of Valhalla(its dead now) and cleared naxx, os and malygos with them. They unfortunately disbanded when Ulduar came out and I started to search for a new guild. I joined a guild called "Shutdown" and I cleared Ulduar and TotC with them. But a few weeks before ICC should drop, they decided to move to another server(i was mad) but i had all my IRL friends on this realm so i decided to stay. After a few weeks of slacking(waiting) on ICC I joined a guild called From The Ashes and i cleared 12/12 normal and 11/12 heroic with them.
Transfered to Defias Brotherhood(with the guild From The Ashes) :
We we're all waiting for Cataclysm to release, and we had a great raiding plan with the guild. But unfortunately they disbanded as well(REALLY?!). Well then Cata released and i leveled up my character to 85 and began gearing with a few friends i made in the previous guild. Then i took a break from WoW, had a bad time schedule cause i had alot in school etc. After 2 months i began play again. It was when the Zandalari's released and I started gearing in those. After a week or two i joined a guild called Deathsworn Verdict(my guild now). I raided 10 man with them and i enjoyed it very much. Then they started to raid 25 man(I'm no fan of 25, prefer 10) and my spot where taken by another resto shaman. That's why I'm searching for a new guild, there i can raid. :)

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
Well I don't have any friends on the horde side, but on the alliance side i have a few friends. I don't really get the question so am I suppose to write down a few friends names or? I'll do that:
Zexer, Patricc, Lightjustice and Klinda. I think if you contact on of those in-game they can pass a message for me :)
What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
My role in the raid is to keep everyone alive, as I'm the healer ;) Well i don't think it's one single persons fault if the raid wipes(if it isn't a failure by one player). But i can ensure you that i know what I'm doing as my class and on the bosses we're encounter :)
Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
I think I'm going with the No.1 resto spec atm. But sure, I'll describe why i specced as i do.
First off: Why I didn't specced in "Focused Insight": Because i think it's just a talent you would spec if you're having serious mana problems. If you're going to boost your heal you'll use "Unleash Elemental" and I don't have any big mana problems.
Next one: Why I didn't specced in "Cleansing Waters", that small heal you grant when you succesfully removes a harmful effect isn't that much(2-4k). I don't think its necesarry. That's why i skipped it.
Telluric Currents: Why i specced in that is because if i loose to much mana i can regain it by just cast a few lightning bolts. And sometimes when it's going to be a huge damage incoming and I'll lose alot of mana during that phase, I'll just do some lightning bolts to regain some mana quickly.
Spirit Link Totem: For obvious reasons, its a useful raid cooldown. For example at Majordomo when he's in scorpion shape, I'll just drop that and everyone inside it reduces damage taken for 10% and gets healed by it as well.
Ancestral Swiftness: I specced in that because it's useful if you're going to move to another spot quick. Without this talent your Ghost Wolf would be really bad, i prefer it instant!
That's a quick talent view, please ask a few questions if you have :)
Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
I uses Elits Jerks or noxxic.com, both are very useful websites and I've learned alot trick from those websites. I also use mmo-champion.com for keeping me updated what's happening in-game.
Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat.
I'm using ElvUi, i think it looks nice and it's very easy to play with!
Normal : http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/4240/wowscrnshot110711150002.jpg
In Raid : http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6269/wowscrnshot102411001609.jpg
Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.
(It have to be a alliance story, sorry!)
When the spaceship from Dreanor crashed down onto Azeroth, a young shaman named Aronaz stepped out and saw the new world with adventures and oppertunities. He began his journey through the forrests of Ashenvale until he found something interesting. A dessert. A dessert full of Zevras, Giraffes and ... orcs. On his old planet, Dreanor, the orcs where friendly creatures to the Dreanei Race and he had no clue how they came here before them. On Dreanor the orcs had red skin, here they had green. Aronaz thought and thought and decided to go abit closer. Just a few meters away from a small town called Crossroads he heard a guard yelled: Intruders, Attack!. Aronaz, who was abit confused, turned around to see if there were any enemies behind him. All he could see were a horde of kodos. As he turned his head forward again he could see how the orcs were charging against him, all he could do is run. He used his shamanstic spells to protect him and aid him. The orcs on dreanor have tought him well so this could be no match for him. He used shamanstic totems to slow down the orcs and started to run away. After the orcs have left him alone, he could see a small town, with alots of goblings in it. Aronaz, who was new on this planet thought they were "orc-children" but no, they were not orc-childrens. He could see a deck, and a boat laying just outside the town. This could be his chance to discover new places of friendly disctrics or other places. He decided to run to it, and the goblings, who Aronaz thought were unfriendly, leaved him alone. He got onto the boat and it sailed to another land called Stranglethorn Vale. The boat stopped in a small town near the ocean called Booty Bay. The whole town where full off Goblings and once again, they leaved him alone.
Stranglethorn Vale was a jungle and there were all kind of different animals there, tigers, panters, monnkey and raptors. But... there was one evil race inside the forrests. The Trolls. Aronaz, who was new on this planet have never seen such creatures before. But they did look unfriendly, so he decided to leave them alone. He followed the road and he ended up in a small camp called Rebel Camp. It was full of Humans and Dwarfs. This could be his chance to meet some friendly races, and he walked to the camp. The humans looked at him and their commander came to me. He told me that he could use one of his gryphons to ride to the fantastic city of Stormwind. Aronaz couldn't say no, and a minute later he was on a gryphon's back. After a hour trip on the back of the gryphon, he could see huge towers with big blue flags on them. It was Stormwind City, the city that the commander in Rebel Camp talked about. The gryphon slowed down and landed by and flight master, that greet Aronaz with an hello. Aronaz looked at the flight master and said hello back and smiled. Then he began to walk into the city. It was full with people of all kinds of races; Humans, Night Elves, Dwarfs and Gnomes and everyone was friendly. He asked an Inkeeper if there were any other Dreanei's in the city and she replied nicely, Yes, in the dwarven disctric. He shined up of joy and began to run to the dwarven disctric to find some of his own race. They were there and that when the adventure of Azeroth began for real...
Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
My character is Alliance atm, so if I don't get accepted i won't turn it into a ... orc, tauren, troll or goblin. :>

2011 Nov 13 (Sun) 2:57 pm
Former Member

Class: Mage
Post Re: Aronaz - Restoration Shaman
Try logging out in your restoration gear and spec.

2011 Nov 13 (Sun) 4:27 pm

Will do.

2011 Nov 13 (Sun) 4:43 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Hey and welcome! First off I have to say, very complete application. That always makes us happy. Secondly, for more on RPN ( ;) ) check out the guild info, it's in there somewhere!

We'll get back to you with more questions soon.

Sav. 8-)

2011 Nov 13 (Sun) 5:54 pm

Shall I improve anything in the rp or?

2011 Nov 13 (Sun) 9:17 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hi!
-Can you give me the stat prios for a resto shaman(int, crit, haste etc)?

-How does our raidtimes fit you?

-How do you feel about restoshamans right now and in 4.3?

//ARACHE OUT!

2011 Nov 14 (Mon) 12:25 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Hunter
Hello Aron,

Nice app, well kept gear and the spec is good too along with the choices.

Few questions:

1. It caught my attention that you almost reforged to haste on all of your gear, except for your gloves for instance, and you did mastery -> crit on cloak. As I'm not that familiar with resto gearing (I have a resto shammy alt though), can you explain the reason? Is there a haste cap to reach for resto shamans?

2. Would you be willing to switch your mining prof to another crafting prof to further maximize performance?

3. Sometimes healers/tanks are just required to go dps. How comfortable are you with your offspec?

Oh, and don't worry about the rp part, it's fine.

2011 Nov 14 (Mon) 12:39 am

Arache -1. The stats prio for a resto shaman is : Int > Haste > Mastery > Spirit > Crit.
2. Fits well!
3. There is no "huge" chance to 4.3 to be honest. But i love playing resto atm, so i can't love it l
can't love it less then ;)

Seranyl - 1. There is a haste cap on the most classes but the regular haste cap for a resto shaman is
916(i know I've got much more) but i can't give it a bad reason for have much haste.
2. I could switch my mining to another prof.
3. I don't mind dpsing on some bosses.

2011 Nov 14 (Mon) 6:49 pm
Officer (Retired)

Hi Aronaz,

Nice application all in all, we're willing to grant you trial. However apart from the normal criterias for you to fulfill about your trial we need you to get a second crafting profession before we can accept your trial. The trial period usually takes about 3 weeks so you have some time to arrange it.

When you're ready whisper me, Savian or Arache for an invite.

2011 Nov 15 (Tue) 11:28 am
Officer (Retired)

Post Re: Accepted: Aronaz - Restoration Shaman
Application withdrawn.

2011 Nov 16 (Wed) 7:14 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]