NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 19 (Fri) 8:13 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to pagePrevious  1, 2, 3  Next
Accpted: Kentura - Protection Paladin 
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Post Re: Kentura - Protection Paladin
Greetings Kentura,

Just as mentioned, your enchanting and gemming is abit wrong, with some of your choices leaving puzzling thoughts.

For a start, I want you to tell us why you are enchanted and gemmed in such a way and in hindsight, why do you think these were incorrect or correct choices to make.

To make it simplier for you, whilst this isn't the best tool, this should assist you and taking a look at its suggestions, they do appear to be best along the lines of what I would do myself: Mr. Robot

Last edited by Myisha on 2011 Nov 27 (Sun) 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2011 Nov 27 (Sun) 4:22 pm

Class: Paladin
Thanks for the tips, I'll take a look on what I can do to improve my gemming etc, I should apply to this guild more often, keeps me on the right track ;)

2011 Nov 27 (Sun) 6:27 pm

Jiander wrote:
so in conclusion.

You seem to know how to tank, thats good.
now. imho you've been doing your reforging and gemming wrong. and some enchants.
bracers for example shouldnt be expertise. and you have no glove enchant (might be you just got it though).

then theres some personal choices where we are different but those are personal choices :)

force him into fixing his gear and id say hed be a really good asset for heroics.
right now i think he takes a little too much spikes for a heroic boss which could be lethal.

It is at closer look at my gear possible that I choose to gem expertise for the gems color and that it seemed to be the most useful stat I could find to match the gemslots for bonuses, as for enchants I did actually get my gloves recently, for the bracers I am not quite sure, I got them back in 4.1 and I havn't really given it much thought. :) I will do some regemming now and see how I can improve it, would it be ok if I contacted one of you ingame for help / suggestions?

2011 Nov 27 (Sun) 6:31 pm

Myisha wrote:
Greetings Kentura,

Just as mentioned, your enchanting and gemming is all wrong, with some of your choices leaving puzzling thoughts.

For a start, I want you to tell us why you are enchanted and gemmed in such a way and in hindsight, why do you think these were incorrect or correct choices to make.

To make it simplier for you, whilst this isn't the best tool, this should assist you and taking a look at its suggestions, they do appear to be best along the lines of what I would do myself: Mr. Robot

triple post.. Anyhow, very helpful site there, thanks alot!

2011 Nov 27 (Sun) 6:38 pm
Officer (Retired)

Yes, there are Parry/Mastery gems if you wanted to use an Orange gem, you don't have to use Exp/Mastery !

2011 Nov 27 (Sun) 6:56 pm
Former Member

Oh im not playing atm. But just msg mr myisha. He knows most of it by now. If you got any questions to me personally i check the forums alot.

2011 Nov 27 (Sun) 8:49 pm

Jiander wrote:
Oh im not playing atm. But just msg mr myisha. He knows most of it by now. If you got any questions to me personally i check the forums alot.

Alright. I've gemmed and enchanted and reforged according to the Mr.Robot site, so it should be spotless now ;)

2011 Nov 27 (Sun) 9:05 pm
Officer (Retired)

Heya,

Some questions from me:

- What do you feel about the changes they are doing to Paladins in 4.3?
- We require raiders to have two crafting profession leveled to benefit from the maxium PvE bonus it gives. Currently you only have one. Would you be willing to change your mining to something more professional? (Sorry all, I just had to :lol: )
- What's your opinion on Word of Glory? How big of a part do you think it plays in a tanking rotation and would you be willing to talent for Eternal Glory? If so what talent would you take the points from?
- Would you call your major glyphs viable at the moment? What could be done here and if changed what glyphs would you change to? Having these glyphs makes me think you have trouble with treath and mana management instead of being useful to the raid.
- How does your opening rotation look like towards a boss?

/ Vedder

2011 Nov 29 (Tue) 12:04 am

Vedder wrote:
Heya,

Some questions from me:

- What do you feel about the changes they are doing to Paladins in 4.3?
- We require raiders to have two crafting profession leveled to benefit from the maxium PvE bonus it gives. Currently you only have one. Would you be willing to change your mining to something more professional? (Sorry all, I just had to :lol: )
- What's your opinion on Word of Glory? How big of a part do you think it plays in a tanking rotation and would you be willing to talent for Eternal Glory? If so what talent would you take the points from?
- Would you call your major glyphs viable at the moment? What could be done here and if changed what glyphs would you change to? Having these glyphs makes me think you have trouble with treath and mana management instead of being useful to the raid.
- How does your opening rotation look like towards a boss?

/ Vedder

As a protection paladin I feel like the changes in 4.3 will not affect me so much.

I could change my mining, yes, been thinking of blacksmithing for quite some time, how are you suggesting I will get the materials for two crafting profs? Having an alt to farm with or from guild members?

I could change my talents, yes absolutely if it is something you find very important. The way I look at it WoG's effectiveness is much reduced from 4.0 and therefor I havn't specced in Eternal Glory. If I was to change.. very difficult question. I guess I could take 1 point from Hallowed Ground, would reduce my AOE tanking ability but not so much. The other point I would probably take from Wrath of the Lightbringer.

I can remember having aggro problems in early 4.0, and I havn't changed my glyphs since, after taking a closer look at other major glyphs I think I can change all three into something better

My opening rotation on a boss would be... Avengershield > Judgement > Holy Shield > Crusader Strike, then depending on if my Avengers shield refreshes or not I will use CS and judgement untill I have 3 holy power, then depending on my HP I'll cast either WoG or SoR. If I am down 30k of my maximum health I cast WoG.

2011 Nov 29 (Tue) 12:51 am
Officer (Retired)

Hey again,

- Regarding the professions, you say you use this one for farming stuff for your alts. How about changing it to the other way around (alts farming for the main)? Another option is to farm the mats you need to level it than relearn and use those mats.

- Like Jiander said, many paladin talents are optional and comes down to personal preference, I just wanted to get your opinion ;) thanks.

- So which major glyphs do you feel would help you and raid better?

- Some prot paladins like to use Divine plea + Avenging Wrath as the first abilities before the pull to get a good starting threath going. Is that something you've taken some thought on?

2011 Nov 29 (Tue) 9:31 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to pagePrevious  1, 2, 3  Next