NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Mar 29 (Fri) 12:24 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Declined: Windweaver - Balance Druid 

Class: Druid
Post Declined: Windweaver - Balance Druid
Name:

Windweaver

Race, Class, and Main Spec:

Tauren Balance Druid

Armory Link:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... r/advanced

What's your name and where are you from?

Alex, UK

How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.

9 9 +

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?

I've been playing WoW on and off for around 6 years. I currently have 6/7 HC in firelands and any other experience I've put into my guild history.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.

This is indeed my main, I play him a lot (probably far too much) I currently have an 85 Prot Warrior that I'm slowly gearing up and the only other character I really play is a 33 paladin that I twinked out :P

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?

I Started my WoW career back in Classic when I was a noob and used to DPS in cat form with a balance spec (don't judge me) I never reached level 60 in Classic as I took a long break until Wrath of the Lich King around when ToC was released. In Wrath was when I started raiding seriously I raided ToC and ToGC with a guild called Kundalin, this guild disbanded and formed another guild called Isis, with Isis I raided ICC 25, I believe we got to around 7/12 normal fairly quickly in the patch when unfortunately I had to take another long break due to some family reasons. I have now recently returned to WoW around a month ago and I'm currently in a guild with previous Isis members as a social.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.

Ebrill in the guild "The Flaw of Mortality" I imagine would be happy to provide one if needed

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?

As a DPS my role is to pewpew the boss (while staying alive) as well as carrying out any mechanics necessary in the fight. I also bring an emergency heal (tranquillity) as well as a battle rezz (rebirth). And if you ask me very nicely I'll also give you a innervate

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.

I believe that my current spec is pretty much standard at this current time, there are a few talents here and there that I'll explain below:

2/2 Dreamstate: I never have mana problems, however I feel that this talent gives me a good way to quickly get back to optimal DPS if I were ever to be combat rezzed (which hopefully will never need to happen) which is the only time I would use innervate on myself.

1/3 Moonglow: is mearly a filler talent. This point could also go into Solar Beam if there was ever a need for me to interrupt.

2/2 Feral Swiftness: I have recently found use for this talent as a lot of firelands encounters require a lot of movement (Beth'tilac if I was assigned on spiderlings/broodlings, Lord Rhyolith, Shannox, Majordomo and Ragnaros speciafically) And a quick shift into catform for the movement boost is useful.

My Glyphs are also fairly standard and I am not sure any require an explanation. Of course if you feel one does feel free to ask away.

However changes can and will be made depending on how the new content is.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?

I read a lot on EJ as the balance druid section is pretty awesome (although hamlet is leaving soon D:) I also follow sites like mmo champion and wow insider for any changes that my be made to my class.

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat.

http://i.imgur.com/WCalj.jpg

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.

The old Tauren sighed wearily. "You're never going to do this if you can't keep still." "I'm trying," the young Tauren replied. "Shapeshifting is by no means an easy feat" said Windweaver, "you must feel the animal within, not try and force it to come out. Focus now." The young Tauren sat down again. "Think of how it would feel to be a bear," Windweaver said, "Imagine the dirt beneath your paws, the wind blowing through your fur. Imagine how it feels to stretch out and unsheathe your claws, that's how I first got it." Windweaver glanced across to the younger Tauren, who seems to be shaking. "Are you ok?" Windweaver asked cautiously. All of a sudden there was a blur of movement and a flash of light. And there,looking very shocked, stood a small feathery moonkin. "Well," chuckled WIndweaver, "We know what you're you're going to grow up to be."

Feel free to fire any questions at me :)

2011 Dec 01 (Thu) 12:23 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Post Re: Windweaver - Balance Druid
Heya Windweaver! Officers have taken note of your app and will be back with questions as soon as we can 8-)

2011 Dec 01 (Thu) 2:05 am
Former Member

Hello Windweaver!

Nice to see you have applied! This man joined some of our PUGs, and did a splendid job I think,

Good luck,

Bob

2011 Dec 01 (Thu) 2:40 pm
Officer (Retired)

Hello! Sorry for the late response, but here is some questions for you.

-How does our raidtimes fit you?
-How do you dps opener on a boss?
-How do you use our main dps cooldowns and how do you handle movement during a fight?
-And have you had any chance to try out dragon soul?

2011 Dec 02 (Fri) 2:32 am

-How does our raidtimes fit you?

Your raidtimes suit me fine :)

-How do you dps opener on a boss?

Before the boss I plants my shrooms and I then open with treants plus shroom detonation, followed by synapse springs + starfall. Then I start my rotation with IS - Moonfire - wrath/starfire - starsurge and so on :)
The only variant I would use on this is if I require my cooldowns for a specific point in the fight eg I would save my starfall+synapse springs for the first spawn of sparks on Lord Rhyolith.

-How do you use our main dps cooldowns?

My use of cooldowns of course depends on the fight. If the fight is fairly tank and spank like Baleroc I'd use them at the start of the fight and then as soon as they come up again, although I usually save treants for when bloodlust is going to be used if I can. Eg I'd pop them at the start and then again at bloodlust.

If the fight has a mechanic that either has spawning adds or a point where the boss takes more damage/there is a need to burn something down, I would time my cooldowns differently. I'll always try and use starfall when there are adds up, for example I can time it so that I can use starfall every time the molten elements form on raggy. If there is a need t burn something down or there is a point where the boss takes more damage I would time my cooldowns so I can use them at that point.

Rotation-wise I always try and use starfall during lunar eclipse if possible, and I also pop synapse springs and starfall together.

How do you handle movement?

Whilst moving I usually refresh my DoTs, the only time I wouldn't were if there current DoTs on the target are more powerful, eg I'd just come out of eclipse and the DoTs on the target where cast during eclipse making them more powerful. In that case I'd wait until the drop before refreshing. The other thing I can do whilst moving is planting some shrooms :)

-And have you had any chance to try out dragon soul?

I have done the first four bosses in raid finder so I have some clue of how the first four work. I haven't tried to PuG any of it normally.

I hope all that makes sense to you because what I write tends to sometimes be a bit different to what is in my head :P

2011 Dec 02 (Fri) 3:32 am
Officer (Retired)

Hey there Windweaver,

I see you carry a resto of spec, how competent are you with switching to that role? Have you got an almost completely different set of gear for it as well or do you use your boomkin gear?
If so what is the stat prio you try and follow for resto?

/ Vedder

2011 Dec 02 (Fri) 9:19 am

Unfortunately I am terribad at healing. I'm not sure why but I just can't get the hang off it :P I actually am currently gearing for a feral off spec, I think I changed it to resto to heal a old content raid like ICC or something. I haven't yet decided whether my feral OS is going to be tanking or DPS so I am flexible is that regards once I have all the gear I need.

2011 Dec 02 (Fri) 3:53 pm
Officer (Retired)

Howdy again! I got a couple of questions to throw your way ;)

What's your favourite boss in WoW ever and why?
How did you like DS so far, anything interesting you have to note on the new instance?
How talkative are you in guildchat and in Mumble?

Sav. 8-)

2011 Dec 03 (Sat) 3:29 pm

What's your favourite boss in WoW ever and why?

Alagalon by a longlonglong way. I wish that I had been playing when he was on progression. I love everything about the fight, from the voice acting to the mechanics. It's just so awesome :)

How did you like DS so far, anything interesting you have to note on the new instance?

I've actually quite enjoyed it, the mechanics are new and interesting which is always nice, although it is stupidly easy on raid finder.

How talkative are you in guildchat and in Mumble?

I am permanently logged into mumble and once I get to know you you'll have a hard time shutting me up :P I'm also active in guild chat too and always willing to answer any questions etc

2011 Dec 03 (Sat) 6:22 pm
Officer (Retired)

Hey Windweaver,

First of sorry for some delays regarding our verdict on your app. Even though you were aware of our current druid situation you brought your pen up and posted this indeed solid application, which I gotta give you some plus-points for. However the current setup we roll makes us declining this. We've given this a lot of thought though but as we run a tight raidforce we feel we can't really fit another druid in unless in most dire need.

Thanks for your time and good luck with your guildhunting.
/ Vedder

2011 Dec 06 (Tue) 10:44 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]