NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Mar 29 (Fri) 5:44 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Accepted: Websters - Protection Warrior 

Class: Warrior
Post Accepted: Websters - Protection Warrior
Name: Secret, call me Webs!
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Blood Elf Protection Warrior
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... ers/simple

What's your name and where are you from?
Because of my guild guild history, I've learnt to watch over my real life name, hopefully this won't stop this application! You can call me Webs, and I'm from Denmark.

How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
Uh, despite doing a little research, I haven't been able to find the correct answer, so I guess I'll cheat a little and say that I'm 23.

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?
I used to be a very hardcore raider, dating back to the original Molten Core, Blackwing Lair and AQ. I used to be a raid leader for a 40 man guild in vanilla, and again, raid leader a good time into The Burning Crusade, just before Black Temple was released, where I stepped down because I couldn't keep up with the organisational work before a raid, but I remained as core raider. In Wrath of The Lich King, I changed guild, because there was adjustments to the raiding times that I couldn't make, because most of the guild was had changed to primarily being british. The new guild was not a hardcore raiding guild, but the atmosphere was nice, so I sticked around. To forfill my extra raiding needs, I joined an alt into Goon Squad, and raided with their core team aswell, making me raid 6 out of 7 nights of the week, as the raiding days matched perfectly. I was again raid leading for a 10 man group in the main guild.

When Cataclysm was released, the main guild decided to go from a 25 man to a 10 man, and since most of the people in the guild was real life friends, I was one of the people cut short, thus I joined <Goon Squad> with my main aswell. Back then, <Goon Squad> was a fairly hardcore raiding guild aswell, but the group I was placed with was a very very casual one, and I never really got to see any progression, other than the usual farm content. So I have kind of considered Cataclysm as my expansion to find my love for WoW again, and thus haven't been that fussed about raiding this expansion. I've started to miss it, and making this application is one of the first steps to do something about it.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
I play this character several hours a day, and it is my main.
I currently have a character of all classes at 85. The only serious alt being my druid though. The reason I have a character of each class is purely to play it myself to have a better understanding of the class in a raiding environment. I have been doing this, since The Burning Crusade.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?
WoW: <Evernight>, Zenedar
TBC: <Evernight>, Zenedar
WotLK: <Mist>, Argent Dawn - <Goon Squad>, Sporeggar/Defias Brotherhood
Cataclysm: <Goon Squad>, Defias Brotherhood

I think I covered the rest of the questions above, if not, feels free to fire more at me.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
I'm currently playing and roleplaying with Seranyl, so I believe(hope) he can vouche for me. I have also talked to a few other people, and even your dear leader, prior to making this application. Not sure if that makes me more 'voucheable' though.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
With the threat mechanics changed in the recent patches, the focus for a tanked has shifted slightly, from no longer paying as much attention to the threat meter, to have more situational awareness. Such as timing cooldowns, making sure an add isn't ravaging your healers and place the bosses in the most optimal positions for optimized DPS.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
My spec is purely raid based, to make me capable of taking the least amount of damage from a boss, but still make decent DPS and thus threat. It's one of the famous, and most commonly used tanking specs that's been proved over and over again.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
The website behind <Goon Squad> have a very good warrior thread, sort of like a Elitistjerks without the jerks in it. I am often posting in there with information and tips to other warriors. Furthermore, I follow most of the commonly used raiding sites.

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat.
http://i.imgur.com/KIF65.jpg What is not shown on this screenshot is the threatmeter, it appears to the right of my hotbars, but in that fight I had no use for it, and had it hidden. I apologize for the censorship :)

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.
(I'm usually terrible at this, so you're warned!)

At a young age, Webs was forced from his home, ending up in Orgrimmar. In one of the daily fights for food, a city official saw him fight and was impressed. He was quickly recruited into a class of children with gifts in fighting. Here Webs continued to impress his teachers, and he was soon placed in an actual squadron. His speciality being efficient low profile killing and tactical planning and insertions. This made him a strong cooperative with The Shattered Hand. Eventually, he was placed in a special squadron that very few people knows much about to this day. Here he became a Centurion after proving his worth in several operations. He is was known to be emotionless, without regard for any kind of life and fearless. As of late though, this has recently changed, and he have begun to act more as a person, actually show a care to preserve life. Some contribute this to him meeting a girl.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.

Not much really, fire away with any potential questions. I can imagine there will be some about my current guild.

2012 Mar 12 (Mon) 6:30 pm
Former Member

Class: Mage
Post Re: Websters - Protection Warrior
Nicely written application. :)

Please log out in your tanking gear though!

Bob

2012 Mar 12 (Mon) 6:42 pm

Zehrponicia wrote:
Nicely written application. :)

Please log out in your tanking gear though!

Bob

Oh shi-! Will do after this heroic...

2012 Mar 12 (Mon) 6:48 pm

Done! (Sorry, I can't find the edit)

2012 Mar 12 (Mon) 6:50 pm

Oh yeah!

As a follow up I can promise almost a 100% attendance, both in farm and progression raiding.

2012 Mar 12 (Mon) 8:33 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Heya Webs! Officers have noted your application and will return asap with any questions :D

2012 Mar 12 (Mon) 11:53 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Hunter
Hey thar!

Yes, I can vouche for you and stuff. ^^ Still, we will go through this hopefully minor application process with things, such as...

Describe your stat prio.

Describe your rotation/ability prio while whacking stuff and why.

2012 Mar 13 (Tue) 12:31 am

Seranyl wrote:
Hey thar!

Yes, I can vouche for you and stuff. ^^ Still, we will go through this hopefully minor application process with things, such as...

Describe your stat prio.

Describe your rotation/ability prio while whacking stuff and why.

Hurray!

My stats are based on the MrRobot suggestion on the Avoidance cap, then stamina, although I have felt that I block enough to sacrifice a bit of that stamina with extra mastery (I am a sucker for mastery). Looking over my gemming though, I can see that I have received quite a few items since last "re-gemming round", so some of the gems may be updated/not optimal. I'll change that either tonight or tomorrow.

Rotation-wise for a warrior I don't think there's much to hassle about.

Shield Slam > Revenge > Keeping up rend (With TC for Thunderstruck, so I can fire off a Shockwave with extra 15% damage for the low price of 15 rage!) > Devastate > and finally a Heroic strike if I have excessive rage (+60 or so). If the threat is too terrible, I can of course always pop a Retaliation for just a little extra. Unlike most tank, I consider it a situational cooldown, as it often gives me what I feel a little extra edge against DPS that outgears me too much (Try tanking against a full heroic, legendary daggered rogue, without tricks :( )

2012 Mar 13 (Tue) 12:48 am

Okay, so I decided to knock myself out since I found a minor calculation error which I won't mention here, because that was kinda a terrible mistake. But the gems are switched and I got around 11k more EHP.

2012 Mar 13 (Tue) 1:08 am
Former Member

Hi, a few questions to a fellow tanker ( im an old timer, i dont rly play anymore :P ).
anyways was wondering if you could answer.
what are your primary objectives as a tank in a raid? in your oppinion.
are you more important than someone else in the raid?
if you get to save either a fellow healer or a dps from dying whom do you choose and why?
thats it for me!

2012 Mar 13 (Tue) 11:16 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next