NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 28 (Sun) 12:26 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Death Knight Kaine Application — Accepted 
Former Member

Post Death Knight Kaine Application — Accepted
Kaine
Level 79(Almost 80) Blood Elf Death Knight
Unholy (5/6/6)

[1. OOC Information]

Who are you and where are you from?
My name is Peter, and I live in Sweden.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.

How long have you been playing WoW?
Since the first US Beta, but I've taken a few long breaks now and then.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character?
This is technically and alternative character, as I have already a level 80 character, but I play on this character more than on my Warlock.

Were you in any other guilds? Are you in any other guilds?
I've never been in any serious guild with this character.

[2. The Luminous Path and You]

What do you want out of a guild?
I'm looking for a more laid-back guild that can help me enjoy the game more.

Any specific goals or wishes?
My closest goals is to get better tanking gear since I want to be able to tank throughout different instances.

Do you know anyone in the Luminous Path?
Nimoe.

What will you bring to the Path?
Humor, kindness and hopefully a good tank to help you in these tank-deprived times.

[3. PvE Questionnaire]

What nights of the week are you free for raiding?
I'm usually free every night if I'm not studying, or enjoying a well-before-hand mentioned social event.

Tell us about your PvE experience.
I have played warlocks for years and have experience in 5-man heroics and 10-man raids. I also have a bit of experience as a Paladin tank and healer.

[4. PvP Experience]

What is your main PvP role?
I don't enjoy much pvp and I haven't tried any battlegrounds with my Death Knight, my warlock tried to help other people either defend or attack, depending on the situation, in essence I'm a team player.

Tell us about your PvP experience.
I've played a lot of battlegrounds and Arena, but I grew bored of it.

[5. IC Section]

End your application with a short biography, in-character note to the officers, or other story or statement about yourself. Here, effort counts more than length or content.

-"Time... Infinite and mysterious, the flowing river of time, mortals obsession since it began... Constantly guarded by all-knowing Nozdormu, Patriarch of the Bronze Dragonflight. But even he cannot see everything.!"
The words echoed in the dark hall of the dungeon.

-"The proof is right here! If he truly knew everything he'd be here to stop me right now!" The hooded figure in the center of the large hall said.

Demonic energies humming and crashing towards the arcane torrents pulsating and bouncing against the magic walls that protected the room from the very Twisting Nether imploding. Hanging midair in the room was the body of a Sin'dorei male with long blonde hair, unconscious and covered in rags. The hooded figure infront of him spoke:
-"A fine speciment indeed, such a waste really, ironic that your time in this form is up!"

Raising his arms the hooded figure finished his ritual. Instantly the arcane and demonic energies all suddently gathered upon the unconcious victim, resulting in a blinding orb of light. As if in a moment of fear the hooded figure covered his green eyes from the light with his arm. Once the light passed, the hooded figure hesitated a second before he lowered his arm.
The light had passed and still hanging mid air was the now grey haired Sin'dorei male. The hooded figure gazed, as if in a trance, upon the fruits of his labour.

-"Finally the... Time... has come!" He uttered amazed, and slowly lowered his eyes towards the floor where he noticed something.
On the floor was the body of another grey haired Sin'dorei, lying lifeless. The hooded figure began casting a time-twisting teleportation spell upon the body stating:
-"Residue was to be expected, I suppose I can hide it as one of the Lich Kings pawns!"
As the portal opened on the floor beneth the body lying on the floor, it fell through.

Darkness, all is black that is all I can remember... and then I felt the cold words in my mind:
"Arise, and serve the Lich King! Prove your worth to the Lich King!"
"All that I am: anger, cruelty, vengeance - I bestow upon you, my chosen knight. Go no and claim your destiny Death knight." - The Lich King.

2009 Jun 01 (Mon) 8:50 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Post Re: Death Knight Kaine Application
I like your application, and I would be prepared to approve it swiftly, but we gotta talk about a couple of things:

1. We're kind of overtanked at the moment. Would you consider re-speccing or dual-speccing DPS?
2. Between dinging 80 and coming on your first raid, there will be a lot of gear to be replaced. What are your specific goals for upgrades going forward?

2009 Jun 01 (Mon) 10:42 pm
Former Member

1. We're kind of overtanked at the moment. Would you consider re-speccing or dual-speccing DPS?
I've already considered dual speccing dps so I have no problem with that.
2. Between dinging 80 and coming on your first raid, there will be a lot of gear to be replaced. What are your specific goals for upgrades going forward?
I plan to collect a lot of tanking gear from reputation and from normal and later heroic dungeons, which shouldn't be too hard if I can find a healer. And if I dual specc dps I guess I could offspecc roll dps gear from the same dungeons.

2009 Jun 01 (Mon) 11:31 pm
Officer (Retired)

Sounds good.

Just to be clear, our expectation would be that you spec and gear up primarily for DPS if you want to raid.

I'll wait 'till my fellow officers have seen this, but like I said, looks good. Nice RP section, too!

2009 Jun 02 (Tue) 12:50 am
Officer (Retired)

Take Thórva's advice about getting an offspec seriously. The tank slot is rarely left open on raid night.

Support.

2009 Jun 02 (Tue) 2:57 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
I quite like the application, but I echo Thórva's and Iah's comments--the Path does not have a dearth of tanks at the moment, but we could use more skilled DPS. Double kudos for not skimping on the RP section. But nobody ever gives their age in Reverse Polish Notation...

Support.

2009 Jun 02 (Tue) 4:29 am
Former Member

Class: Warrior
Wanted to poke at the character name, but will abstain, because of the very good written RP section. Just my two cents, as the Dragons appear to have decided already =)

Oh, and PROTIP: 7 3 * 13 2 * + 3 - 2 / , for instance.

2009 Jun 02 (Tue) 1:59 pm
Profile ICQ
Officer (Retired)

Class: Warlock
I like it. I vote yea.

2009 Jun 02 (Tue) 2:11 pm

If you steal my DPS plates i'll eat ya :)

2009 Jun 02 (Tue) 8:12 pm
Officer (Retired)

Well that settles that then! /w me, Kekrops, Ekhan, or Zalmoxis for a ginvite.

2009 Jun 02 (Tue) 8:21 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]