NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 27 (Sat) 10:53 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
Troll Warrior Vóljin (tank) Application -- Accepted 

Post Troll Warrior Vóljin (tank) Application -- Accepted
Vóljin
Level 80 Troll Warrior
Protection [15/5/51]
Skinner/Miner

[1. OOC Information]

Who are you and where are you from?
My name's David, and I live in Dublin, Ireland.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
17 10 +

How long have you been playing WoW?
About two to three months.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character?
This has become my main, and I spend about 90% of my time on WoW playing him. I also have a ele/resto Shaman and some other alts that are 70 or below.

Were you in any other guilds? Are you in any other guilds?
I'm a former member The Forsaken Blades but most of the senior memebers moved onto Delirium and the guild fell apart.

[2. The Luminous Path and You]

What do you want out of a guild?
Fun. I want to be able to log on and go, "Hey guys whats happening?" There are lots of aspects to WoW that I have yet to see and would enjoy running old instances and doing achievements just for the fun of it. I would also like to progress in raids, and do some pre-made PvP

Any specific goals or wishes?
Firstly I'd like to finish off my T7(.5) gear and get my cooking and fishing up. Long term I want a 310% mount.

Do you know anyone in the Luminous Path?
Thórva

What will you bring to the Path?
A helpful attitude and patience.

[3. PvE Questionnaire]

What nights of the week are you free for raiding?
Usually Tuesday, Thursday and most weekends. Although I have no problem shifting my schedule every once in a while to suit.

Tell us about your PvE experience.
Well Vóljin was rolled up after WotLK so he know all the dungeons for Northrend including HCs. I have OT: OS10; Naxx10/25; and VoA 10. I have MT Naxx10 and VoA25

[4. PvP Experience]

What is your main PvP role?
For Vóljin it is running interference. I keep the target in place and screw around with the healers.

Tell us about your PvP experience.
Most of my PvP experience is with a Resto Shaman. My PvP experience with Vóljin is limited.

[5. IC Section]
Vóljin has always felt at home on the battlefield because it is the one place where he could express himself, where he can finally let go of all of his emotions. From an early age Vóljin never wanted to harm or to prey upon others seeking instead to protect his friends and to infuriate his enemies, this latter characteristic probably stems from his mischievous nature.

When not on the battlefield Vóljin likes nothing more than to settle down for an evening of fishing and cooking although truth be told he isn't very good at either. His joy of cooking comes from the fact that as a child he was kidnapped and taken to an internment camp run by brigands, eating only gruel has left him with a great appreciation of all skilled cooks.

2009 Jun 30 (Tue) 8:59 pm
Officer (Retired)

Post Re: Troll Warrior Vóljin (tank) Application
This is a strong application, not least because you actually gave your age in reverse Polish notation, but the Path is flush with tanks. It is the only raid roll for which we never lack a player. Do you have a DPS offspec and are you interested in advancing with the Path as DPS?

2009 Jun 30 (Tue) 11:29 pm

I can vote for this guy! Me and Hookt did about 7-8 heroics with this dude on one night. Good tank that knows how to do his shit.

But we are pretty full on tanks, but maybe we need your shaman as elemental, i think we always lacks range dps.

2009 Jul 01 (Wed) 2:20 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
I concur with all the above. Great application, and we'd be glad to have you--but you'd probably be frustrated if you joined us as a tank.

2009 Jul 01 (Wed) 3:45 am
Former Member

Class: Warrior
Awesome application! I can see that you mean business. And you are the first one to give out his age in Reverse Polish Notation. It would be very nice to see you represent the Luminous Path.

2009 Jul 01 (Wed) 5:50 am
Profile ICQ
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Huzzah! Finally!

Alright look, folks: we are overtanked, it's true. But let's look at this in the proper light: (a) all of our tanks can't be there all of the time, and (b) we'll need a fair few tonks if we're ever going to do 25-mans and have a little breathing room in our 25-man roster.

Vóljin is good people, as we* used to say in Tennessee, and I'll be damned if I'm turning down anyone who gives their age in the proper notation. My fellow officers seem to concur, so /w me, Ekhan, Kekrops, or Zalmoxis in-game for a ginvite.

* I never said this, even in Tennessee. But then, I am edjakated.

2009 Jul 01 (Wed) 11:28 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]