NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 28 (Sun) 1:09 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Accepted — Protection Warrior. Megamoo 

Post Accepted — Protection Warrior. Megamoo
NAME: Megamoo
Race/Class: Tauren Warrior
Main Spec: Protection
Primary Professions: JewelCrafter (450) Inscription (450)
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Megamoo
Fishing Skill: 450

What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Nigel and im a crazy Brit form England
How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
29 (30 in January)
How long have you been playing WoW? (may also help explain strangely high fishing skills)
A loooong time, since the good old days of vanilla WoW <3
Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
Well i have recently moved to this server in seek of a guild requiring my talents and time as i have been hardly used, so i plan on playing as much as i can work permitting! i do have 3 80 alts that i play occasionally but im mainly a tank, always was always will be :)
What's your guild history? Are you in a guild right now? Are you leaving that guild because of some drama you caused? Cause one thing we really don't want is drama... No, you say? Then why are you leaving?
I left the Guild back on The Shatar because OF the drama and the general lack of decent players on the whole damn server :P, as stated im looking for a new place to rest my hooves and contribute to ;)
Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
New server so no one knows me :( hoping to make a few friends though ;)
What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
Im the tank, if im doing well then i keep the aggro, if not im doing crap :P or the dps is godlike and im just out classed (dosnt happen often :P)
What's your PvE experience like?
Im mainly PvE, i dont do a lot of PvP with my tank so really all i do is PvE, have cleared a long list of raids, only one i nver got round to doing was sunwell :P as i was out of work (skint) during that time and had no game money :( was a saaaad time indeed! oh and diddnt finish black temple either :(
Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
Well i love prot spec, as said always been a tank with my warrior, but i have chosen my talent points out of what i have found best for me and what i saw as the best to work with. But as always im open for suggestions anytime :)
Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
mainly forums on the net and on WoW class forums. also my nephew on another server has a warrior tank so we brainstorm a bit :P (argue) ;)
Obviously you're here for the awesome PvE, but this being an RP realm, and us lot being total nerds, indulge us: end your application with a short biography, in-character note to the officers, or other story or statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.
Hail Officers of the mighty Luminous Path! I greet thee most whole heartedly with the roar of my ancestors! "MooooooOOO"! I was but a lowly calf wandering the plains when on a fine sunny day in Thunder Bluff i came across a mighty Moo Lord by the name of Mysticmoo who told me that my path would lead to greatness and glory in the path of time! On hearing this news i trained long and hard to strive to forfill my destiny! I found that my path lay in the defense of others, saving them from great pain and suffering in the hands of evil humans and the like, hell bent on making plans for us to be slowly culled and placed in between 2 pieces of bread?!!! Crazy humans!
So Ever since i have long waited for the chance to strike back at them and anyone/thing thats stands in the way of my destiny and who would harm others! "MoooooOOOO!"
Megamoo
Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
I do have as stated some alts, and im more than willing to devote them all to the guild :) I have a 80 orc hunter (ok geared) a Troll 80 DK (not geared much) and a 80 undead Priest (good geared) I do like playing them and helping out if needed with guildies req runs when not raiding etc, just gives me a bit of diversity ;)
Thankyou for considering me.
I await your reply in due course.
Megamoo

2009 Oct 12 (Mon) 3:56 pm

Post Re: Protection Warrior. Megamoo
Sorry just to be annoying i thought i would just quickly add that im fully able to use vent (and very glad u guys do!) and i forgot to mention my PvE experience in WoTLK, i have cleared naxx (obviously) and 13/14 in ulduar with my priest, ToC have done the beasts but thats as far as the previous guild got. As i said i have done these on my priest as the guild, basically, only wanted me for my priest :(
Hope that clears somethings up if i missed anything please feel free to ask :P
I am able to commit to the raid times mostly but i have to be honest i have a demanding job (paramedic) and it sometimes gets very very busy as you would expect! but if i sign i show. simples!
Oh btw for the life of me i couldnt work out the Age thing....sorry im a bit stupid in the maths dept! Hehe, hope it isnt a problem.

2009 Oct 12 (Mon) 4:51 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Your experience and gear are definitely points in your favor, as well as the simple fact the guild is in need of tanks. However, while we try not to be too obsessed about it, we do take the RP element of the game seriously (hence why we've chosen Defias Brotherhood as our home). Would you be willing to change your name to help fit in with the atmosphere we're trying to cultivate for the guild?

2009 Oct 12 (Mon) 5:50 pm

Ide be willing to change my name no problem, i only chose that one as the one i had from my old realm was taken. Im terrible at choosing names though...will have to think of one :P But yeah i can do if its a major problem.

2009 Oct 12 (Mon) 10:28 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Hey Nigel,

Thanks for applying, and I generally like this app. Your professions, gear level, and gemming all look good. While the other officers and I deliberate, though, a couple of questions:

• Why have you chosen Tuskarr's Vitality as a boot enchant when there are others that give more stamina?
    • Given the existence of items like The Black Heart from TotC normal, what's up with the JC's trinkets? Is there a reason you've kept them over the better normal dungeon drops and the ones available with emblems?

Don't mean any offence by the questions, just curious to know your positions on them. We'll have an answer for you as soon as we can.

2009 Oct 13 (Tue) 12:22 am

Hi and thanks for the reply :) Hmm yeah i see what u mean with the boots, i think it was a stop-gap nchant at the time and then the guild i was in decided not to use him anymore :( Gladly will change it as one of my first things on the *to do list*! As for the Jc trinkets, yeah...i can see what u mean i have just gotten used to them mainly but, i do like the monarch crab one as its good for the extra dodge now and again and i do use it a bit, as for the ruby hare then well no excuse really :P lol if its a major problem i can go and get some others no problem at all. But in saying that im ok with them atm and i like the 2 sockets they give too, makes it a bit more flexible if i needed a couple of stat points etc. Happy to change them though as said :)

2009 Oct 13 (Tue) 1:36 am
Former Member

Application and gear looks ok when comparing to the general gearlevel in guild. Like mentioned the name is something I don't see fitting, but if you're willing to change it for more suitable RP name it's not a problem. If you need hints or advices before you choose your new name I'm sure some people from the guild are willing to help with it too (in my old guild person applied with name Lolpala or something like that, we asked him to change it and he came back as Bubbleboi, didn't get invited to the guild ;) too bad he wasted the money to the name change).
I also like to mention that the guild is still progressing in the raids, so be ready to some wiping and learning progression in raids. Tho the raiding is taken seriously and we've progressed pretty fast at least in TotC so the farm status is just matter of time (I'm pretty new myself and still on my trial period, so can't say anything about Ulduar).

2009 Oct 13 (Tue) 9:41 am
Profile WWW
Officer (Retired)

I can actually see how Tuskarr's Vitality could be situationally useful: I know I've stopped several wipes with my Nitro Boosts, especially in chaotic movement fights (Phase 2 of Onyxia, anyone?), so I'm not discounting it, just wanted you to explain.

The officers have decided to accept you subject to the condition that you change your name. Just let us know if you want us to try to save you the money by reporting your name, which I'd be happy to do.

Just to make sure you don't have to change it again, let me be clear that our standard is higher than the minimum set out in Blizzard policies, and we expect that you'll pick something passably Tauren. For inspiration on this point, check out http://www.wowwiki.com/Tauren#Names or /w Ekhan, our bovine officer, who will be happy to brainstorm with you I'm sure. Don't pick something ending in -hoof; it's way overdone.

When the change is done, whisper Thórva, Adaernor, Zalmoxis, or Ekhan for a ginvite.

2009 Oct 13 (Tue) 1:17 pm

Post Magamoo's new name: Tatankå
Hi all just so you dont think some random dude is trying to get into the guild i have changed my name! i have spent a lot of time finding it and reading up on the lore, origins and meaning of it. Its a derivative of Tatanka which is a Lakota word that literally means “bull buffalo”. Taken from a Native American tribal name(1831–1890), better known as Sitting Bull, medicine man and leader of the Hunkpapa Sioux.
I realize that its from a *medicine man* in the above comment but also it means "American Bison" in the lakota language. So i thought it was quite apt for my name for these reasons and also it does incorporate *tank* in there too while sticking to the Rp guidelines.
Hope this is ok :) if not pls feel free to report me like crazy and ile get it changed again :)

Tatankå

2009 Oct 13 (Tue) 3:38 pm
Officer (Retired)

Post Re: Accepted — Protection Warrior. Megamoo
D'Accord! Good choice. Whisper the above guys for a ginvite.

2009 Oct 13 (Tue) 3:50 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]