NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 28 (Sun) 1:04 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
Withdrawn — Caldari, Orcish Protection Warrior 

Post Withdrawn — Caldari, Orcish Protection Warrior
NAME: Caldari
Race/Class: Orcish Warrior
Main Spec: Protection
Primary Professions: Blacksmithing and Engineering
Armory Link: http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... &n=Caldari
Fishing Skill: 421!

What's your name and where are you from?
My real name's Jen, and I'm an American expatriate currently living in Belgium.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
I'm older than I look and younger than I feel.. ohh, alright, I'm 27.

How long have you been playing WoW? (may also help explain strangely high fishing skills)
I've been traversing WoW since 2005, if my memory serves me correctly.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
My previous main was a Retribution Paladin in Ulduar. However, they changed how Ret paladins work in such a way that I no longer enjoy the spec to any real extent. As a result, I find myself returning once again to my trusty Warrior. Tanking blood has been running through my veins for many years now.

What's your guild history? Are you in a guild right now? Are you leaving that guild because of some drama you caused? Cause one thing we really don't want is drama... No, you say? Then why are you leaving?
I'm currently unguilded, because I only recently moved to Defias Brotherhood (today, actually) to play with my boyfriend (who is also unguilded). That said, I do have a rich and uh, colorful guild history. I've had the pleasure to see most of the game's content in a mostly friendly guild environment. With some downs and many, many ups - which has left me wanting for more.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
As I just moved here, I only know Vinoko, my boyfriend. You are welcome to inquire on Azjol-Nerub, though. Ex-members of Fallen should be able to tell you a thing or two about Thyferra, my previous main. Some names that spring to mind are Fuzzeh, Lorraz, Dorianna and Aribethh.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
As a tank, my job is to make sure people don't get killed. I'm doing a pretty good job if I don't lose aggro to that eager mage, and (of course) if I'm not standing in the fire or pointing the boss to the raid. I'm also doing a good job if I'm managing my cooldowns correctly to mitigate as much damage as possible and avoid death at all costs.

What's your PvE experience like?
I'm going to assume you are looking for tanking experience here, in which case I've tanked sparingly in classic WoW, everything but not including Kael in TBC, and everything up to XT in Ulduar. As for general PvE experience, I've seen all of Ulduar cleared, with the exception of the final boss (on my paladin).

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
I just verified my talent build to see if is up to par, since I have been inactive on this character up until a few days ago. My playing style is generally quick and steady, and my build as well as glyphs are tailored to this playing style.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
http://www.wowhead.com/ to find upgrades, and general item information.
http://www.tankspot.com/ for general tanking info (though to a lesser extent).
http://www.elitistjerks.com/ for any information pertaining to truly optimizing gear/rotations and the like.

Obviously you're here for the awesome PvE, but this being an RP realm, and us lot being total nerds, indulge us: end your application with a short biography, in-character note to the officers, or other story or statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.
Caldari is an odd sort of Orc. While most of her kind are often considered brutish and savage, she stands out as an intelligent and well-mannered person. One wouldn't think that this Warrior, standing only five feet tall, would be fluent in four languages. Helpful and kind, reliable and headstrong, she is commited to doing what she does best: keeping her fellow Horde members safe. She is determined to do her part in the war effort. It should be noted that Caldari may be considerably less mannered in the presence of gnomes.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
I feel it's important to mention that my mic is currently inoperational, and has been ever since I installed windows Vista. I've been unable to get it to work, and frankly after weeks of frustration I've given up. While I realize this might disqualify me, I figured fair's fair so you deserve to know. You should also know I've tanked a lot of raids without a mic with no problems.

2009 Oct 13 (Tue) 8:33 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Post Re: Caldari, Orcish Protection Warrior
I like the application. Just a couple of questions:

I notice most of your gear is Naxx-level. What are you doing (heroics, Ulduar, etc.) and what are your immediate goals for higher-level gear? Likewise, you have no epic gems in your socketed pieces. Do you plan to change that anytime soon?

2009 Oct 13 (Tue) 10:35 pm

These are valid concerns, so allow me to address them.

As I said, Ive only started playing this character again a few days ago. I'll be doing heroics for the emblems as well as running Ulduar pugs whenever I can for upgrades. As for the gems, when I actively played this character epic gems weren't commonplace yet, but I do intend to replace them asap.

2009 Oct 13 (Tue) 10:50 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Ekhan pretty much summed up what my main concerns would have been. This is a very nice application and it seems like you know what you have to do to get up to speed. A couple of questions:

• Could you name the next 3 pieces of gear you're aiming to get?

• Talk to me about why you chose that particular boots enchant instead of others.

2009 Oct 13 (Tue) 11:40 pm

I apologize for wasting your time, but I would like to retract my application at this time. Seems we've decided to take a lighter approach and as such I wouldn't be able to afford a proper raiding schedule.

Good luck with your guild and thanks for considering me!

2009 Oct 14 (Wed) 3:40 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Jen,

No worries; let us know if you change your mind.

2009 Oct 14 (Wed) 4:05 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]