NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 27 (Sat) 7:32 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
Declined — Hersii Disc Priest 

Post Declined — Hersii Disc Priest
NAME: Hersii
Race/Class: Blood Elf, Priest
Main Spec: Disc
Primary Professions: 450 Skinning & 450 Cooking
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... d&n=Hersii
Fishing Skill: 186 :(

What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Karl, I'm from England! :)
How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. I am 16

How long have you been playing WoW? (may also help explain strangely high fishing skills) I started playing in TBC got to 70 then WOTLK came out straight after

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. Well my Priest Hersii is my main character, But i also have an 80 deathknight called Krymu he is blood dps but i dont go on him

What's your guild history? Are you in a guild right now? Are you leaving that guild because of some drama you caused? Cause one thing we really don't want is drama... No, you say? Then why are you leaving? I have been in a few guilds but now im in a guild called Erased and i am leaving them because they dont raid and not really active.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. Well i have a IRL mate who plays his 4/5 t9 mage called Rimmy.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? I'm normaly healing tanks as im disc and i can tell if im doing a good job if the tanks dont die :P and getting shouted at :(

What's your PvE experience like?
I have done: Molten core, Karazhan, Naxx10/25, EoE10/25, OS 10/25, Totc 10, (Totc 25 - 3/5) And i have done most of the bosses in ulduar just need a few more bosses them i've done 10/25 ulduar

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. My choice of spec is disc and the way i built my spec was of a friend from another guild. ;)

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game? WoW class forums

Obviously you're here for the awesome PvE, but this being an RP realm, and us lot being total nerds, indulge us: end your application with a short biography, in-character note to the officers, or other story or statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional. Well i'm no good at this sort of stuff :) but i'm 16 I'm currently at college studying I.C.T (Computers) and i raidded with thórva in ToTC 10 And he said you currently need healers and im looking for a nice PvE guild so i thought i'd make the application and hope to see you all Soon! :)

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application. Hope To Raid With You ALL SOON!! Bye bye

Hersii..;)

2009 Oct 27 (Tue) 3:20 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Post Re: Hersii Disc Priest
Quote:
Obviously you're here for the awesome PvE, but this being an RP realm, and us lot being total nerds, indulge us: end your application with a short biography, in-character note to the officers, or other story or statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.

I'll hold off consideration of your application until it is complete. You don't have to write anything epic (or even good, really); just give us an idea of who Hersii is as a person, either through a general description, a brief bio, or an anecdote of some kind.

Also a clarificatory note to all applicants: smilies ( :) , z.B.) are not punctuation marks.

2009 Oct 27 (Tue) 2:11 pm
Former Member

Few further questions. I don't comment the RP part since you know it's recommended and we're waiting to hear bit more about Hersii. Since you didn't put that much effort to the application there's something I'd like to ask about your view of game and ability to improve your character/gaming.

How's your ability to get BiS enchants to your gear? I can see you have some "cheaper" versions of enchants, and some items totally unenchanted. How's your plans to get your rep up with factions like Sons of Hodir and Kirin Tor for better shoulder/head enchants? Your gear is very nice, so it's a shame that you haven't been able to enchant it properly.

Your spec needs a tiny check up. It's mostly ok, and there's different variations from pve-disc-builds that are generally accepted as "best build available". The biggest thing I ponder is, why have you putted so much effort to renew (glyph & talents) instead of giving Borrowed Time 5/5? If you want to play "deeper" holy build for Improved Healing you don't need to put 3/3 to Improved Renew. Also the renew glyph should be replaced with PW:S glyph.
Also that you gem for haste but don't have 5/5 in your haste talents (Borrowed Time) is kind of waste if you see the mathematics. Now you don't get even half of the use from your haste gems.

I don't know if haste gemming is encouraged nowdays, so I say nothing about that. I have some doubts, but I need to check what's the todays BiS choise before making any judgements. My current understanding is that Spellpower and Intellect gemming would be the one recommended, but it might have changed during the last few patches and I just need to update my head.

Like to the shaman applicant who applied earlier, I recommend also for you a site called Elitist Jerks (elitistjerks.com). Some serious theorycrafters have counted there very valuable information about gemming, choosing talents and enchants etc. for every class and spec. They've done the job for us, so all we have to do is read and follow. The quides get updated pretty fast even when new patches come.
I think you should check the site if you have time, and you might learn something new.

Anyways. Gems/enchants and spec can be always be redone if you're ready to work for it, so don't take too big stress about it. We're not HC raiding guild, but we like to help eachother to improve and see our members improving, and we're giving room for the learning progress with the class you're playing. So we're not looking 100% perfect builds and gears, even when we give big value to the effort and knowledge our applicants have.

If you allow me to be honest, the experience I've had about you in the few raids I've been in with you is the thing I'm mostly worried about. It's not that you'd lack skills in healing, but you lack in patience and mature behaving.
I know you're young and have lots of energy in you unlike us old farts, but I still like to raid with patient, mature players who can respect their raidleader. It doesn't nessecarily have anything to do with your age. There's also young players who can be good, patient raiders and able to create pleasant raiding enviroment, and theres the certain old farts who are damn annoying and childish even when you'd think they should be mature because they're so old. I've played with both.
I don't know if you have noticed these things in your behaviour in raids. For example all the restless spacebar raping (loljumpingaround) and repeating "gogogogo" in /raid if someone is afk or discussing with raidleader isn't very pleasant in the long run. If you're doing this when tactics are being discussed, for me this is a sign you don't bother to listen and concentrate. It gives the impression you just want your epax/emblems/achievement and gtfo, with as less effort as possible, as fast as possible, selfish or not.
Disobeying the raid leader has gone sometimes bit over the limit too with you. Questioning isn't bad if you have good reason for it. For example if you know the encounter well, and you can give another ideas or solutions for the next fight. Doing it for lolz without any deeper tought or not accepting/listening the explanation given "why we've choosed to use this tactic", is again very tiring.
Also the "giveallepaxformenow!" attitude is something I can't stand, even when it's meant to be a joke. It's something that repeats again and again in pugs and even guild runs, and after few years raiding it has lost its humour value long time ago (one thing I love in pvp, there's no damn boss loots to QQ about). We all want to improve our gear asap, but raiding is team work and we should be happy every time when there's a drop that Someone in the run can use, even when the gods of rolling dices and mother of epgp isn't on our side everytime. If someone in raids get upgrade, it gives one step more for easier fights for Whole Raid.

I don't actually KNOW you so I'm not saying you're unpleasant person or that I don't like you. I'm just partly questioning your ability to concetrate especially in progression raids, take and follow the orders given and keep up the nice raiding atmosphere the guild already has. I don't know if you're always like that since I haven't played with you much, but this is the first impression I've got.

Anyways. Good luck with your application and sorry about the text wall. I hope you had interest to read it trough.

/salute

2009 Oct 27 (Tue) 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
In addition to the other comments (I think Naruskha has pretty well addressed my concerns regarding enchantments and the like), I'm a little bothered by the lack of a crafting profession. It's not a huge problem, but it's always nice for an applicant to bring something to the guild at large, outside of raids. Even something like Engineering can be occasionally useful. Would you consider, or do you have any plans to, level a crafting profession to 450?

And as the others have noted, the RP section is not optional. Please complete it.

2009 Oct 27 (Tue) 7:08 pm

Obviously you're here for the awesome PvE, but this being an RP realm, and us lot being total nerds, indulge us: end your application with a short biography, in-character note to the officers, or other story or statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.

Hello, Well i was born on the 28th Auguest 1993 I'm a fun out going person i love talking to people and meeting new people, I dont RP But i'll play along for other people for there enjoyment,I'm a mature person and like to have a laugh thats all really :).

I dont really know how you can say cheap enchants tbh what enchant is cheap on my gear? out of intrest

2009 Oct 29 (Thu) 4:34 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Karl,

It's sort of odd that the custom has formed of demanding that people apply to guilds, and that they are judged often on the quality of their writing when I wouldn't necessarily say that the ability to be creative or come up with compelling prose is really at all relevant to tank healing. But I think guilds do it because it's as close as we can come to getting a feel for how you think and deal with demands and challenges; an imperfect mechanism, sure, but, to coin a phrase, the worst way of judging applicants except for all the others.

Regardless of the merit or demerit of your gems, enchants, and spec, I'm afraid we have no choice but to decline an application you've repeatedly refused to complete. Having had you raid with us before, I'm also not convinced you'd be a good fit in the guild socially. I hope you find a guild out there that's a better fit.

2009 Oct 29 (Thu) 4:41 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]