NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 27 (Sat) 4:10 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
Withdrawn — Emothymius - Ret Paladin - Joined Application 

Post Withdrawn — Emothymius - Ret Paladin - Joined Application
NAME: Emothymius (for some reason some people think this has something to do with being Emo..? This is certainly not the case, however I have no problem with being refered to as Emo, since Emothymius for some is a bit long.)
Race/Class: Blood Elf Paladin
Main Spec: Retribution
Primary Professions: Inscription and Herbalism (leveling herbalism on my alt at the moment to get a profession free on this character).
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... Emothymius (Sometimes it bugs, I believe it might be because of my recent transfer which I'll get back to. If it does bug, feel free to contact me in-game for an inspection.)
Fishing Skill: 450 same as cooking and First Aid

What's your name and where are you from? My name is Kristoffer and I am from Denmark.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. 18 4 + (22 why RPN?)

How long have you been playing WoW? (may also help explain strangely high fishing skills) I have been playing since the European release, though I haven't played on this character from the beginning.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. Phew I reckon this will be long, since I'm quite the "Altoholic". This is my main (ofcourse?) and has been since mid-TBC. This was actually one of my first characters and it was the first to increase in level such that an additional talent point is available 60 in the good old vanilla days. Since then I retired him because of my friend rerolling on another server (this was before the server-change possibility). Well, to make it short I have 9 characters above lvl 60 where as most of them are 70+ (yes as I said, I am an altoholic). Currently my only alt is a 80 disc priest (which I really don't play that much other than the random heroic once in a while).

What's your guild history? Are you in a guild right now? Are you leaving that guild because of some drama you caused? Cause one thing we really don't want is drama... No, you say? Then why are you leaving? Nope, I am not in a guild as of this moment, since I recently server-changed and have yet to find a guild of a certain standard which actually are in need of a retri paladin (*sigh* at all the kiddos wanna play fotm, I hate it.. hehe.) There are several reasons why I changed server, first of all my old server was nearly dead when it comes to RP (I like RP), secondly my old guild disbanded because the officers left for AION and lastly because of my friend rerolling mage to start of fresh.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. Unfortuantely I haven't been on this server long enough to know any of your members (not that I know of anyway), so I won't have anyone to vouch for me.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? My primary role is (ofcourse) to deal damage at a certain level. I have a rotation to stick to, but this doesn't mean that I can blindly look at my cooldowns for when I need to mash the next button. I need to be aware of everything in my surroundings, beeing a tank needing a quick Lay on Hands, a player needing a dispel or one of my many support abilities such as I.E. Hand of Salvation if their threat level is too high. Ofcourse I need to be aware of my own positioning towards the boss, some encounter specific trigger-ability and towards the rest of the raid. How to judge my job? Well let beside the support abilites which really cannot be measured (though I would know and feel good if I saved a fellow raider because of these) I can measure my performance by looking at my damage done that fight (not my dps.. what matters is how much damage I actually did). I should not compare with other players but only with myself and my former performances. I should know by that how well I did according to former tries.

What's your PvE experience like? Vanilla: Everything except Naxx. TBC: Everything up till and incl. TK (was my alt period). WotLK: I have done everything up till and including ulduar (downed yogg not algalon 10 man) my previous guild were near a disband shortly after ulduar was released so I havent been doing 25man a lot. I haven't been able to get into a pug onyxia nor a pug toc as of yet (damn those retri fotm rerollers :P) and since I havent earned the achievement it is even harder to get a pug. I do know the tactics however.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. Well there aren't really anything to say here.. This is the cookie-cutter build for a retri before 3.3. so untill then this is unquestionably the best PVE-raiding spec for retri's.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game? Elitistjerks.com

Obviously you're here for the awesome PvE, but this being an RP realm, and us lot being total nerds, indulge us: end your application with a short biography, in-character note to the officers, or other story or statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional. This will be at the end of the application due to it's lenght. :)

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.

I wan't you to consider this application as a joined application from me and my friend (who will be posting his app soonish (as in I am punking him to do it asap)). My friend and I have always played together and always will. So if you feel that you need to turn one (or both) of us down, the other one will have to withdraw his application. I know that you normally make a joined application as one application, but due to the rp part and due to the fact that I think you will get a better impression of each of us if we do it like this, we have decided to make individual applications. Oh and my friend is a mage named Cîîn.

Another topic I would like to bring up is my gear. My gear isnt the best however it is a mix of 213, 219, 226 and 232 (not quite sure if I have any 245). I know my class very very well and I know how to play it (I tend to out dps many better-geared paladins, especially the fotm ones). My intentions are good and I have (I believe anyway) the right spirit and attitude towards raiding. I always say that gear can change, personality cannot. It is for you to judge ofcourse.
A last statement about my gear.. You are probably wondering why I haven't grabbed the Edge of Ruin from Toc5 hc (since it's better than my current one), but to honest I have done that (excuse me) freaking instance almost every day since it's release and I have never even SEEN it drop.. I don't know that is going on, but that instance hates me, and to be honest I am starting to hate it aswell hehe.. And in accordance to my gems, I am currently replacing my blue gems with epics.. It is in progress as you can see.

The last thing I want to say before you get my rp part is that my off-spec is protection (I have almost as good prot gear as ret gear), so if you decide to turn down my application as ret, I would be willing to re-mainspec protection if you are in need of a new tank. I haven't raided as much as prot as I have ret, but as I said, I have great knowledge about paladins and that means knowledge about every spec. (My holy gear is reasonable aswell ;).) Right now I am dual specced retri pve/ retri pvp because I am not in a guild and like to do the random BG once in a while.

And now for the RP part. I decided to give you one of Emothymius' earliest memories. If this isn't sufficient please let me know. :)

I remember that night clearly.. My brother and I had gone to bed, but it was so cold that we had to share one bed just to keep warm.
I couldn't sleep, a lot had been going on that day. My father had just lost his job, and I now know that what was about to happen happened because my father thought we were going to starve.
I clearly remember the small crack in the door between the living room and the bedroom. I could see through it from my bed, the light shone in as a beacon. That night I could see my mother, and she was crying.
I knew why, and I knew that the future would be rough. I couldn't help to sheath a tear, even now when I think back I have a hard time not crying.
We had gone to bed without dinner that evening, my stomach was empty and I was very hungry, I would soon find out that this would have consequences in the form of life and death.
My father had gone to the local tavern to see if he could arrange any kind of part time job for me, my brother or himself. He was a good man, but even good men can become monsters when consuming alcohol.
Suddenly I heard a loud noise, it was my father returning from the tavern, he was clearly drunk and were babbling words that didn't make sense. My mother shushed him and said that we had gone to bed. I couldn't see him, only her.
It went quiet for a few minutes and I think he had left the house again, until I suddenly heard the door open. I heard my mother talk loudly, but when I peeped through the crack in the door, I couldn't see anything.
But suddenly I saw my mother fall to the ground, I was scared. After a few moments of silence my father open the bedroom door.
It was dark in the room and it was clear that his eyes had to adapt to the light before he realized my brother and I were in the same bed. He walked to our bed and I realized what he had in his right hand.
We had stolen some wood earlier that day from one of our neighbours forest, we had used that exact same axe. He highered the axe above his head as if he was about to chop some wood. But when he looked at me, he realized that I was awake and that I was staring right at him. He cried out loud, dropped the axe to the ground and ran out the door. My brother had woken as well and we got up. The front door was open.
Our mother were lying on the floor bleeding.. But she was still alive.. She whispered something, I couldn't hear what.. I knew I had to get help fast if she was going to survive.
When we went to the front door I could see my father lying on the ground as well.. Lifeless.. I ran as fast as I could, but I was weak. My skinny body couldn't cope with the pace and I had lost all strength due to hunger.
The only thing that kept me running was the image of my mother lying there on the floor in desperate need of help. I later found out that my brother and I hadn't been orphans if it wasn't because of me.. My mother could have survived.
But I fainted.
I never stopped blaming myself.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my application, please feel free to contact me in-game or here if you have any questions.

2009 Nov 05 (Thu) 4:33 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Post Re: Emothymius - Ret Paladin - Joined Application
Emothymius wrote:
18 4 +

PRAISE JESUS SOMEONE DID IT RIGHT. SEE, ALL OTHER APPLICANTS EVER? HOW HARD WAS THAT?

Anyway. Thank you for a very nice application which we will consider promptly. A few questions:

Right now, guild raids are ten-mans, and we don't lack DPS. Our loot rules provide compensation to people we have to put on standby, but in general how do you feel about not getting to attend every raid? We're currently in the exploratory stages of possibly moving to 25-mans also, but for the forseeable future you may have to sit out as often as half the time. Discuss.

While we wait for the transfer to show up in the armory, could you use the Wowhead talent calculator to recreate your talent spec and link it here?

Do you have a microphone and are you comfortable talking on Vent during raids?

2009 Nov 05 (Thu) 4:48 pm
Former Member

Very nice to see an application with effort. I also loved the RP part, wich most of the applicants sadly ignore or write something just because we recommend it.
The armory is indeed bugging, but I know nothing about dpasadin to be honest, so I can't say much about spec or gear anyways. I posses a lev80 protadin myself, but haven't done much theory crafting with it, or played anything else than prot so my knowledge even in prot is very thin.

Anyways. Good luck with your application.

2009 Nov 05 (Thu) 5:28 pm
Profile WWW

After having discussed this with my friend, I am sorry to say that I will withdraw my application.
I did not know that you are a 10man only guild, but that is of course my mistake. :)
My friend and I like to raid together and with your "filled" DPS roles, we don't see it happening that we will be raiding together regularly. Which for us is important.

I do wish you the very best of luck with your future progression, and I hope that there will be no hard feelings. :)

Best regards,
Emothymius.

2009 Nov 05 (Thu) 7:21 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Kristoffer,

No problem: better to make everything clear at this stage than for you to be disappointed when you join. Let us know if you change your mind down the road.

2009 Nov 05 (Thu) 7:31 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]