NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 10 (Fri) 10:30 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Accepted — Application Mongomed 

Post Accepted — Application Mongomed
NAME: Mongomed
Race/Class: Troll Shaman
Main Spec: Restoration
Primary Professions: Skinning and LW
Armory Link:http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Defias+Brotherhood&n=Mongomed
Fishing Skill: 75

What's your name and where are you from?
Name: Marius Erlandsen

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.

How long have you been playing WoW? (may also help explain strangely high fishing skills) 3 Months after release in.. 2005? Been 3 breaks or so on 3 - months.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. This is my main. Been playing on this since the start. Almost 70 days played. Got a 80 rogue but it is nothing serious,

What's your guild history? Are you in a guild right now? Are you leaving that guild because of some drama you caused? Cause one thing we really don't want is drama... No, you say? Then why are you leaving? Right now im in a friend guild. Just a couple of us in "Tavern of the Grim Ogre" No drama of leaving there :P. They are still at my friends list. Pre TBC i played in a serious nordic guild and we downed MC, ZG and like that. Didnt play this char so much in TBC because my friends moved to another realm.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. Dont know anyone in Path.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? Im healing and has almost been that for 4 years now. Enjoying to feel "important" in raids. A good job for me is to never make anyone in raid get heartake for low hp.

What's your PvE experience like?
Playing all pre tbc. 40 man raids and 25. Never been really in the end game. But i was close pre tbc. Done the pretty much of the PvE in wotlk, Totc 10, 25. ony etc.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. I did watch some guys spec in game for "must have" points. But concluding the spec i have right now is some of the best for raid-healing.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game? Just googliing around :)

Obviously you're here for the awesome PvE, but this being an RP realm, and us lot being total nerds, indulge us: end your application with a short biography, in-character note to the officers, or other story or statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional. My shaman is a troll who has always lived with his family. Growing up with a healing and strong family makes his heals just a little better, always.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application. If you check out my gear. You would see my pvp items, they will be replaced asap. I went pvp for a short time but i got tired of it and wanted to come back to pve.
And the starting pve healing items is not better at all.
My head you can see is very crappy, but i got a Trophy of the Crusade, and im 30 badges away from this sickest helmet. Will get the badges in 1 or 2 weeks. Ty for reading my app.

- Mongo

2009 Nov 06 (Fri) 1:21 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Post Re: Application Mongomed
First off, just a little bit more effort into the RP section would be nice; we understand that not everyone RPs all the time on Defias Brotherhood, but something substantive is required on your application.

I'd also like to recommend a little bit more in-depth research on your class and role. In harder raids like TotGC 10, a little bit of insight can go a long way, especially if things go south. On top of that, I see your gear could use a little work; nothing major, but you could add a socket to your belt, upgrade a few of your gems and enchantments, and possibly replace some of your lower-ilevel items. What are your immediate plans/goals for new gear? Are you still running heroics for Emblem of Conquest gear?

Also, if you run a meter like Recount when raiding, what's your healing-per-second like? I know meters can be inaccurate; they are rough guides at best, but give me a general figure here. Additionally, what do you see as your role in raiding--a tank healer, or a raid healer? If you were called upon to do one or the other, how would your strategy differ for each role?

2009 Nov 06 (Fri) 6:09 am

Ty for reading my post.

I'm sorry, but im not a RP guy. Merged to this server because of my friends. Hope this is not a auto-decline.

Im not running hc's as much because they are very boring as a healer. Earth shield and it's an auto-win. Expect Totc hc of course. Im playing with a healing druid friend and we have created lots of voa 10 and ony 10. We are skyping and we are playing with just 2 healers in these raid. I heal tanks and he goes raid. We have very good communication and it goes always well. I feel very safe healing tanks. Im running Daily hc for my head and some hc'es when im bored. I always start a new week (wednesday reset) with trying to do Ony 25/10, Voa 10/25, Totc 10 and 25. I desperatly looking for new gear. The pvp items i could resocket but i dont want to spend to much money on them. Because i have already replaced pretty much with hurry and im not going the hardest raids as an unguilded character. So im waiting for the pve items to pop up before i socket and enchant. About the belt - im getting the qonquest belt soon. Probably the last thing i need from qonquest.

Thanks

- Mongomed

2009 Nov 06 (Fri) 11:49 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Mongomed wrote:
Im not running hc's as much because they are very boring as a healer

Mongomed wrote:
I desperatly looking for new gear.

I'm very worried that you don't see the contradiction here. You're wearing a Naxx 10 head that you could replace after a long weekend's worth of heroics, and a ring and a belt that can be upgraded from Conquest emblems very quickly. I understand that you have a trophy and are just waiting to get enough Triumph emblems, but in this guild, 1-2 weeks is 3-6 raids and dozens of boss fights, and the difference between getting a 226 helm to tide you over and just tolerating the 200 helm could be millions of points of healing and hundreds of gold in repair costs from close-call wipes. If you want your application to a guild to be taken seriously, it helps to demonstrate that you've got the best gear you can have from the situation you're in. I'm glad that you are aware of the deficiencies, and we'll be watching to see that you correct them.

There's no problem with not wanting to invest in BiS enchants for items whose iLevel is really deficient: 13 spell power is not worth 600g on an i219 weapon, and I understand that. But I have some concrete questions:

-- What flask do you prefer in raids?

-- For each of the fights in TotC 10 normal, what moment would you choose to pop BL?

-- Also, Ekhan asked about your usual ballpark HPS and for you to talk about the differences between tank healing and raid healing, both of which you might be called on to do as a healer in this guild. An answer here would be nice.

2009 Nov 06 (Fri) 3:49 pm

Totc 10 Bl: Acidmaw, get him down fast cause of poisen and heavy raid damage. The other bosses i dont remember because the times i went totc 10/25 other experienced shamans did it.

Im not sure right now what my healing per second because havent raided today or yesterday. But my halfway answer was i can heal ony 10 and voa 10 with 2 healers.
Saved with almost everything at my level. Im a frostwyrm flask guy because it takes very long time to drain my mana completely and i got decent mp5. Yes, i need desparetely to replace my pvp and 200 Itemlevel gear. Im spamming heroics as we speek.

2009 Nov 06 (Fri) 5:14 pm
Former Member

Ekhan and Thórva have given pretty good points so I'm not repeating everything what they've said.

Your (resto) spec is ok and you'r gylphs are choosen right. There's some talents to choose from, wich makes few different variations to be acceptable depending are you aiming to tank or raid healing. Your choise isn't actually wrong, tho I'd personally change Healing Focus to Healing Way, especially if you're into tank haling, since push back isn't major problem in raids like it's in pvp.

What makes me most curious about:
1) Your reputation with Sons of Hodir. If you don't have inscription as profession, SoH offers you best shoulder enchant in game. Pvp enchants aren't actually accepted at 226+ item level. If you'd be fresh 80 still gearing and getting rep, Wintergrasp enchant would be good temporary solution. I see you're still hated with SoH, wich means you haven't even completed the quest line to start to do dailies with them. Do you have any plans to correct the situation?
2) Gemming. I'd like to hear reasons behind the desicions you've made with the gems. Your meta is the perfect choise, but I'm curious about the regular gems.
Some also consider the Kirin Tor head enchant better than one you're wearing now, mp5 gives more HEP than crit, but 10x mp5 versus 20x crit gives more HEP in total. I know theory crafting is hard, and I know there's active raiders in guild who need to still learn to count the value of their stats when deciding if some piece is upgrade or not.
3) You're not roleplayer, and you said you've come to the server because of you'r friends. That's (sadly) very common, but it's not auto-decline. Tho I'd like you to tell us what kind of use of /s and /y "channels" are good and bad use from your opinion. Everyone in Luminous Path aren't active roleplayers, but we demand our members to follow the additional rules of roleplaying realm.

Good luck with your application!
/salute

2009 Nov 06 (Fri) 5:20 pm
Profile WWW

The raid heal for me is to chain heal the lowest. And if i some heavy drop in hp i use riptide and chain heal. The bosses is ES and riptide all the time. Riptide on both tanks all the time.

I got the bad helmet because i was hoping for ony 10/25 helmet which is better then qonquest. It's not that hard to get a good helm from ony but i have had very bad luck lately. Ecpecially in Ony.

2009 Nov 06 (Fri) 5:22 pm

Im fully aware of sons of hodir rep. Will get there asap. Just getting geared before the sickest enchant.

Im trying to make my gems from the colors. The best colorgems im always looking for. Trying to get Intellect who is good for my spec. As well as a combination to mp5 and spellpower. In the endgame ive heard haste is good as well. /s and /y is okey for me. Not a problem at all. Still not my favorite choice.

2009 Nov 06 (Fri) 5:32 pm
Former Member

I'd recommend you to check site called elitistjerks.com
There's a very good quide about how to gear, gem and spec a resto shaman. It includes a very simple chart how to count your HEP, the chart gives HEP value for every vital healing stat that healers need to watch for. If you check the site you'll learn that aiming to socket bonuses don't give you always the best result. Odd that blizzard has made it this way, but that's not the only odd thing they've done.
The site also might give you shocking truth about "value" of intellect in shaman healing. For example for paladins it has totally different value than for shaman.
I'm not giving all straight answers to you in here, but check the site. I'm sure you find it useful if you have any interest of really learning about your class :)

2009 Nov 06 (Fri) 6:19 pm
Profile WWW

Thank you - will use this site as my homepage :)

2009 Nov 06 (Fri) 7:49 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next