NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 09 (Thu) 10:54 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
Accepted — App. Vileplume 
Former Member

Post Accepted — App. Vileplume
NAME: Vileplume
Race/Class: Tauren, Druid
Main Spec: Restoration
Primary Professions: Alchemy and herbalism. (Both maxed.)
Armory Link: http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=eu.defias-brotherhood.vileplume
Fishing Skill: 450

What's your name and where are you from?<
Håkon Andreassen, Norway.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
2 3 6 + *
2 9 *

How long have you been playing WoW? (may also help explain strangely high fishing skills)
I've been playing WoW since release, and the first character I ever made was a gnome. I know.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
Vileplume has been my main since somewhere around the Black Temple patch in TBC. Before that in classic WoW, I raided as a frost mage and prot warrior. When TBC came I levled them both up and realized I hate PvE servers. Made a shaman at Tarren Mill and gamed like a crazy barstool untill I got tired and made a hunter. Then I quit WoW and was all mighty high about being able to quit just like that, but a few months later I was back in action, and a druid this time!
So I played kinda casual, did pug's in kara/gruul/ZA/mag alot.
Now I got a this char and Kobato, death knight frost dps. I prioritize Vileplume since I love her so much, but I also try to gear up Kobato when I got time.

What's your guild history? Are you in a guild right now? Are you leaving that guild because of some drama you caused? Cause one thing we really don't want is drama... No, you say? Then why are you leaving?
I'm not in a guild at the moment. Haven't been in anything serious since I transferred from Tarren Mill, unless you count Shattered. Was in the guild for two days after I did a Ulduar10 with them, I was online for about 2 hours while in the guild though. Anywho, Hersii was the guild leader and he had a retarded tactic when I joined them for Ony25. The second I was done healing that hellhole I left quietly.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
I know Mongomed, he recently joined though. But I used to make raids with him to Ony/VoA and such, and now you guys stole precious quality raid time with my friend!

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
As a player, I'm the raid healer. I throw them heals and hots all over the place and provide the rogues with some extra energy! (See talents) As for me, myself, as a person. I like to be quiet, do what I must, and throw in some humorous comments.
How I judge myself, now that's a tricky question right there. I always love to see myself at the top on healing done and least overhealing done. Sounds like I got a huge ego doesn't it. But when I know for myself I did everything right when it comes to tactics, while I also managed to keep people alive (except that damn rogue that was too busy with his rotation to move away from a damn fire and I gotta waste precious time locating the corpse and throw a combat ress.)
Then, I know I did my job. And I did it good.

What's your PvE experience like?
Everything up to and including TotC25. Except the few last bosses in Ulduar.
Also, I have done a few attempts on different bosses in TotGC10/25.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
I went for everything to support healing and healing only, not those pvp based survival talents.
But I kept away from the talents around healing touch, since I mainly raid heal. Also, since I use hots alot, I spent my remaining talents after I was done with the restoration tree on balance talents, there are a few talents which boost my healing over time, the duration of the spells and reduced mana cost. How convenient, thanks Blizzard!

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
Wowhead forum stickies mainly, sometimes I just google around and find blogs and über sites where they theorycraft the living sh** out of everything.

Obviously you're here for the awesome PvE, but this being an RP realm, and us lot being total nerds, indulge us: end your application with a short biography, in-character note to the officers, or other story or statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.
I'm not a very good roleplayer, but heres a poem about me when I go cat dps.

I can see what you see not—
Vision milky, then eyes rot.
When you turn, they will be gone,
Whispering their hidden song.

Then you see what cannot be—
Shadows move where light should be.
Out of darkness, out of mind,
Cast down into the hands of the Vile.

Should give a sligth indication about my wickedsick behavior as a dps. (Even though I apply as a healer, I know.)

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
I communicate very well with Mongomed as we both are healers. And I apologize if you find it disrespectfull of me to ignore the fact that you are not looking for a druid atm, but I took the chance.

- Vile

2009 Nov 12 (Thu) 7:49 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Post Re: App. Vileplume
Right. This is a very good application. I appreciate also your wondrous command of Reverse Polish Notation, and all the other information is very encouraging.

However: http://tinyurl.com/ycxq3vb

Do you wanna try the RP section again, maybe? All we want are a few lines about your character, where he's from, what he's like, why he became a druid, maybe what his name means, etc etc.

2009 Nov 12 (Thu) 8:57 pm
Former Member

Hey and thanks for your application. Imho one more healer wouldn't hurt since all of our healers aren't 100% active.

Your gear seems fine. About spec and gemming I can't say much since I've never played druid in serious matter, and never ever tried resto.
Tho one question I have is about your Sons of Hodir reputation. How you're planning to work with that? Pvp enchant on 232 item level shoulders isn't kind of acceptable anymore. I'd understand that on fresh character who is still gearing up and getting rep.

Good luck with your application.
/salute

2009 Nov 12 (Thu) 9:53 pm
Profile WWW
Former Member

When it comes to HoS; I just got revered on my dk, and I've started to work on it on this char instead now. Gotten to honored, gonna start doing the dailies now. And next patch will increase rep gained from each quest so it will go even quicker if I'm not exalted by then, and the daily dungeon rep emblem always goes to SoH.

Anywho, as for Vileplume as a character.

A thriving druid, was discovered alone as a mere child at the end of the third war. Raised at the Orgrimmar orphanry, she discovered her control of nature at an early age.
In her early teens she was sent with a goblin caravan to Blood Hoof village to learn to control her powers, she had caused enough trouble as it was in the orphanage.
Her mentor, Gennia Runetotem acted as a mother figure, and named her trainee Vileplume, vile as her past and as cute and innocent as a cloud plume.
As her training went on, she would soon hear from the Cenarion Circle, and her adventure to protect and fight for the Horde as well as representing the Cenarion Circle begun.

She is now known as Vileplume, Guardian of Cenarius. Known for participating in many epic, if not legendary battles across the realms, a true representive of the still rising Horde.

(And just as a sidenote, I am elixir master and actually farm herbs while waiting on raids and groups at a daily basis, if you need a flask just call me, aight?)

- Vile

2009 Nov 12 (Thu) 11:32 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Accepted for trial. Please whisper Thórva, Ekhan, or Zalmoxis for a /ginvite.

Also note that one of the things we'll be looking at during your trial period is your dedication to min-maxing, especially where it's easy and soloable. Get rid of those blue gems and replace that cheapo enchant on your two-hander. In Grand Crusader, every single stat point counts.

2009 Nov 13 (Fri) 2:32 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]