NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 10 (Fri) 11:44 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Accepted -- Lortex son of Lortharion ( Retribution Paladin ) 
Former Member

Class: Warrior
Post Accepted -- Lortex son of Lortharion ( Retribution Paladin )
NAME: Lortex
Race/Class: Blood elf Paladin
Main Spec: Retribution
Primary Professions: Engineering / Mining
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... d&n=Lortex
Fishing Skill: 450
What's your name and where are you from? My name is Peter Andersson.
I live in a city called Borås in sweden.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. I have to admit it, I wont put my brain through such torture, ever. Had enough trouble with my last year in school with math, hey atleast I admit it! Anyway, I'm born 1989-05-20, Wich makes me 20 years old.

How long have you been playing WoW? (may also help explain strangely high fishing skills) Since the release in europe. Wich was 11 feb 2005, If I remember correctly.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. Lortex is my only serious character I got, I Made lortex shortly before TBC release, Been playing on him ever since, I have a few alts, but nothing serious, mostly for professions.
I basicly put all my time on Lortex, so if i'm not online, I'm not at home!

What's your guild history? Are you in a guild right now? Are you leaving that guild because of some drama you caused? Cause one thing we really don't want is drama... No, you say? Then why are you leaving? Allright, I factions transfered to the horde just about a week ago, Joined iicnenance, wich is a pure alt guild for my friends, So it is bascly just a standby place.
On alliance side though, I was first in the guild The grey Templars, Raided through TBC and stuff, But the guild disbanded shortly after Wotlk release, Then I formed the guild Northstar, with one of my buddies, It was badass! We got 8 other buddies to start play again, And it was perfect for the ulduar release, we basicly facerolled the place, no problems at all, So far, the best guild I've been in. But then, I guess most things do come to and end, People's in real life started to get nasty, so basicly 7 people left the game, and northstar disbanded, And when I thought all hope was out, I manage to join Redrum inc, Hardcore raiding guild, I was with them for a few weeks, But found out. That super hardcore style is nothing for me, I couldnt keep up with raids like 6 days/week. So I told them the problem, And left. And shortly after that, I transfered to the hordes, And here I stand now, Before you folks. Wich seems to be the most decent guild i've ran into so far. Hence my application!

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. Well, I aint really sure but I've talked quite alot with Vyldori, Your priest. I ran into him just outside diremaul, and we began to chat, I found him being a very decent ant nice guy, so I figured that, probably the whole guild is the same. And that is what I kinda look for, A decent place, With decent folk, with decent raids.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? Well, I guess my role in raids would be to dps, Since that what I love to do the most, I got fully prot tanking gear if needed at some point. And full pvp healing gear. Anyway, My role would be to dps, And at the same time keep an eye out if it get nasty, and probably use shields, and insta flash lights on folks, And of course. Keeps the buffs rolling on people.

What's your PvE experience like? Molten core, Onyxia, Bwl, Zg, AQ 20, AQ 40, Karahzan, Gruul's lair, Magtheridons lair, Zul'aman, Mount H, Naxxramas, The obsidian sanctum, Eye of eternity, Ulduar, Trial of the crusade.
Thats all of them, I named them in the order I made them kinda, Might of messed up at some point.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. Well, I dont have much to say here really, I just love the specc, Giving the raid Haste, Damage and more crit against mobs. Vindication works on most bosses i've ran into, always handy for us.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game? Uh, If there is something I really need to know, I simply go to http://www.google.com and if not that, I check out the http://www.wow-europe.com/forums and see if I find it there, And if I dont, I just learn it myself in one way or another.

Obviously you're here for the awesome PvE, but this being an RP realm, and us lot being total nerds, indulge us: end your application with a short biography, in-character note to the officers, or other story or statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.
Well, I'd love to tell you my story, But due to me faction change, I cant keep my old one at all. I'm currently working one a new epic one. However, Lortex aint just Lortex. He is son of Lortharion, Wich makes him Lortex son of Lortharion.
Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application. Ah, Well I dont think there is anything else really, Expect that I might be rather unavaible during some weekends, spending some quality time with my Girlfriend, she play World of Warcraft aswell, but some weekends we find that we love to do something else, Hah.

That should be all, Farewell till we meet again, Peace be with you and may the forces of evil become confused on its way to your house!

2009 Nov 24 (Tue) 11:01 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Post Re: Lortex son of Lortharion ( Retribution Paladin )
I shall begin with a statement, and then some questions.

The statement is that we can't consider your application until you submit an RP section, so please do that as soon as possible. But you seem to know that.

I have three questions:

• What sort of DPS do you do? Rather than reporting a number and just taking your word for it, I'd like you to go bang on a Level ?? target dummy for about 4-5 minutes self-buffed (BoM or BoK but no consumables) and send me a log file or a screenshot of the meter (thorva at christopherschuller dot com).

• Our main progress raiding night is Sunday, and our important gear farming night is Thursday. Will you be able to come raid at least 2/3 of those nights over the course of a month?

• And finally, Paladin to Paladin, your opinion on something: what separates a good raiding Retadin from a truly great raiding Retadin other than just raw numbers?

2009 Nov 24 (Tue) 11:46 pm
Former Member

Greetings once again, A fine morning, isnt it?
Anyway, About that RP-Section, I will start to work with a new one, once I get some tasty food.
The answers to your questions is just down here.

I'll send you a screenshot on my dps later today, When the realm comes up.
About the raid times, that shouldnt be a problem at all. As for now, I'm sitting at home, With nothing to do sadly. No work or such things " cry ".

Oh, And that Paladin to Paladin, I belive that the difference is that, A great raiding Retribution Paladin, He got an clue of whats going on around him, And not just focusing on his dps. But also help out the raid on more fronts.
For example, When my exorcism is on cooldown, I throw away flash of light on my fellow raid members, unless they are miles away and I can reach them, But I throw away instant flash of light on people who seems to need them, Of course, The healers opinions splits, hehe. I've had many healers that like what i'm doing, and thanks me for doing everything I can, But then there are the other ones " Stop doing that, I can handle this! " You know the type, Mr self important folks.
Other than that, I belive it is about how they use Hand of sacrifice or Divine Sacrifice, Those is more than handy when it comes down to it.
For example, if I see someone very important person near death, And I see that the dps is more than fine, No enrage will happen if I do this. I usually bubble, and put hand of sacrifice on the target. I've been workin on a specc wich would give me Divine sacrifice, wich would be very handy at time like these.

As I said, The rp section should come up soon enough!

2009 Nov 25 (Wed) 8:42 am
Former Member

Here is the rp section I promised you. It is basicly some information about Lortex, and how he is as a person. It is nothing great really, As I had to make up a complete new character than the one I had before. I dont RP around that much either, happens a few times, but not to often.

Lortex son of Loratharion, He is the quiet but the strong one, He never speak much, but he have alot of thoughs, and when its time for discussion, he gladly take a part of it.
His belief is to purge azeorth and all other continets from evil.

He became a Paladin in young age, about 19 years old, He fought along side his father Lortharion in many battles, But Lortex could never match his fathers skill, But that might be answered by their age differnces, Lortharion was 138 years old, while Lortex is 61, Lortharion had far more knowledge than his son Lortex.
For now, Lortharion lives in Silvermoon city, He aint doing any more battles, Instead he trains young Paladins to follow the light.
Meanwhile Lortex, Battle on in northrend, Seeking only one goal, to defeat Arthas Menethil.

2009 Nov 25 (Wed) 10:25 am
Former Member

To bad there is no edit button anywhere? Or am I just blind?
Anyhow, I cant find any.
I just send you an email with two screenshots of my dps, I beat the crap out of the dummy for about 11 minutes.

2009 Nov 25 (Wed) 10:51 am
Officer (Retired)

A very interesting discussion about off-healing. I'm not sure how I feel about that, really; I don't think I've ever explicitly considered that Retlol might be popping off cute little Flashes of Light while I was standing in the back doing the real-man healing...

But this does raise an interesting point about your healing spells, specifically about another one: under what circumstances do you or would you cast Lay on Hands? And on whom?

2009 Nov 25 (Wed) 2:58 pm
Former Member

Good evening, Aye, I can see what you mean about the flash of lights, I mean. There is many people who question it, Understandable aswell. I've always find it handy to do.
And of course, Cleansing and the change of aura when needed to is handy.

Oh right, About lay on hands.
I often find my self using it either on a healer or a tank, I often throw and eye quickly on the Raid health bars to see what going on there. Me and my Buddy in northstar, saved countless of whipes due to lay on hands, most of them where on the tanks, it doesnt happen to much that a healer needs it, Then i often pop Hand of Protection, Usually gets the job done, if not, they will nicley recive my Lay on Hands.
But overall, I throw it of when it gets little extra nasty, Just a wild exampe, like in trial of crusade, if icehowl do manage to kill someone with his charge, and becomes enrage, and you dont have a hunter or a rogue to take it of, the tank might take some additional damage, and even more if it was a healer that died. But then, If I can see that my Lay on hands will make no difference at all, I simply save it to the next try.

Sorry if I made myseld unclaer at any point in thos post, Just woke up from my powernap, my head is a bit.. woohoo.

2009 Nov 25 (Wed) 3:36 pm
Officer (Retired)

This is certainly worthy of a trial period. Whisper Thórva, Zalmoxis, or Ekhan for a ginvite.

2009 Nov 25 (Wed) 6:41 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]