NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 10 (Fri) 5:52 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Accepted — Kobo of Thunder Bluff (Protection Warrior) 
Former Member

Post Accepted — Kobo of Thunder Bluff (Protection Warrior)
NAME: Kobo
Race/Class: Tauren Warrior
Main Spec: Protection
Primary Professions: Blacksmithing and Mining
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Keramita (I have recently transferred, was Keramita, Draenei Warrior so let me know when it have changed)
Fishing Skill: 90/150 (Not really a fan of fishing!)

What's your name and where are you from? Robert and I'm from England

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. I have no idea what is Reverse Polish Notation so I'm going to say I'm 21.

How long have you been playing WoW? (may also help explain strangely high fishing skills) I've been playing since December 2008

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. I play this character alot in the evenings and when I feel like it, I level my 62 Draenei Paladin, getting her ready to turn into Tauren Paladin.

What's your guild history? Are you in a guild right now? Are you leaving that guild because of some drama you caused? Cause one thing we really don't want is drama... No, you say? Then why are you leaving? Currently, I'm not in any guilds. I've joined alot of pretty good guilds and just quitted the last one due to disbanding over some silly arguments between the officers and leader.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. You'll know Gorganoth, Protection Paladin, we enjoy teasing each other about our gear and achievements. Its always good to have some friendly contest.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? I could be either off-tank or main tank. I'm not excellent with mobs but you'll find I'm extremely good with bosses.

What's your PvE experience like? So far, the best I've ever done is taking down the 1st 4 bosses in Uludar. This is mainly because the previous guilds have plenty of tanks and I really don't enjoy PuGs.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. I just really love the idea of protecting my team mates, taking the blow and using my giant shields, knowing that no harm will come to others. I have done so much research making sure that I have spent the talent points wisely and I like to think I have pretty decent talent tree.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game? Tankspots, WoW Wiki and MMO Champions.

Obviously you're here for the awesome PvE, but this being an RP realm, and us lot being total nerds, indulge us: end your application with a short biography, in-character note to the officers, or other story or statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional. Kobo is the proudest Tauren you could possibly meet. While everybody else retires to Orgrimmar after weary battles against the Scourges, Kobo usually find himself on quiet Thunder Bluff, watching the stars and the moon. Kobo have a desire to be Carine Bloodhoof's bodyguards so he trains heavily on the arts of protection warrior. Kobo is currently in Northend, learning the anicent skills of Taunka, hoping it'll improve his chances of being chosen by Bloodhoof himself.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application. I'll be unable to use vents due to being hearing impaired. But it comes with a advantage, I'm extremely aware of whats going on the screen, no distractions.

2009 Dec 08 (Tue) 11:46 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Post Re: Kobo of Thunder Bluff (Protection Warrior)
Hey Robert,

First of all, thank you for the application. I just want to say on behalf of the other officers that we definitely have seen it and it is under consideration; with patch day tomorrow, however, things might be a little hectic so don't panic if it takes us a few days to give you a firm yes or no. In the meantime, do try to answer any questions that get thrown at you here, as they help us out tremendously.

2009 Dec 09 (Wed) 12:53 am
Former Member

Thórva wrote:
Hey Robert,

First of all, thank you for the application. I just want to say on behalf of the other officers that we definitely have seen it and it is under consideration; with patch day tomorrow, however, things might be a little hectic so don't panic if it takes us a few days to give you a firm yes or no. In the meantime, do try to answer any questions that get thrown at you here, as they help us out tremendously.

I completely understand and I'm more than happy to answer any questions :)

2009 Dec 09 (Wed) 1:00 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hey there. As of right now, we have three tanks--Gorganoth, me, and our newest, Denathos--at least two of which have high raid attendance records. With that in mind, and the additional likelihood you'd be mostly called upon to do off-tanking (including adds, rather than bosses themselves), would you feel comfortable not always being allocated a spot in our raids? Furthermore, once the patch hits, we're looking forward to jumping headfirst into Icecrown Citadel. Do you have any specific plans to get ToC-level gear so that you could join us, or any specific goals in terms of gear?

2009 Dec 09 (Wed) 1:12 am
Former Member

Ekhan wrote:
Hey there. As of right now, we have three tanks--Gorganoth, me, and our newest, Denathos--at least two of which have high raid attendance records. With that in mind, and the additional likelihood you'd be mostly called upon to do off-tanking (including adds, rather than bosses themselves), would you feel comfortable not always being allocated a spot in our raids? Furthermore, once the patch hits, we're looking forward to jumping headfirst into Icecrown Citadel. Do you have any specific plans to get ToC-level gear so that you could join us, or any specific goals in terms of gear?

I'm happy to tank only if there is spot available, I just more than happy to have some company while I play. And yes, I do actually have a plan for 3.3. I'm going to farm the heroics like crazy in any time I got online so I'll buy two T9 gear with emblems then fill the rest with the new heroic instance drops. If I got it right, I should be able to at least do 25 ToC and ICC 10 within few weeks.

2009 Dec 09 (Wed) 1:20 am
Former Member

Kobo wrote:
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Keramita (I have recently transferred, was Keramita, Draenei Warrior so let me know when it have changed)

Refreshed: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... ood&n=Kobo

2009 Dec 09 (Wed) 1:22 pm
Officer (Retired)

Hey Kobo,

Poke me for a chat in-game the next time we're both online.

2009 Dec 12 (Sat) 5:30 pm
Officer (Retired)

Accepted for trial. Whisper Thórva, Zalmoxis, or Ekhan for a /ginvite.

2009 Dec 13 (Sun) 8:15 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]