NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 10 (Fri) 6:08 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
Accepted — Lovis, undead lady warlock 
Former Member

Post Accepted — Lovis, undead lady warlock
NAME: Lovís
Race/Class: Undead Warlock
Main Spec: Demonology
Primary Professions: Engineering and Mining, both 450
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... Lov%C3%ADs
Fishing Skill: 1, and no, I do not have that much /played on this character.

What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Max Lindmark, and I live in Gothenburg, Sweden.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
12 6 +

How long have you been playing WoW? (may also help explain strangely high fishing skills)
I've been playing since the release of Burning Crusade, although I took a major break after about a month in Wrath of the Lich King, due to school and simply lack of motivation.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
Yes, this is my main. When I decided to start playing WoW again, I bought a new account, which in other words means; I have not yet had the time to level an alt past lvl 22.

What's your guild history? Are you in a guild right now? Are you leaving that guild because of some drama you caused? Cause one thing we really don't want is drama... No, you say? Then why are you leaving?
This is the only guild I've been in on this realm. I am fairly new to both the guild and the server, but damn do I regret not rolling Defias Brotherhood the first thing I did. As for the drama part, we swedes are not known for our firey temperament.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
Nimoe is my sister, Zuuko is my brother and Kainé is practically familly too. I also have a few RL friends here, such as Nazthel and Goltur.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
My task in raids is to deal damage, and with my current spec, buff the raid with both health stones and Demonic Pact. I also prefer the feeling after a perfect boss fight, when you know you've done everything you should, and maybe something extra on top of that, than being on # 1 on damage meters.

What's your PvE experience like?
This section won't be long. Of the WotLK raids, I've only done Naxxramas, due to the break I had after the release. In BC I was in a raiding guild, and we did everything up to Tempest Keep and Serpentshrine Cavern, when it still was considered cool. That is about it. I usually don't have any problems learning an encounter though.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
Right, personally, I love affliction. But when I hit 80 and started doing heroics I got really frustrated over how bad affliction warlocks perform in heroics, or at least the trash. So I changed my spec from affliction/affliction to demonology/affliction, and so far, I like it. I will probably keep my demon spec after the patch, since we get an interesting buff, but I might as well swap back to affliction. At the moment, I don't have a perfect demonology spec. Normally, I don't have the 3 points in Suppression, but maxing Demonic Pact. This is just something I did before a pug-raid in order to get hit capped.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
I am a big forum geek, and I check for updates almost every day. Wow-europe/forum that is. I also visit elitistjerks sometimes, mostly for "numbers" and such.

Obviously you're here for the awesome PvE, but this being an RP realm, and us lot being total nerds, indulge us: end your application with a short biography, in-character note to the officers, or other story or statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.
As I was riding my bicycle to school one day, this “scene” popped in my head. This is an attempt to dress it in words, and indirectly, give you a picture of who Lovís is. Lovís has just been hit by a minor psychosis, due to remembering parts of her previous life, and in particular, death. She’s about to be handed an elixir, which more or less erases her memory, and consequently makes her forget the terrible things haunting her. Though, since it clears everything, even the good parts, some people are of the opinion that this is something terrible and effects ones personality badly. Bear in mind, I am in no way a writer, nor is English my native language.

“In the village of Deathknell, two guards named Philip and Oliver chatted outside - well let’s call it “a house where people who had suffered from unspeakable traumas could reside and recover”. This night, the inn had received a new guest- and she was quite the special case, which the guards soon were to find out...

- ‘Ello, Phil, you heard of the new arrival yet?
- Aye, she’s that John Ellesmere’s girl right?
- Yup, good man that John, wha’ a tragedy that family has been through.
- Right, and wha’ about her brother’s… shit’s givin’ me the creeps! No wonder she sits down there all crazed up singin’!
- I really hope the treatment will work this time, Deathguard Oliver said while kicking a small stone at a rat’s direction.

Suddenly, quiet like a little mouse, Lovís appeared in the doorway. She was all dressed in red, with a ruby red hat, and glanced upon the fields of Deathknell.

- Good evening gentlemen! What a lovely night isn’t it? So, what are you whispering about? Something fun?
- Nothing, nothing at all Miss Ellesmere. Isn’t that right Oliver?
- Yes, nothing. You should go back inside now miss, Doctor Fitzgerald is on his way.
- Doctor who? I have no business with him.
- According to our papers, you have. It’s for your own best ma’m.
- Let me tell you, Oliver was it? I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself, thank you, and have you forgotten who I am? I am the daughter of Lorelei and John Ellesmere, who’s great uncle was the-
- Yes, we know who you are. Look, Fitzgerald is coming, he said and nodded in his direction.

A tall, well-dressed man holding a strange bag in his hand walked up the hill towards the inn. The two guards straightened up, looked the Doctor in the eyes and greeted him.

- So you must be Lovís. I’ve heard about you. Out taking a walk are you Miss? he asked with a mordacious voice.
- Yes, as a matter of fact I am.
- Well come inside for a moment will you, I have some things to discuss with you.

“Fitzgerald, she’s with me.”

The voice came from a mysterious lady, who stood a few meters away. No one had noticed her arrival. She spoke in a low voice, but somehow it sounded clearer than anything.

- Lovís, you don’t know me yet, but you have to trust me. Can we go somewhere private? I have a proposal for you, she said, not once did she look at Fitzgerald.
- If it isn’t Kayla Smithe, he said and inspected her from her toes and up.
- You know, she needs my help. I have with me elixirs directly from Doctor Sintar Malefious himself! Fitzgerald said distinctively, and gave her a look that said “I do not need to discuss this here with you, warlock!”
- That’s not the right way to handle these matters. We see great potential in her as she is, she said with a quiet voice.

For the first time since Lovis’ arrival, you could see a look of insecurity in her eyes.

- Kayla, I have no idea who you are, but I sure do not feel very comfortable around here, Lovís said, with a different, vague voice.
- Then come with me, Martha Strain in Undercity is expecting you.
- Great potential, Martha Strain, I do not understand. Can you please tell me what is going on? Lovís asked with an almost desperate voice.

Kayla was silent for a second, glanced at Fitzgerald and the guards, smiled a little and asked;

- Lovís, would you be interested in warlock training?"

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
Not that I can come up with at the moment. Oh, by the way, regarding my gear. Remember I'm still upgrading! I'm not exclusively epic socketed, nor do I have the best enchant on every item, but as soon as I sort my gear out, I will.

2009 Dec 09 (Wed) 12:43 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Post Re: Lovis, undead lady warlock
Aha! Might as well get started right away *cracks knuckles*

Let's talk raid spots: our caster squad is pretty big, and ranged overall constitutes the majority of our DPS. You would be the third raid-rank warlock in a 10-man raiding guild.

• What are your expectations in terms of getting a spot?
    • What sets you apart from other warlocks?

2009 Dec 09 (Wed) 1:00 am
Former Member

Hi, to answer your questions.

To be honest, I'm not ready to compete with the other warlocks in terms of damage output, experience etc. Probably something you shouldn't begin an application with. But! If let's say two warlocks have signed up, me and Zalmoxis for example, who is, if I remember correctly, affliction specced. In that case I will grant the raid a spellpower buff via demonic pact. If there are two demonology warlocks, the warlock with the highest amount of spellpower grants the buff.

Regarding raid spots. My expectations are not that high, I'm very well aware of the situation. Thanks Nimoe btw, I thought I asked if there was room for another warlock. Haha, no but seriously. Im happy if I can attemd to a farm night sometime, and maybe in the future when I'm geared up, join a progress raid. That would be fun. Im at the library, and they draw free theater tickets any time now, got to run!

Lovis

2009 Dec 09 (Wed) 1:34 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Warlock
Hey Lovis,

So you seem to have a really good handle on the role of what is largely considered by outsiders (non-locks, lock spec elitists, and morons) as a sub-par raiding spec. You and I and Kallbrand and probably Mora all know perfectly well that this is a lie, and demonology totally has it's place in a raid, it just won't ever max out the damage meters. So all that is cool.

You also seem well aware that, at this point in time, your gear isn't progress ready (by which I mean overall guild progress, as in Icecrown, as of today). Which is fine, gearing up is half the battle. So let's talk near future: as you farm emblems and run high-end 5-mans, what are the pieces of gear you are most eager to replace, and what would you, ideally, replace them with? The tier items are of course high on the list, but what other things? Secondly, as you get gear worthy of BiS enchants and epic gems (stuff above ilvl 200/213, basically), what are you gemming for and why? I noticed the points in Supression as a hit-cap pending measure, which is totally legit, but why choose that over gemming for hit? If you could also talk about stat priority (which stats you emphasize and why) realtive to your choice of gear you're shooting for, that would be great.

You also seem to have an interest in affliction, and even mentioned maybe going back to that -- what do you see as the comparative strong and weak points of affliction versus your current spec? Why Affliction and not destruction? Can you talk a bit about your ideal affliction spec and wht that looks like? It doesn't have to go into super great detail.

I don't mean to make you jump through hoops on all this and answer a bunch of silly questions (what is the value of i? o.O), but getting a good idea of your goals and class knowledge helps us make informed decisions about allocating raid spots both now and later on, as well as estimations about where we can reasonable expect/hope people to be in the near future.

2009 Dec 10 (Thu) 12:15 am
Former Member

Hi Zalmoxis

I'll start with the gear upgrades. Im a a few badges from getting Gul'dan's Shoulderpads of Conquest, with which I am going to replace my i200 shoulders. Next step is to replace my Leggings of the Haggard Apprentice, also i200, with Gul'dan's Leggings of Conquest. I probably do it in that order, since the 2-set bonus looks pretty good. I'm, like maaaaaany others, unable to play wow since the patch, but as soon it gets fixed, I'll start farming heroics. Speaking of heroics, the Icecrown ones have some interesting loot, I won't name them but I saw a good trinket (all trinkets looks good compared do the ones I have now), a belt, ring, boots, and a staff/1h sword. My wish list is quite long, and we all now how hard it can be, or frustrating, to get everything you want. I'll probably buy a ring for triumph badges, if it doesn't drop of course. The item purchased for Emblem of Frost cost a lot, and in the nearest future I wont have any acces to them. The weekly raid is something I look forward to though. Were was I..

Enchants! My first character was a holy Paladin, and therefore the leg enchant with spellpower and stam was the obvious choice. When I bought gems and enchants for my current legs, I had forgotten there actually was an enchant with spellpower and spirit! Clumsy, and poor, I decided not to buy another one. When I replace them, I'll of course buy the proper enchant. As for the weapon, the Black Magic is nowadays more attractive. I have not yet decided though whether I should stick to the spellpower or not when I get an upgrade.

I was affliction the first days of gearing up. Meaning, with my current gemming, I was hitcaped (suppression is more common in the affliction raiding spec). A few days later when i tried out demonology, my calculations showed that I wouldn't be hit-capped, even if I equiped my hit gear, if I didn't put 3 points in suppression. At that time, I had just bought exalted rep with Hodir, and swapping gems wasn't very tempting. When I sort my gear out a little, and get hit caped as demonology without suppression, I'll gem entirely for +23sp, apart from one Reckless Ametrite and a Purified Dreadstone for meta-activation.

One reason I am weak for affliction is because you really need to focus, and you always have something to watch. Your dps isn't based on how hard you press a certain button, but how focused you are, and how you "plan" your next spells. At least that's how I feel. The reason I specced demonology is as I said to perform better in heroics, which is mainly what I've done so far. I know destruction would be a good choice for both areas, if not the best (atleast until 3.3), but I've have serious threat problems (threat reduction is on the other hand buffed now). Let's just say the other two talent trees fit me better!

This is probably the spec I would choose:http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#IfxMbzMAoiA0IktZE0oV
I guess it's quite standard. I remember we had a discussion in the /g chat about where to put the last point. I'm not sure but I think it's the point I have put in Cataclysm in the spec above. Did you end up with grim reach? I don't even know if we talk about the same "point", but still.

As I was writing this, I thought to myself, "why not replace your pvp spec, which you never use, and make it a pve affliction build instead". I'll probably do that.

Lovís

2009 Dec 10 (Thu) 6:34 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Warlock
You seem to have thought everything out very well, and to know the ins and outs of the class pretty solidly, which is great. Thanks for the thorough reply!

As Thórva pointed out earlier, we're really full up on caster dps for the most part right now, so our hesitation over saying yes to this application so far certainly isn't based on anything but the number of avilable spots and, to some extent, the status of your gear, which we understand you're working on diligently right now.

I, for one, am happy to have you promoted to raid rank, provided you are willing, for the near future at least, to be confined to farm runs (and can make it to them -- they're usually the tuesday runs) and sign up for them and all that so that you get the gear you need.

(By the by, I ended up putting the leftover point in Grim Reach, and those three Suppression points in pushback reduction, since I'm hit capped.)

2009 Dec 11 (Fri) 1:41 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
What Zalmoxis said. Accepted for trial, with the understanding that you may not be able to come on every run until your gear situation improves. Poke one of us or Ekhan about changing your rank.

2009 Dec 11 (Fri) 12:19 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]