NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 09 (Thu) 10:54 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
Accepted — Legzila - Discipline Priest 
Former Member

Post Accepted — Legzila - Discipline Priest
NAME: Legzila
Race/Class: Troll Priest
Main Spec: Discipline
Primary Professions: Mining / Engineering
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Legzila
Fishing Skill: 253 (working on it)

What's your name and where are you from? David Burnett, from Glasgow Scotland

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. I tried, and failed so ill just say 18

How long have you been playing WoW? (may also help explain strangely high fishing skills) Since the EU launch, so 11th of february 2005 I think.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. This is my main, after a whole lot of characters I finally decided enough was enough and stuck to the character I enjoyed most, there are some alts, but nothing serious

What's your guild history? Are you in a guild right now? Are you leaving that guild because of some drama you caused? Cause one thing we really don't want is drama... No, you say? Then why are you leaving? Well I am former alliance scum, and factioned changed only a few weeks ago but I was part of The Grey Templars for a long while but left due to a severe dislike of guild drama (Don't worry I had no part in it, but it was not pleasant to be around.) I was then in a guild with some friends called Northstar which was great fun and we did really well, however folks had too much going on in their outside lives and we kind of faded, im still in contact with many of the members though.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. Aha, easy one, my Best friend in real life and in WoW is your very own Lortex, he has had nothing but good things to say about the Luminous Path.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? Well as a healer I believe i'm doing a good job when everyone survives the encounter, I also have a shadow spec, but although im decent at it I feel most comfortable as a healer, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the raid.

What's your PvE experience like? Hmm I raided MC and ZG mainly at level 60, with some AQ20 aswell, however I never raided much during the Burning crusade and only ever got as far as Karazhan, in WotLK i have focused mainly on 10 man instances and have completed all of them with the exclusion of the hard modes.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. I favour the Discipline spec as it feels the most unique to priest, the focus on mitigation and absorption is not found on any other healer, and i enjoy the "short cooldown" buffs of power infusion and inner focus that provide the extra oomph you might need in a intensive situation. about the specific talents i took, some discipline priests dont bother taking the Desperate prayer talent in the holy tree, however I find it invaluable if heavy healing is required on a target but at the same time I must move from danger zones (poison / acid / fire / missiles) as it allows me to use the prayer on the move so my hp is at safe levels and can penance instead of using a binding heal to heal my target of the damage they took as i moved.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game? Honestly I prefer to work things out myself, but if im looking for specific information I would visit the wow-europe priest forums and there is usually links to some sites that answer my questions.

Obviously you're here for the awesome PvE, but this being an RP realm, and us lot being total nerds, indulge us: end your application with a short biography, in-character note to the officers, or other story or statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional. Legzila is a Darkspear troll who worships the light, while not unheard of it is not considered all that common either, at 70 years old he is considered venerable for a Jungle troll and has learned a great many things during his long life, his experiences as a young troll where he befriended a druid of Moonglade has taught him that although he will always be a lightwielder, there is great power in the ways of Shamanism and Druidism and that only with these powers working together can the true strength of divinity and life be shown, and Legzila is willing to do his part in his final years on this world to see that it is so.

2009 Dec 23 (Wed) 10:14 pm
Former Member

Class: Warrior
 Re: Legzila - Discipline Priest
My friend! <3
Bless that day in Hellfire Peninsula, only a few days after TBC was released. I will forever treasure that moment deep within my heart.

I dont have much to say about Legzila, There is too much to be said about him really, If I where to tell you my story about him.. we would fill the forum server capacity in no time!

Some of you have raided with him already, both in ToC 10 and ICC 10.
Let me just put it this way, he is the best healer i've ever had my eyes on. ( Sorry Thórva! )
And as far as I can tell, he would be the last person on earth who would cause any trouble.

2009 Dec 23 (Wed) 10:53 pm
Former Member

Post Re: Legzila - Discipline Priest
You miss many of the BiS enchants from your gear (bracers, staff, chest at least). I know they're expensive but at your gear level they should be worth it.
Otherwise your application, gear, reputations and professions seem good. Also your performance in the guild raids has been mostly cool.

Approved.

2009 Dec 23 (Wed) 10:58 pm
Profile WWW
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Lortex wrote:
Let me just put it this way, he is the best healer i've ever had my eyes on.

Ooo, burrrn. Burrrrn. You can't see them, but there are tears running into the keyboard-shaped grooves on my cheekbones.

I'm glad you've applied, and here are my questions:

• By upgrading your enchants and the gem in your neck, you would gain +2 to all stats, plus an additional 23 spell power and 2 spirit: that's the equivalent of an entire additional slot enchant. I expect you do do this before we accept you.

• You're currently meeting your meta requirements by using one gem of each color. Have you explored the alternative (that is, using one Nightmare Tear in the socket with the best bonus and the rest SP gems)? Does this end up being a better or worse outcome for your character?

• Talk to me about how often you intend to sign up for raids, what your expectations are about getting a spot for Icecrown, and what you understand being "on standby" to demand of you.

2009 Dec 23 (Wed) 11:01 pm
Former Member

Thank you for the advice and shall get those Enchants sorted.

I had not considered the Nightmare tear, and have now replaced that questionable gem in my neck that was really just satisfying the meta gem with one, and all my other gems are +23spellpower, except for one +20 intellect gem I have in order to satisfy the meta and squeeze that little bit more out of of the replenishment mechanic

2009 Dec 23 (Wed) 11:43 pm
Former Member

Oh yes, and about the attendance, well I would love to come to at least 2 raids a week, I don't have much going on at the moment so im online often, and if I am allowed to join the guild if there is any reason I would be unable to attend a raid I signed for I would give advanced warning (unless its something catastrophic but that problably would not happen)

About standby, well as I see it standby means to be Online at the time of the raid and 100% available, so basically as if I was in the raid except for the actual fighting of the bosses

2009 Dec 23 (Wed) 11:59 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Accepted for trial. Take a break from your turkey coma over the next couple of days and /w Thórva, Zalmoxis, or Ekhan for a ginvite.

2009 Dec 25 (Fri) 7:36 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]