NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 10 (Fri) 1:25 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
Withdrawn — Lukajin Arcane Mage Application 

Post Withdrawn — Lukajin Arcane Mage Application
NAME: Lukajin
Race/Class: Troll
Main Spec: Arcane (57/3/11)
Primary Professions: Enchanting (450) Tailoring (442)
Armory Link: Unavailable right now as i recently transferred to DB, should be up soon though.
Fishing Skill: 200 or so, I have a druid with 420 on Bloodhoof realm, which i will be transferring shortly.

What's your name and where are you from? Lukajin, and the Echo Isles in Durotar.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
50 60 + 8 - 6 /
How long have you been playing WoW? (may also help explain strangely high fishing skills) Since September 2008.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. This is my main, although my playtime is limited during the week, you see my parents impose cretinous rules, i.e. no computer until after 8pm UK time. Weekends though i am on for 12 hours a day both days. (no life ftw?)

What's your guild history? Are you in a guild right now? Are you leaving that guild because of some drama you caused? Cause one thing we really don't want is drama... No, you say? Then why are you leaving? Used to run a guild on bloodhoof realm, 8/14 ulduar and 5/5 ToC but i started getting IRL bloodlusts from some of the members and their performace (or lack thereof), so i thought it best to take a break, and have a "fresh" start.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. Nobody, as I am new on this realm, but if you want to speak to some people from Bloodhoof you could contact Nibenon, Lexsis, Dragonoffayt, Beelkay.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? I am always on the lookout for adds that might need taking down, or frost nova'ing an add thats been drawn to a healer, I also like to stare at recount and mash arcane blast to see how high i can get. :3

What's your PvE experience like? all of Ulduar, all of Naxx, all of ToC, none of ToGC and I've tried the first boss of ICC10, but to no avail.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
I chose to be arcane because it is simpler to play than fire, and i also think the spells look cooler, excuse the pun, than fire.
Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
elitistjerks has some decent info but i rarely read alot, i prefer to learn things through the game, however i do spend alot of time using Rawr.Mage to tweak my character.
Obviously you're here for the awesome PvE, but this being an RP realm, and us lot being total nerds, indulge us: end your application with a short biography, in-character note to the officers, or other story or statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.
I am a female troll, born and bred on the echo isles in Durotar, i spent most of my days killing tigers with my father, a revered hunter of the village of Sen'Jin, and taking them back to our hut, where my uncle would skin them, and my mother, a witch-doctor would enchant the skins and sell them at market. It was from her that i accrued my skills in the arcane. When I get the chance I like to go back to Sen'Jin village to help out with jobs, but i spend most of my time helping the knights of the ebon blade, to whom i have taken a liking, in Icecrown.
Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
Well, like i say i can only play during weekends (friday night is included) and after 8 in the week. if you feel that i will not be of use to the guild, or if i wont get to raids, please decline this application, i dont mind hunting for another guild who raid weekends.

Thanks!
~luka

2009 Dec 28 (Mon) 2:52 pm

Post Re: Lukajin Arcane Mage Application
armory link just came up:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Lukajin

2009 Dec 28 (Mon) 5:21 pm
Former Member

The gear seems fitting and you've gemmed & enchanted it mostly well. You have nicely experience, and since ICC has come out so shortly, I wouldn't say you've dropped out from the boat yet even if you don't have experience on ICC bosses yet.

What comes to gems I'd recommend you to check Chaotic Skyflare Diamond, its pretty much the must meta for all casters.
In enchants I'd like you to aim for better enchant to your staff and maybe reconsider another boot enchant too. Even when the spirit has come usable for mages, I wouldn't actually aim for it. Instead of pure spirit you'd gain more from pure haste and ofcourse raw spellpower.

As a trollfanatic and long term member of Second Gurubashi Empire (troll only RP-pvp guild) I'd like to mention that any adult troll can't be written to be "born in Sen'Jin" or the nearby areas. Sen'Jin has existed only for few years. It's very common mistake. If you are interested about troll lore and RP, there's lots of useful information at SGE forums.
Here's the topic about Sen'Jin http://vashna.proboards.com/index.cgi?b ... thread=788

Anyways. I'll vouch for this dude. We need a mage, even a semi active one.

2009 Dec 28 (Mon) 6:29 pm
Profile WWW

Oh, cheers, i dont have a clue about troll lore, i used to be a blood elf, but I changed to trolls because i think they are pretty :)

2009 Dec 28 (Mon) 6:51 pm

oh and also regarding the chaotic skyflare, i am going to get that as soon as it becomes active (blue gem in chest) and i am going to get tuskars vitality on boots, the best mage on my old realm advised me to get it, but if any of you think i should get something else i'd like to hear your opinions.

2009 Dec 28 (Mon) 6:53 pm
Former Member

As long as you're hit capped tuskarr's vitality is good choise.
To build the hit cap icewalker is better ofcourse ;>

2009 Dec 28 (Mon) 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hi, Lukajin. I like the app so far; can you give me a ballpark figure on your DPS? Obviously, DPS isn't everything, and it can vary depending on the bossfight and the raid setup, but what would you say your rough average is?

2009 Dec 28 (Mon) 10:37 pm

Hey, i do around 3.5k in heroics, 4.5k in 10s, and i just did 5.2k in 25 ToC :) died halfway through icehowl though cos of arctic breath *shakes fist*

2009 Dec 28 (Mon) 10:41 pm

bad news. i will have to withdraw my app as i will only be able to make one of your raids. sorry for wasting your time and best of luck!

2009 Dec 29 (Tue) 1:37 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]