NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 10 (Fri) 7:05 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Accepted — Truvor - Fury Warrior 
Former Member

Post Accepted — Truvor - Fury Warrior
NAME: Truvor
Race/Class: Tauren/Warrior
Main Spec: Fury
Primary Professions: Miner/Blacksmith
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... d&n=Truvor
Fishing Skill: Something around 225...

What's your name and where are you from?
Roman. From Finland, or Russian. Depends how to understand the question. :)

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
10 3 * 5 +

How long have you been playing WoW? (may also help explain strangely high fishing skills)
Over 5 years. Since US Beta. I was a night elf hunter that time :)

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
Yes, now it's the main. Playing around 3-5 days a week now days.
Have also 75 lvl shaman, Rurik. Who is my most played character and main up to WotLK. Now he moves slowly to 80.
Some others below 70.

What's your guild history? Are you in a guild right now? Are you leaving that guild because of some drama you caused? Cause one thing we really don't want is drama... No, you say? Then why are you leaving?
'05. Played hunter for Alliance side. Don't remember the guild name.
I love this time. Everything new, unknown. First dungeons, first raid experience.
It was disbanded/reformed and I've decided to become a tauren. :)
'05-'06. Mistrunner Tribe. Started with Defias brotherhood, later joined with Mistrunners. Very nice time, great RP. But there was no raiding that times, so I've left for "hard battles".
'06-'07. Taiga clan. That was about raiding. Battled through original raids up to Twin Emperors and first bosses of Naxxramas.
'07-current. Played more like in "casual" mode. Battled on arenas, battlegrounds, participated PUG raids, played alts e.t.c.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
Guess there are few who might remember me. But I could mention a couple of names.
Parti. Hunter from Ubiquity. He was our raid leader in Taiga clan times.
Fatangfatang. Warrior from Menace. My Arena team mate in BC times.
They might remember my shaman, Rurik.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
Current target is melee damager (Arms or Fury). I don't stick on any exact role, could vary depending on raid needs.
About good job in raid... The main value for judging is raid target. Boss kill or an achievement or anything else. If you did what you can to make it happen and haven't made any trouble for others - you're good.

What's your PvE experience like?
Well, as mentioned, most of experience comes from old 40 ppl raids like MC, Onyxia, BWL, Ahn'Qiraj, Naxxramas40. It was a bit of hardcore playing.
BC part was more in "casual" mode. Karazhan, Gruul, Magtheridon, Zul'Aman.
There was a big break after WotLK launch. Just recently restarted and got 80 lvl for the warrior and equipped him. So haven't really raided in WotLK, save some PUG's.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
Don't feel I should go deep into describing every talent here. I'm making builds depending on targets for current playing. Currently it's PVE builds.
Main 18/53/0. "raid-fury". Just pure focus on DPS in Raid.
Second 8/3/60. Dungeon/raid tanking (balanced version).

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
Everywhere in internet. Official and some fan's forums, wowwiki, wowhead, worldofraids, many more followed good links.

Obviously you're here for the awesome PvE, but this being an RP realm, and us lot being total nerds, indulge us: end your application with a short biography, in-character note to the officers, or other story or statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.

... To tell about Truvor?.. - a slight smile lightened face of veteran shaman.
- He was young... almost a boy when it happened... - shaman talked slowly with long pauses, like remembering something of great importance.
- Strong... and brave... Always dreamed to be a warrior... We've joined Cairne's forces to help Thrall. There was a feeling like... - Shaman made a long pause. Tales of the past filled his memory. Eyes was looking through the time. - ...Something epic has happened... We all had feeling that old days will never return...
Time flowed with tales about great battles of the past. Shaman talked faster, and even looked younger.
- I've left tauren lands after The Great battle. Legion was defeated but world was far from peace. Joined with the horde forces we battled scourge remains in plaguelands, black dragons, then it was Silithus invasion... He was always liked my stories about great battles. It wasn't calm time here, he guarded Mulgore and kept peace for our folk. But I know, he always dreamed about something more.
Shaman talk became slow again. But he looked not so tired anymore. Something filled his heart with pride.
- Yes, he left to Northrend... a few weeks now... Came to me just before leaving to horde base...
- Yes, I knew he will go... I knew he was dreaming about it... It is his time... and his battle.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.

Hail, noble brethren.
I've come to your campfire looking for a friendly company and glorious battles. And it would be a great pleasure if you'll find me as good companion for play and worthy warrior for fight the Lich King.

2010 Jan 11 (Mon) 9:47 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Post Re: Truvor - Fury Warrior
Hey Truvor,

Thanks for your application. Some things/questions:

• If you would please, link us a raid log or a screenshot after you have beaten on a Level ?? target dummy for 3-5 minutes to give us an idea of your unbuffed DPS.
    • Which enchants are you going to put on your cloak and off-hand before we decide your application?
and
    • I noticed you're still using a blue i200 trinket from King Ymiron. This might be perfectly understandable: after all, the BiS pally relic is still i200. But why have you chosen this one over all the epics in the game?

2010 Jan 11 (Mon) 10:09 pm
Former Member

Thórva wrote:
    • If you would please, link us a raid log or a screenshot after you have beaten on a Level ?? target dummy for 3-5 minutes to give us an idea of your unbuffed DPS.

Sure, I'll try to get back with something.
Thórva wrote:
    • Which enchants are you going to put on your cloak and off-hand before we decide your application?

Berserking for weapon and switch it to main hand. May be try dual berserk in later.
23 Haste for cloak
Thórva wrote:
    • I noticed you're still using a blue i200 trinket from King Ymiron. This might be perfectly understandable: after all, the BiS pally relic is still i200. But why have you chosen this one over all the epics in the game?

Well, there is not much reason for preferring this trinket. This warrior was equipped in about a month or so. Just haven't got anything better so far. There is a +128 hit trink easy to get, but I'm at soft cap for hit, so benefit will be limited if any.

2010 Jan 11 (Mon) 11:53 pm
Former Member

Class: Warrior
Greetings there Truvor!

I only have one question (If i'm allowed) That is.

What do you think about Armor Penetration?
I can see that you have gemmed some items with Armor Penetration, But why not the rest aswell?
Is there some sort of balance between Armor penetration and Strength? (I'd love to know ^_^)

As far as I've heard, and seen. 80% of all the dps raiding warriors seems to be stacking Armor Penetration. I've seen folks who have 85% armor reduction on their targets. And among those, I have seen none who uses a single STR gem. Either I am unlucky to only run into such warriors, or simply that is the best way to go.
Now I am no warrior expert but, What do you think Truvor?

I'm just a little curious as I love to know how warriors deal with their DPS.

2010 Jan 12 (Tue) 2:18 pm
Former Member

Lortex wrote:
Greetings there Truvor!

I only have one question (If i'm allowed) That is.

What do you think about Armor Penetration?
I can see that you have gemmed some items with Armor Penetration, But why not the rest aswell?
Is there some sort of balance between Armor penetration and Strength? (I'd love to know ^_^)

As far as I've heard, and seen. 80% of all the dps raiding warriors seems to be stacking Armor Penetration. I've seen folks who have 85% armor reduction on their targets. And among those, I have seen none who uses a single STR gem. Either I am unlucky to only run into such warriors, or simply that is the best way to go.
Now I am no warrior expert but, What do you think Truvor?

I'm just a little curious as I love to know how warriors deal with their DPS.

Hail Lortex!
Certainly, welcome with any question. To be honest I wouldn't claim myself as a super-expert in warriors. But there is some knowledge I could share.

The key point about ArP stat is that it's value increases with amount ArP you have.
For example, decreasing armor from 10k to 9k gives more damage increase then 20k to 19k. So is ArP effectiveness. +20 ArP gives significantly better damage increase when you have 70% Armor ignore compared to 10%.

Earlier difference was so imbalanced that warriors can sacrifice all stats for ArP in crazy proportion and still get benefit. Now it's much more balanced but difference still in place.
Currently ArP is in balance with Str on average level of Armor ignore around 20-40%. Over 40% - ArP becomes more effective, Below 20% - Strength is more effective. This level depends on equip level and spec. Something like this, as far as I know.
So, now most raiding warrior who has a good equip collection tend to make an ArP set and get benefit from big ArP levels. But if equip isn't so great, it's a bit early to bother about ArP focus.

Also worth to mention that Arms spec gives additional bonus 10 (+6 with T9 set bonus, + talent bonus if mace used). So Arms wars comes much early to "collect ArP" state.

As for my equip - it's more or less in "Average for everything" state, I've tried both Arms and Fury. For fixed role in raids there some "harmonizing" of gems to be done.

2010 Jan 12 (Tue) 4:54 pm
Officer (Retired)

Thanks for your quick and complete answers. What about your availability? How many of our raids per week could you attend, how many do you plan to sign up for, and what are your expecations about getting a spot?

2010 Jan 12 (Tue) 5:59 pm
Former Member

If schedule is like mentioned:
• Tuesday, 20:00 for up to four hours
• Thursday, 20:00 for up to four hours
• Sunday, 20:00 for up to four hours

I could attend Tuesday's, Thursdays and about half of Sunday's (every second, usual pattern) with rare exception. So, about 2 or a bit more in average.

I don't have any expectations for a reserved place in raid. Just plan to sigh up and do my best to be prepared every time. If I'll get place - nice, if there are reasons to take somebody else - no problem.

2010 Jan 12 (Tue) 6:55 pm
Officer (Retired)

We generally don't go for four: Icecrown progress has been an exception, but your average raid night is more like 2-2.5 hours, especially once we've got the hang of things. I'll have a chat with the officers and we'll try to get you a prompt decision on this application.

2010 Jan 12 (Tue) 8:29 pm
Former Member

And here is the log from my dummy fight...

Attachments:
Truvor_DPS.JPG
Truvor_DPS.JPG [ 64.94 KiB | Viewed 456 times ]
2010 Jan 12 (Tue) 9:33 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Warlock
Accepted for trial. Please whisper Thórva, Ekhan, or Zalmoxis in-game for a ginvite.

2010 Jan 14 (Thu) 7:39 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]