NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 10 (Fri) 10:09 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Declined — Jimmyhoofa - Balance druid 

Post Declined — Jimmyhoofa - Balance druid
NAME:
Jimmyhoofa
Race/Class:
Tauren/Druid
Main Spec:
Balance
Primary Professions:
Mining/JC
Armory Link:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... Jimmyhoofa
Fishing Skill:

What's your name and where are you from?
Jan, from Norway

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
I failed here. 26 years old.

How long have you been playing WoW? (may also help explain strangely high fishing skills)
Since the day it came out.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
This is my main, and I play every day, unless im working overtime. Me and some friends transfered to this server, hence I dont have any other characters.

What's your guild history? Are you in a guild right now? Are you leaving that guild because of some drama you caused? Cause one thing we really don't want is drama... No, you say? Then why are you leaving?
Mainly i've been pugging. But I got tired of it, and joined some casual guild named "Radical Noise". That was a complete failure, as we hardly had enough people to do anything, and people didnt seem interested in actually trying to learn new encounters whenever we actually could raid. So I left peacefully

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
Crappen, Turtlesatan, Kakol, Anethina, Bashwash. All RL friends.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
My main role is DPS, but im a hybrid, so I ofcourse tank when needed. I got a decent set of tanking gear. Tanked quite a bit in ICC 10 with success.
I also bring alot other things to the table:
Motw
Thorns
Combat res
Innervate
5% crit aura
3% hit
3% haste
13% magic debuff
5% armor reduction

What's your PvE experience like?
In vanilla wow I raided everything there was to raid. I kinda skipped out on TBC except for a few PuG's here and there. In wotlk: Ulduar 10/25, OS 10/25, OS 3D 10, Naxx 10/25, ToC 10/25, TogC 10, ICC 10/25 (only 3 first in 25 as I have been quite unlucky with PuG's)

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
I havent been playing boomkin for that long, so I red up on things when it came to choosing spec. Checked out alot of balance druids from famous guilds, and got a good idea on how I should spec to get the most juice out of my druid.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
I mainly use the forums on mmo-champion, but also wow-europe.com

Obviously you're here for the awesome PvE, but this being an RP realm, and us lot being total nerds, indulge us: end your application with a short biography, in-character note to the officers, or other story or statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.
Funny enough, RP isnt really my thing. Yes, I know im playing on a RP server. Anyways, ill try:

"His powerful spells could only be cast when he was facing evil itself. "Arrrgh, evil he snarred", preparing to try out his starfire on a rat. What he did not know, was that the rat had kept an eye on him ever since he arrived in the dark ally. And whilest Jimmyhoofa was studying his spellbook, the rat was studying him. Analyzing him. Preparing. The battle was intense, spells were flying everywhere. And then, silence. It was quiet as it had been just minutes ago. The battle was over. The rat was dead. The cow had won. Jimmyhoofa mumbled something to himself: "God damn spell rotations"

2010 Jan 14 (Thu) 10:00 pm
Former Member

Post Re: Jimmyhoofa - Balance druid
Your gear is decent, and I'm pleased to see you've enchanted and gemmed it properly in most of the pieces. What kind of changes you have in your mind what comes to your gear? How are you planning to get your next upgrades? I can see there's still few upgrades you could obtain pretty easily, I'd like to see if our heads hit together here.

I'd like you to still answer to the question wich was in application form: How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? (in raids) If you're using addons to make this evaluation, mention the most important ones.

I liked your application, even when it was quite a tight package. One thing that bothers me tho is your name. You came into RP realm and decided to choose name like yours, how come is that? I know we have some inappropriate names in guild already, but I wouldn't actually like to see the amount of those going any higher than it is now.
Ofcourse we can't make applicants or even members to pay for the name change, and turning down otherwise good applicant because of the name is also obscure. In the end name is one part of the evaluation that I personally do when reading through the applications. In most of the cases name also gives some sort of sign from the attitude that the person has towards roleplaying, name is a sign or something. So from the name I have to give you minus point.
It's nice you wrote an RP part even if you're not roleplayer, but I have to also warn you about being careful with game-therms in roleplaying since there's no such a thing as "agro" "spell rotation" "bg" "pve" etc in communication and written text that is In Character.

/salute
Narushka the shadowbitch

2010 Jan 14 (Thu) 10:55 pm
Profile WWW
Former Member

Class: Warrior
Greetings Jimmyhoofa!

I find it to be an decent application indeed, But as Narushka already pointed out, I am wondering the same things especially your choice of the name. Other than that it seems good!

But there is this one thing that I wonder, It doesnt really matter much at all.
But why do you only have 1 minor glyph? Not that they do that much of a difference, but it improves your characters in a positive way, and never hurts to fill out all the slots, For example:
The mark of the wild one makes your MOTW cost 50% less mana, you never know when that comes in handy, Right?

But once again, This is far from really important, But it is never wrong to push your character to its absolute peak of performance!
Just a thought that popped up in my head.

Thanks for applying!
Lortex Son of Lortharion.

2010 Jan 14 (Thu) 11:56 pm

Greetings, Narushka and Lortex.

Im gonna firstly reply to your post, Narushka.

Well, gear wise I will be getting my T10 gloves tomorrow. And next I will be switching out my cloak. Getting http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47501 isnt really too hard. Its a decent upgrade with some crit. Appart from that I am pugging on every ocassion possible, but tbh theres gotta be something wrong with my dice :-(

I see I missed your next question. Well, in order for me do a good job when raiding, I feel its important to be prepared for every encounter we are facing. It can be everything from positioning, movement, dpsing the right targets and such. Basically read the tactics and know what you are up against. DPS is also an important issue, but if you are dead you cant really do any dps. I am ofcourse using DBM and recount for measuring damage done and others. But during a boss fight, I usually have this disabled as I feel my focus should be elsewhere.

As I said im not much of a RP'er. I absolutly and fully respect the RP term and the people who RP.
And when it comes to my name, this character was made on a non-RP server. I then transfered with a couple of friends, and tbh people here havent been that bothered by it. But yes, I clearly see that in order for me to join a serious guild, im gonna have to change it. That will not be a problem.

My RP story might have been a bit off. Was not in my attention to affend anyone.

Greetings, Lortex.
As for the name, read above.
You absolutly have a valid point about the minor glyphs. And I just bought 2 minor to fill in the missing ones :-)

If there is anything else you wanna know, feel free to ask.

2010 Jan 15 (Fri) 1:19 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hi there. It's always nice to see a fellow druid, and thanks for applying. Couple of quick questions:

First off, why skip Intensity as a talent? What was so attractive about other talent choices that you chose them above mana regen while casting? I'm equally curious about not choosing Dreamstate (for the same reason) and Typhoon.

2010 Jan 15 (Fri) 3:25 am
Former Member

Thank you for your kind answers, I value them very much. At least your attitude seems mature and understanding, wich is huge plus.

I'd like to still comment quickly about the gear question. I've never played a high level druid so I don't know how you balance the stats, what is your priority stat as boomkin and such. So this comes just from my personal pondering and from common knowledge about casters.

Instead of Je'Tze's'Bell, have you reconsidered Sundial of the Exiled? You can get this item with 40 emblems http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40682
That has been the kick ass trinket for common caster raiders for long, and it's still has pretty high ranking on many Sundial is better than the Bell at least in raiding since the mp5 isn't that valuable for you. If you're having mana problems I'd rather focuse into intellect wich also gives you crit, todays raiding casters rarely have the mana problem since we all have pretty nice mana regeneration abilities with pretty low cooldowns.

Also I'd like to remind about the +81 spell power staff enchant. I'm sure you're aware that this enchant exists. I know it's expensive and it might feel funny to put so much gold into a instance drop staff, but in the end it's 232 item level. This is also pushing the peak, what Lortex mentioned in his reply.

Again. Thank you for your anwers.

--Narushka

2010 Jan 15 (Fri) 2:53 pm
Profile WWW

Ekhan wrote:
Hi there. It's always nice to see a fellow druid, and thanks for applying. Couple of quick questions:

First off, why skip Intensity as a talent? What was so attractive about other talent choices that you chose them above mana regen while casting? I'm equally curious about not choosing Dreamstate (for the same reason) and Typhoon.

Hello there, Ekhan.
When I first went boomkin, I had alot of resto gear and no mana problems at all. So there wasnt really any need for regen talents what so ever. I have changed quite a bit of the gear, but im still not having any mana problems. Hence I havent picked any of the talents you mentioned. But then again, you are right, I COULD switch out imp motw for intensity (since there will most likely be atleast one more druid in the raid with this.)

When it comes to Typhoon, and my own (and alot of others) experience I feel its a bit of a wasted talent point. Its nearly worthless without Gale Winds (which is also pointless for singletarget damage), and definately not worth the mana cost.
Boomkins have never been the best AOE class in the game, and shouldnt talent for it either.

Now dont get me wrong here, if you guys feel I should spec different (e.g taking Typhoon for bosses like Saurfang) I wouldnt have the slightest problem doing so.

2010 Jan 15 (Fri) 4:20 pm

Narushka wrote:
Thank you for your kind answers, I value them very much. At least your attitude seems mature and understanding, wich is huge plus.

I'd like to still comment quickly about the gear question. I've never played a high level druid so I don't know how you balance the stats, what is your priority stat as boomkin and such. So this comes just from my personal pondering and from common knowledge about casters.

Instead of Je'Tze's'Bell, have you reconsidered Sundial of the Exiled? You can get this item with 40 emblems http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40682
That has been the kick ass trinket for common caster raiders for long, and it's still has pretty high ranking on many Sundial is better than the Bell at least in raiding since the mp5 isn't that valuable for you. If you're having mana problems I'd rather focuse into intellect wich also gives you crit, todays raiding casters rarely have the mana problem since we all have pretty nice mana regeneration abilities with pretty low cooldowns.

Also I'd like to remind about the +81 spell power staff enchant. I'm sure you're aware that this enchant exists. I know it's expensive and it might feel funny to put so much gold into a instance drop staff, but in the end it's 232 item level. This is also pushing the peak, what Lortex mentioned in his reply.

Again. Thank you for your anwers.

--Narushka

You are most welcome, Narushka

As I told you, I havent been playing boomkin for too long. So im still figuring things out. I would not call myself an elitist, but atleast I read up on my class and try to make the best out of it.
The trinket you mentioned is indeed better than the one I got, and its on my list. BUT, tbh I havent had the chance to get it yet, as I have prioritized so many other items. Badges are easy to get, I know, but when you are a hybrid class, you spend alot of em trying to get the gear for all specs. Therefore I just quickly bought the trinket I am using now, so I atleast had something.

And you are right about the 81 SP enchant. I guess I have just slacked a bit, and sort of hoped to replace my old staff rather sooner than later.

2010 Jan 15 (Fri) 4:21 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
I've been looking for Jimmyhoofa everywhere. All up and down Azeroth. Can't seem to find him. Does anyone know where Jimmyhoofa might be?

2010 Jan 16 (Sat) 10:07 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Warlock
Hey Jan,

Just to let you know where we're at, we're prepared to offer you trialist status pending a name change to something in line with the realm RP policy. We do understand that not everyone RP's, and we do appreciate your effort in the RP section of the application, but as a matter of guild policy we do require all of our members abode by the RP realm rules.

We're happy to report your name as 'non-RP' if you'd like to save yourself the cash on renaming it, or you can just go ahead and do it when it's most convenient for you; either way, let us one of the officers know in-game (Thórva, Ekhan, or Zalmoxis) and we'll move things along.

2010 Jan 18 (Mon) 12:10 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next