NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 02 (Thu) 10:15 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
Accepted: Etghyuio - Unholy DK 
Former Member

Post Accepted: Etghyuio - Unholy DK
NAME: Etghyuio
Race/Class: Troll Death Knight
Main Spec: Unholy (DPS)
Primary Professions: Mining
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... inous+Path
Fishing Skill: 0

What's your name and where are you from? Max, but you can call me any random combination of letter some of you seam to do it anyway, ^^, Im from the Isle Of Man.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. 8 8 + (16 if it makes your head hurt, It made mine).

How long have you been playing WoW? (may also help explain strangely high fishing skills) I have been playing WoW since just after the launch of TBC, If I remember correctly.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. Yes this is my main, I play him everyday. Well I have Huntfree which I haven’t been on in a long time and a Troll Rogue, though I am planning to start a Shaman soon.

What's your guild history? Are you in a guild right now? Are you leaving that guild because of some drama you caused? Cause one thing we really don't want is drama... No, you say? Then why are you leaving? I have been in a been in couple of guild over my time but nothing serious, all of them were unsuccessful levelling guilds. I even ran my own guild for a while called ‘Sinister’ But that was highly unsuccessful as nobody really logged on and my management skills weren’t very good. And I’ve had no problem being a social member of your guild.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. N/A

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? I’m DPS, my view of how good I am doing, is when no one in the group is complaining about it and it’s hitting at ;east 2500

What's your PvE experience like? Well I’ve only ever been on one Raid and that was Thanks to Aeneon and that didn’t seam to go bad although I have a feeling he just wanted me to see Ragnaros, Otherwise ive done every Instance I can get my grubby lil hands on.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. I came to this spec after playing around with blood I found that I didn’t do so well I found it hard to get the DPS up to 2500. But since I switched to Unholy I have seen a massive increase in DPS with it bobbing around 3500 mark in dungeon situations.

I came to the choice of Unholy because after looking around a couple of DPS DK spec I noticed a lot of them had actually gone for unholy, I can see why with the DK relying heavy on disease to perform most of there attacks with added bonuses and a 3rd disease coming into play gives my attack that little extra punch. Aswell as this the Permanent Ghoul is nice to have as it starts to DPS whilst I’m still making my way to the new mob. I feel this is the better of the three talent tree’s but I am always open to suggestion on how to improve my performance.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game? I Read The WoW EU Forums, WoWwiki, EJ and various DK spec build sites to find the best Talents, Glyphs and Gear (when I get it mind you :D).

Obviously you're here for the awesome PvE, but this being an RP realm, and us lot being total nerds, indulge us: end your application with a short biography, in-character note to the officers, or other story or statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.

The air hung with the musty smell of the dead and dieing as Etghyuio starred bleakly at his slaughter brethren from the Mossflayer Tribe of the eastern Plaguelands, he knew that he’d have to move soon to avoid been spotted by the many Scourge that now patrol the area looking for more unfortunate victims to go through the resurrection.

With this horrific thought in mind Etghyuio fled the massacre with no intent on ever returning to this sickened place, he knew that the only place he could only ever be safe. Orgrimmar, he’d have to pled to Thrall for forgiveness for there betrayal after the Second War.

Etghyuio was starting to get tired from the long trek to the edge of the Plaugelands, so he decided to settle down and camp for the night ….

The next morning Etghyuio awoke to the sound of Chanting, he rose to see a Death Knight staring at him and two Necromancer ‘s talking about the new troll, Suddenly Etghyuio realised this wasn’t the same place he had camped for the night.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application. I hope that this Application is to your satisfaction. And id be happy to answer any of your questions to the best of my ability.

2010 Jan 22 (Fri) 1:18 am
Former Member

Post Re: Etghyuio - Unholy DK
I could never say no to a troll!
Nice application. Your gear isn't up for ICC yet but I'm sure we can fix that, and when 25mans hit the table I'm also sure you've got the upgrdes needed.
I don't know what kind of moneygrinder you are but there's some good craftable epics that could easily replace your blue items, even as 200-213 they'd be propably worth of purchasing since that itemlevel goes now pretty cheap in AH. Another quick-fix for gear, wich are under lev200 is ofcourse pvp epics wich aren't acceptable as majority of gear, but few items won't hurt you if they're major upgrade for you.

But to the serious bussiness. We can't let you hop in this easily or can we? ;)
I can see you have lots of items unenchanted. What kind of plans you have to fixa that?
What are your next goals as gear upgrade?
Even if your gear wouldn't be 245+, to be accepted for raids I'd see you need to be bis enchanted and gemmed. I can understand you don't want to waste money enchanting blue stuff, but at least buy some kind of gems for them. But to carry 232 gear unenchanted, there's no excuse ;)

And since we have Kaine the facemelter I'm sure he'll answer any questions you have about dk gear or damage dealing.

2010 Jan 22 (Fri) 11:27 am
Profile WWW
Officer (Retired)

Class: Warlock
Hey Max, not to tun this into a big laundry list of questions before you have the chance to reply, but I do have a couple things I want to add to Narushka's post (with the understanding that I'm squishy DPS and have never played melee):

• Why the +30 stam gem on your chest? If break socket color with a 20 strength gem in the same slot you get more strength overall, and if you needed it for a meta you could get something like [Sovereign Dreadstone] that gave you the right color plus some strength.
  • I agree with Narushka, anything above 232 should be BiS enchanted and epic gemmed. Everything above 200 should prolly have some kind of enchant, but it doesn't have to be some 500g one (you can get a good chunk of extra DPS out of even lower-end gear with mid-level enchants). Some of that can get kind of expensive, but I think now we have several enchanters and jewelcrafters about who can help you with that.
  • I'm also interested in your next upgrade goals — what's your biggest priority for upgrade? The ones after that?

2010 Jan 22 (Fri) 12:57 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
I'd just like to add a social face to this app :D Been great farming heroics with ya, he's definitely here to improve and give it his all!

Sav 8-)

2010 Jan 25 (Mon) 5:13 am
Former Member

Class: Warrior
I agree with Savian here, Both me and Savian have been spamming heroics with him, Seems like a good guy! Social and fun, And I can tell he is working really hard to improve his gear.

2010 Jan 25 (Mon) 4:41 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Hey Max,

Your character has shown some astonishing improvement over the past several days, and I know we'll be able to move you to trial raider status soon--I don't think that was ever in doubt; it has just been a matter of when.

What I'd like to see before we eventually do so, however, is these things:

- Replace, gem, and enchant the last piece of armor (the boots) that's not epic. (Trinkets, rings, and cloaks are more complicated, but I hope you'll finish these up soon too.)

- Enchant unenchanted items. Hopefully you've been wearing tabards during that heroic spam, so you should be in a position to put an enchant on your head. You'll need to level your reputation with the Sons of Hodir to be able to enchant your shoulders.

- Pick a second crafting profession. As a miner, your best bets are jewelcrafting or blacksmithing. You don't have to level it to 450 before we put you on trial, but you'll need to get it high enough to enjoy the PvE benefits of the profession before we pass your trial. Ideally, when that day comes, you will drop mining for a second crafting profession, but that's not something we have been too diligent in insisting on.

When that's done, we'll look forward to promoting you. I'm excited.

2010 Jan 25 (Mon) 7:01 pm
Former Member

It would be also cool if you'd be able discuss on the forums about the questions/suggestions given :) Even when you are non-raiding guild member already, showing some activity on this side wouldn't hurt. We all know you're awesome fellow and like Thórva side it's pretty unlikely for you to get declined, but this boring forum part is still part of the recruiting progress and almost as important as the in-game actions you make to improve your character.
Ofcourse I don't know if you've discussed privately with Thórva and Zalmoxis, but..

This isn't directly for you, just my general tought about the member-applications.

If discussion on forums wouldn't be needed, point of making an application as existing guild member kind of looses its meaning. Ofcourse there's /g but not everyone who might be interested are present all the times or able to pay attention if there's serious discussion about inside guild applicant.
The recruiting progress should be as equal as possible was it existing guild member or new applicant, since guild has chosed this method for getting the raider rank. Even when existing guild member propably gets away bit easer with gear and such since we know them already and already seen them working hard for rep/gear/enchants etc. And its always more comfortable to get more raiders from guild than people we don't know, so I fully support these promotions. But being in the guild shouldn't mean automatical promotion either even if you'd made the application.
If non-guild-member wouldn't answer to questions given on forums at all, they'd be 100% sure declined, or at least postponed, right? It shouldn't be officers job to poke people either, I'm not saying that, member or not it's the applicants job to follow the topic. I'd like everone just be equally handled and every applicant to make equal effort also on the discussing part after making the application.

/salutes with respect

2010 Jan 26 (Tue) 11:27 am
Profile WWW
Former Member

Heya Again,

Firstly, Thanks for all your swift replies and sorry for my slowness in replying.

Secondly, I'd like to Thank Savian and Lortex for there Input into this Application.. and i hope to do it again soon! ;)

Now to answer your Questions.

Zalmoxis : Why the +30 stam gem on your chest? Well i wasnt Aware of the [Sovereign Dreadstone], But since that post i have Aquired this Gem.

Thórva : Pick a second crafting profession. I've Started to become an Engineer. I havn't decided on which branch to take when i hit Artisan Level, I'm still reading into both.

The Enchantment Question : Well most of you have told me i need to enchant everything. I have been finding all BiS Enchants for most of my gear so far ive Aquired the BiS Enchant for the Helm form the KotEB and the Shoulder Enchant from the SoH.

I hope to get everything ready ASAP

Thanks Etg

2010 Feb 01 (Mon) 2:34 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Max,

We haven't been able to make this application discussion thing work in your case, really, but I'm willing at least to give you a trial. I would encourage you to sign up for as many raids as you can make it to in the next 4-6 weeks to give us good data points.

2010 Feb 11 (Thu) 12:40 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]