NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 09 (Thu) 10:26 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Accepted — Florizel - a rogue !! 
Former Member

Post Accepted — Florizel - a rogue !!
NAME:
Florizel

Race/Class:
Blood Elf Rogue

Main Spec:
Combat

Primary Professions:
Jewelcraft/Enchanting

Armory Link:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Florizel

Fishing Skill:
13 :(

What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Dmitri, and I live in France.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
Eh? I'm 26, so is the right answer 62?

How long have you been playing WoW? (may also help explain strangely high fishing skills)
I played the original WoW for a couple of years (in the US, though), then quit right before BC, and then came back last spring.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
Yes, this is my main, and I play him very often. :) My main used to be a dk on the realm Conseil des ombres, but I don't play him any more. No serious alts either, since I prefer to /afk in Silvermoon instead when there is nothing else to do.

What's your guild history? Are you in a guild right now? Are you leaving that guild because of some drama you caused? Cause one thing we really don't want is drama... No, you say? Then why are you leaving?
I've been in a little guild called Merciless Horror, but they aren't really doing anything other than heroics, and I'm terribly bored with those. And before that, there aren't any guilds that I can remember - what happens in Stormwind stays in Stormwind.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
I've talked to Nimoe quite a bit, so I'm sure she can provide a [Plain Letter] of recommendation.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
My role is spamming Fan of Knives, and Recount tells me if I'm doing a good job.

What's your PvE experience like?
I have quite a bit of PvE experience, except for ICC, because everyone wants me to prove that it's not my first time. :( But I can just read up on the strategy as I go and follow another dps who knows what he is doing, so not really sure what the big problem is.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
The PvE spec is from elitistjerks, since there are people who show numerically why a particular talent is better than another, and I'm too lazy to do that myself. I'm specced into combat, since it allows one to solo certain things better, but will most likely re-spec into assassination if I get better daggers. It would be more practical too, since I wouldn't need two sets of weapons any more (for PvE and PvP).

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
http://www.google.com

Obviously you're here for the awesome PvE, but this being an RP realm, and us lot being total nerds, indulge us: end your application with a short biography, in-character note to the officers, or other story or statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.
An experienced double-agent, having recently returned from a long stay in Stormwind, since I had already done everything there was to do, and besides, the humans were really starting to get on my nerves. After spending some time in Silvermoon, I find that it has changed greatly over the years that I've spent abroad, and I'm not quite sure if I am liking what I see. Apparently, I'm supposed to respect other cultures now and recognise that looks aren't the most important thing, and other such nonsense... This new generation of blood elves considers me shallow, but it really isn't true. I do care about the current concerns. For instance, I do agree that something has to be done about the Plague: it ruins grape harvests, and if we cannot have good wine, then we are truly lost. The main reason to fight in the Northrend is still an attempt to escape boredom, which has always been my worst enemy, but at least you can see now that I have other causes considered important by everyone, too.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
a

2010 Jan 24 (Sun) 4:08 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Post Re: Florizel - a rogue !!
Florizel,

Thank you for taking the time to make a good application. Your gear, i.e. the underlying items, is solid, unfortunately there are some issues with what you're doing with it. Before we could accept this application, you would need to:

• Replace all the uncommon- (!) and rare-quality gems with epic ones, and add a third Dragon's Eye (guild jewelcrafters me, Nimoe, and Denathos might be able to help you with cuts if you can't yet do them yourself).
    • Enchant your belt and legs, and upgrade all your other enchants to best-in-slot quality. After more than a year of Wrath, it's upsetting to see that you have no reputation with the Sons of Hodir. If you can't get a BoA enchant from one of your other characters, you'll need to at least have the lower-level PvE enchant from them on your shoulders before you can be accepted, and getting Exalted will be a condition of your trial.

And now for some questions.

• Why that meta over, say, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41398? Also, have you thought about Meta activation using a Nightmare Tear? What are the pros/cons? We're not sick min-maxers, but as long as you're going to be regemming anyway, these questions are worth considering.
    • What do rogues bring to raids besides just DPS numbers? What do you have that a mage or a warlock or a hunter doesn't?

2010 Jan 24 (Sun) 4:44 pm
Former Member

Recruitment for blood elf (males): closed x( Gief trolls and forsaken! Even orc or two wouldn't hurt. Well, anyways.

Thórva gave good points and I'm not going to repeat them, but I fully support the things he said. My question also goes to same category as one of Thórva's.

Your application as well made, but I'd be interested to hear more about your job in raids since that part didn't actually answer much to the question. Raiding is more than big numbers and lol-aoe, and there's much more you need to "take care of" before getting to pwn part. So please recheck the question about doing good job in raids and think about it bit more. I'd like also to hear about other addons you use in this matters than Recount.
So, again, How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? :)

2010 Jan 24 (Sun) 5:19 pm
Profile WWW
Former Member

I'll be taking care of the gem and enchanting upgrades. Almost done with gems and working on improving the enchanting skill right now (might as well do that if I'm going to max out the enchants).

About the meta-gem, I'll have to look into that. You might be right, and the 3% crit chance could possibly more than make up for the difference between a nightmare tear and a red/orange gem.

Rep shouldn't be a problem. I'll just do a few quests for those people and buy the rest with emblems.

As for a unique role in a raid... Hmm, I do tricks of the trade. :) Other than that, I can interrupt pretty often. That's pretty much it, as far as uniqueness goes, however. Rogues really are pretty much about big numbers and not much else, sorry... ;) Of course, maximising your damage output is more than spamming random skills. One has to use the right rotation and try and do a burst in the right situation (ie Bloodlust and such). I can do that. :) Everything else depends on the tactics for the particular monster.

2010 Jan 24 (Sun) 5:30 pm
Former Member

Well Florizel, don't know much about rogues.
But you listend to what the others said and got better enchants and gems, and improved you gear quickly.

And it was nice raiding with you.

You have my vote.

2010 Jan 25 (Mon) 12:30 am
Officer (Retired)

Very impressive turnaround indeed. PvP enchants are still unacceptable in a raiding guild, but I also understand you can't go from 0-Exalted in a day. If we accept you, however, consistent progress on this will be a condition of your trial.

2010 Jan 25 (Mon) 1:33 am
Former Member

Well, I did some quests in the Storm Peaks and got to honoured with the giants. I could buy my way to exalted even right now, but I'm going to complete a few more quests not to waste so many emblems. Need some gold to recover the enchanting expenses any way. =)

2010 Jan 25 (Mon) 2:33 am
Officer (Retired)

Like I said, we'll be watching your enchants to make sure they reach best-in-slot quality over the next few weeks, but I am interested to see how this works out.

Accepted for trial. Whisper Thórva, Ekhan, Zalmoxis, Nimoe, Kainé, or Marrowchill for a ginvite.

2010 Jan 25 (Mon) 12:01 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]