NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 10 (Fri) 6:57 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
Accepted — Schizont - MM hunter 

Post Accepted — Schizont - MM hunter
NAME: Schizont
Race/Class: Blood Elf Hunter
Main Spec: Marksmanship
Primary Professions: Skinning/Leatherworking
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Schizont Fishing Skill: 450

What's your name and where are you from? Dan - I'm from Cambridge, UK

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. 33 (born 07/30/76)

How long have you been playing WoW? (may also help explain strangely high fishing skills)
A little over a year now - i started in January '09
Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
This is my main. I play every day just about - if only just to do the daily quests. Its unusual if i am not online every day though usually.

What's your guild history? Are you in a guild right now? Are you leaving that guild because of some drama you caused? Cause one thing we really don't want is drama... No, you say? Then why are you leaving?

I started in Battered Axe - i left because i wanted to start raiding seriously.
Fel Marines for about 6 months - i left due to a Guild Leader change with associated policy changes.
Drop Dead for a very brief period - dissolved when half the members moved server
Renatus Vir - about a week ago to present. Leaving the guild due to unfriendly people and treatment. Plus a fairly immature member base.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. Gorgonoth, Kobo

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
I would like to think i have a number of roles. DPS is the primary - however i always make sure i bring fish feasts to raids i attend and also try to contribute to tactic discussions, discussions on performance etc. Although i use recount etc - I am much more interested in peoples view of my performance generally.

What's your PvE experience like?
I have experience of Ulduar10/25, TOC10/25, ICC10 (up to Rotface)
also.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
I spent most of my hunter career as a survival hunter - but since the patch made MM DPS the highest available i respecced to give raids i join the best help i can. I will always have BM as my offspec as i enjoy 'collecting' rare exotic pets.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
Various places - I have found HuntersUnion probably the most helpful though. I have gained a lot from asking more experienced hunters in-game for advice

Obviously you're here for the awesome PvE, but this being an RP realm, and us lot being total nerds, indulge us: end your application with a short biography, in-character note to the officers, or other story or statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.
Schizont although raised in a very ordinary way amongst her kin always felt something was lacking inside herself. Some finalising factor was always out of reach. So for as long as she can remember the urge to strive and complete endless tasks has gnawed away inside her mind. Whether its to search the lands for months at a time hunting an elusive creature or recovering long-lost relics for an ancient race - completion is the only option. Only time will judge whether the missing piece in her soul will be found.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.

Only just to mention my other passions in the game beside raiding - i love collecting companions, fishing and am an avid achievement hunter.

2010 Jan 30 (Sat) 11:42 pm
Former Member

Post Re: Schizont - MM hunter
2 things from me,

1. Use the colour code to make this more readable

But...

2. I've spent many hours with Schizont since The Battered Axe and its safe to say that Schizont is a really good hunter. He got my vote :)

2010 Jan 30 (Sat) 11:52 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Cambridge!?

/Gasp

2010 Jan 31 (Sun) 12:02 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
A couple of quick questions on your gemming choices: I notice you've gemmed primarily for armor penetration and hit rating. While spreadsheet models and simulations have in the past suggested armor penetration is superior to agility for marsksmanship hunters, this is only true for a very high amount of arpen--somewhere around the hard cap--and in extremely stationary fights (think Patchwerk); additionally, the benefit is further reduced if the hunter in question isn't extremely good at managing his movement, minimizing the number of lost autoshots and steady shots (I would refer you to this article: http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/2010/01/mm-hunter-armor-pen-build/). I also notice you've lost available gem slots to hit rating gems, instead of just relying on gear for that stat. Essentially, my question boils down to: why this choice of gems? What are you doing to get the most out of an armor penetration build? Would you consider stacking agility instead?

Your gear is generally quite good, but do you have any immediate plans to replace your cloak and neck item?

2010 Jan 31 (Sun) 12:25 am

The gemming looks a little odd i'll admit - i was forced into it as a temporary measure after gaining an upgrade chest item and losing my hit cap. I felt the hitcap was probably more important at least in the short term until i start acquiring t10 items with enough hit rating on them to allow better gems.
With the armour penetration - I read up on it as much as possible, including the article linked, and once I had the scorpion trinket it became much easier to approach the hardcap. admittedly this occurs when the trinket procs - but currently when this happens armour reduction is over 90%. again with t10 gear mostly giving added armour penetration i will be able to re-gem with agility whenever possible.

The weaker items i have are an ongoing mission for me at the moment - i recently upgraded both my trinkets (from darkmoon:greatness and pyrite infuser). I try to prioritise the lesser gear whenever i can to try to raise it as a whole - so i will be looking now to replace them when i can.

Hope this helps.

2010 Jan 31 (Sun) 2:07 pm
Officer (Retired)

Hey Dan,

This all sounds very good. I have just a few more general questions before we proceed:

• Note our raid times/days. How many of these do you see yourself signing up for in a usual week?
    • What are your expectations about the number of times you get drafted? What does it mean for you to be put on standby?
    • How do you feel about 10- vs. 25-player raids, and what are your expectations about being able to do each?

2010 Jan 31 (Sun) 6:41 pm

hey again.

I would be able to sign up for all three official raid slots - my last two guilds have had almost exactly the same times so i am used to them. I am generally available in the evenings so this isn't a problem.

Being put on standby is also not a problem for me - I have been part of a standby system for quite a while (in the Fel Marines) and realise that its a part of being in a raiding guild. As dps its been my experience in the past that there is generally a need to rotate places (especially in 10 man) so again I don't think its a problem.

As for 10 man vs 25 man - I have far more experience with 10 man raiding simply because of the makeup of players in the guilds i have previously been a part of. I have been on 25 man raids (mainly pugs or combined guild runs) and understand the need for different tactics and responsibilities that being in a 25 man raid requires. I would like to gain more experience in 25 man raiding since I enjoy challenges generally in-game. I am hoping that I would be helpful to the guild in progressing into 25 man raids in ICC.

Look forward to hearing from you.

2010 Feb 01 (Mon) 12:22 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Kobo and I did some heroics with this chap, polite, patient, knows his stuff (oh and good dps ;)). Good stuffs!

Sav. 8-)

2010 Feb 01 (Mon) 12:44 am
Officer (Retired)

Good enough for me! Accepted for trial. Whisper Thórva/Thoradiel, Ekhan/Varonar, Zalmoxis, Nimoe, or Kainé for a ginvite.

2010 Feb 01 (Mon) 1:03 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]