NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 10 (Fri) 3:47 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
Accepted — Jahnrix - Troll Hunter 
Former Member

Post Accepted — Jahnrix - Troll Hunter
NAME: Jahnrix ai Zuiljariz
Race/Class: Troll Hunter
Main Spec: Marksman (7/57/7)
Primary Professions: Engineering, Mining
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... cn=Jahnrix
Fishing Skill: 129

What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Anton I'm from Goteborg Sweden

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.231 ^^ 22 ^^ 321

How long have you been playing WoW? (may also help explain strangely high fishing skills)
I've been playin since release , yes I has the panda pet ;)

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.

Yes this is my main.

I play on this character everytime I log on wow , atleast 2 hours / day.

I've got a DK tank/dps that creates jewels and enchants for this character. And a Shaman providing bags and frosties.

What's your guild history? Are you in a guild right now? Are you leaving that guild because of some drama you caused? Cause one thing we really don't want is drama... No, you say? Then why are you leaving?

When I first entered the world of warcraft I was a member of WWN(Worldofwar.net)'s european guild. I played a dwarf paladin on Alliance side on Stormscale, raiding mc very early.
Later when RP-PvP was released I wanted to try horde and played on Ravenholdt, and raided as hunter class leader through mc,zg,bwl ( can't remember the guild name). But at the same time I played in a really cool RP guild called Vassild Family ( undeads only) The guild not big but it was really good RP amongst the members.
At the end of vanilla I was tired of the situation on Ravenholdt. I had some friends on Ravenholdt whom had their alts on alliance side on Scarshield legion, so I joined SIXXV ( stormwind secret service) as a gnome rogue. The guild eventually split up but it was a really nice concept! Many of the ex members in SI XXV including myself joined the Crimson Eagles.
I don't recall exactly the chains of events at this stage but I believe that I took a break from wow, and returned shortly of after the release of TBC at which I joined a RP guild called 4th Legacy, a great guild! Most of 4th legacy joined Echoes of Lordaeron a raiding guild, where I played a shaman class leader from karazhan to the end of TK.
I also raided as rogue but mainly as shaman ( I still regret creating the ugly goat shaman =/ )
Mid TBC some of my irl friends started to play here on Defias so I had an alt here and we started the guild here on defias Fear the Zhevra and did co op 25 man raids with Delirium, Secret Society, 13th regiment( I believe).
Fear the zhevra has been the base of operations since then up til the release of Trial of the Crusade when I joined Decimate the Weak and cleared toc 10/25 and tocgc 10 and some parts of ulduar, my role in Decimate was ranged class leader and I mostly raided as elemental/restoration shaman and dk tank.
After a break I returned(from early november - mid december) and it was more and less disbanded. Since then I've been hanging out with Origin/ doing pugs.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.

Jiander - holy/prot paladin currently in Isis , irl friend we've played toghter since tbc.

Thomps - hunter in Vengeance on Kul tiras. Also old friend.

Snoe - resto shaman in The Hungering Cold, we started playin during mid tbc, he's an ex member of Fear the Zhevra.

Moxiecore - resto druid in Execute on The maelstrom, also a part of the Fear the zhevra team and joined Decimate the weak, raided as healer class leader.

Astrall - priest in Origin, friend that I met in decimate the weak.

Cadeau - warlock in carpe omnius , is my gf since many years back.

Lensy - mage in carpe omnius , cad's sister.

I could make the list longer but I think this is enough.

Don't think I know anyone in the guild to I know I've seen the name Kallbrand many times before.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?

My Role as a hunter is to boost the tanks aggro whenever I can and cc "loose" adds and top the damage out put while trying to take as little damage as I can without loosing damage done.
How I judge my performance is different on each encounter. on Lord Jara in tocgc 10 I want to switch swiftly to the portals when they spawn and nuke down the adds then back to the boss, changing to Surv for the fight isn't a bad idea as it gives me a shorter ramp then Marksman.
Another sign of doing a good job is getting the boss killed.

What's your PvE experience like?
I think I mentioned most of this in the guild history description =/
Vanilla - naxx
TBC - Sunwell pre patch.
Wotlk - general and algalon and some hardmodes and blood wing in icc.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.

The MM specc is a armor pen specc.
while my Surv specc needs to be re done as I haven't used since leveling, as it doesn't scale well with armorpen which is what I've built my gear around.
I have a survival gearset though it's not complete

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
The jerks forum, warcrafthuntersunion.com european and american forums. and some bloggs.

A short rp story.

Jahnrix was born into a tribe filled with warriors, his father was an axe thrower and later became a known berserker.
Their hut was decorated with human, dwarf and night elf skulls there was even a little stuffed and embalmed Gnome at the entrence.
The tribe was exposed to lethal threats from the filthy alliance in the whom frequently did raids in the area for the copper and gold veins in the mountains.
Still there was much love amongst the tribe members and Jahnrix family wasn't an exception! His mother Areilza was the leader of the camps defences while the men were out protecting the outerborders
aka doing their own raids against the alliance camps in the area.
So Jahnrix grew up much on his own and he spent alot of time watching the animals of the area, he even tried to speak to them.
As the time went on and the tension between the horde and the alliance Jahnrix parents went into the cattle business and gathered a small herd of zhevras, Jahnrix was often incharge of protecting the herd.
He was often sent out with the zhevras on pasturage during the dry season.
On a late night when he was near the borders of Stonetalon mountains he heard a growl in the distance, which made him jump up from his slumber and grab his staff. The growl came closer and when he heard it again he felt the sorrow of the animal.
He went out in the dark away from his camp fire, sneaking slowly in the pitch dark against this unknown beast. As he heard the steps comming closer and closer he felt the rush of adrenaline when and hid behind a rock formation. The beast growled as a cold breeze from the mountains ran through the valley.
The growl left his sense unworried, this was no threat he thought. And then a twig snatched near him, he raised his staff went and jumped out from his hiding! As he hurled the staff against the beast he got a shock! It was not a big beast infront of him it was small tiger cub. The tip of the staff seconds away from crushing the cubs skull.
He held the cub infront of him and the moon sparkled in the cubs dark eyes, he said: I be callin ya Findus. He didn't know what to do with it so he brought it back to the camp fire tryin to find something to feed it with.

Eversince that night Jahnrix was no longer alone.
When the time came they did the great trial of the hunt toghter and Jahnrix was accepted as a hunter in the tribe.
Many many years have passed since that but you can still find them hunting kodo's and zhevras near the oasis in the barrens.

The bio of Jahnrix is a wall of text I shall spare you from but as he grew the world around him changed he was a highly ranked hunter with his hut near the halls of Thrall for many years.
Earing the title of Blood guard Jahnrix has proven himself worthy time and time again!
(( aka I can write more but I don't want to wall text ))

Thanks for reading, regards Jahnrix and Findus.

2010 Feb 01 (Mon) 2:24 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Post Re: Jahnrix - Troll Hunter
Hey Jahnrix,

Thank you for a very well-written and substantively strong application. I hope Nimoe and Ekhan will engage you a little bit on some class questions, but here are mine:

- What's the support role of a hunter in a raid? You don't buff (except situationally), but no class is charged with selfish DPS meterwhoring. What do hunters bring to the table?

- We require people to come flasked to our raids, and the guild usually provides fish. Of the available consumables, which will you be using?

2010 Feb 01 (Mon) 4:34 pm
Former Member

Thanks for the reply

Thórva wrote:
- What's the support role of a hunter in a raid? You don't buff (except situationally), but no class is charged with selfish DPS meterwhoring. What do hunters bring to the table?

I bring control and tank help. I help tanks to pick up spawning adds with mis direct and keep adds under control with my traps aswell as kiting and fearing beasts. The buff we bring aimed shot, trueshot aura, hunters mark, sting also replenishement(in surv specc) wyvern sting (surv also).
The hunter role has changed alot since vanilla I remeber being the main puller in the raids, we pet pulled ofcourse! But the ccing traps are still very useful at many encounters.

Thórva wrote:
- We require people to come flasked to our raids, and the guild usually provides fish. Of the available consumables, which will you be using?

I'd drink Flask of endless rage and I'd eat blackened dragonfin or hearty rhino. Also a haste potion when it fits.

// signed J & F .

2010 Feb 01 (Mon) 8:05 pm
Former Member

Hello Jahnrix, nice to see that you applied =)

Right now I have only one question. I wonder what made you gem arp?

Nim

2010 Feb 02 (Tue) 11:41 am
Former Member

Right now I have only one question. I wonder what made you gem arp?

That is a good question.

I'm just testing it out since I have engineering I move pretty quick hence getting more time standing still hence more steady shots.
I'm farming for the Banner of Victory trinket and Needle encrusted scorpion which will make the arp gemming more valuable.
I'm abit from the hard cap with what I have now but I want to try and see the impact on my damage.

But I'm regemming it soon gathering mats to level up my jewelcrafting atm ;)

2010 Feb 02 (Tue) 1:50 pm
Former Member

I have talked to you ingame and you seem nice and not lost. You have my vote.

2010 Feb 03 (Wed) 11:01 am
Officer (Retired)

Accepted for trial. Thórva, Ekhan, Zalmoxis, Nimoe, or Kainé can ginvite you when you're ready.

2010 Feb 03 (Wed) 11:26 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]