NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 10 (Fri) 5:21 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Declined: Sillo - Tauren Warrior Arms Spec 

Post Declined: Sillo - Tauren Warrior Arms Spec
Name: Sillo
Race/Class: Tauren Warrior
Main Spec: Arms
Primary Professions: Mining
Armory Link: http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Defias+Brotherhood&cn=Sillo

What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Ian and I'm from Sweden.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
10 9+

How long have you been playing WoW?
Since summer of 2007 I think.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
This is my main, I mostly play this character as much as I feel like it. I got some alts, all on Alliance side of the server tho, no serious alts.

What's your guild history? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?
I played afew guilds on Alliance side pre-wotlk and progressed up to sunwell befor guild splittet then I joined Northstar and stayed in there until I moved to Horde side afew days ago.
Can't recall any names of guilds I was in at the moment.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
Lortex, only one you need to ask ^^.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
I play for fun not for wins, so good job or not I always tend to bring the best out of it.

What's your PvE experience like?
Farmed MC, BWL, Onyxia and AQ20/40 pre-tbc, farmed up to sunwell pre-wotlk and in wotlk its been alittle raids here and there, not toc or icc yet tho. Mostly HC and random raids.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
I just try to put my points in what I gain most damage from, and skip things I don't generally use. I'm not much of a "reader" or whatever, so I mostly go with my feelings when I spec.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
If I want something explained to me, I use google always. Don't have any favorite sites to gain information.

End your application with a short biography, in-character note to the officers, or other story or statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.
I love raiding, more than anything in World of Warcraft. Pre-TBC I was an officer in a very successful guild, and very much respected in the guild and on the server.
When I raid, I bring my A-game always, 100% if you may.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
Think theres not much more to tell. If you want to know something, just ask :)

2010 Feb 04 (Thu) 6:34 am
Former Member

Post Re: Sillo - Tauren Warrior Arms Spec
Welcome Sillo,

Two things from me, are you currently farming heroics to be geared up for Icecrown Citadel, 10 man at least? And I noticed on both specs, you have no shoulders and head enchantments, are you also farming for reputations?

2010 Feb 04 (Thu) 11:17 am
Former Member

Class: Warrior
Greetings Sillo!
As you probably know, You always have my support, It would be awesome to have you in the path.

But, As Kobo stated, You have some work to do when it comes to the gear. Farming heroics, Getting the rep enchants and all that, I gladly help you out with that, When I have the spare time of course!
At the moment, I dont have anything else to ask, Expect for the questions that Kobo gave you. I might figure something out during the day.
Other than that, I know that you can behave and you are a hillarious person, And I belive you would contribute in a good way to the guild.

Best luck to you mate!

2010 Feb 04 (Thu) 1:47 pm
Former Member

Hey Sillo. Welcome to the Horde.

You are in rp-pvp realm instead of normal or plain pvp realm. How this does effect to your game play if it does?

2010 Feb 04 (Thu) 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
As Narushka mentions, we do play on an RP realm, and the RP section of the application is not optional.

Additionally, while I appreciate the attitude of not taking the game too seriously, I'd like to hear a little more from you in terms of your role in raids; what shouts and other buffs do you like to use, and why? What do you think your class brings to the table in a raidthat, say, a rogue or paladin does not?

Certainly one pays th monthly subscription fee to have fun in-game and not do a lot of homewor, bt there's a wealt of useful information out there, onplaces like the official forums and Elitist Jerks that can help you to play your class better. Would you consider reading up on your class in order to get the most out of it?

Honstly, I'd also like to see you get a second, crafting profession and make some progress to leveling it to 450; the benefits high-level professions bring to raids and the guild shouldn't be underestimated.

2010 Feb 04 (Thu) 5:12 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Sillo (and Ekhan),

We recently changed some of the wording on some of the questions slightly, and in the version of the application you filled out, it was a little ambiguous as to what we wanted for the RP section. This is our bad.

What we're looking for is this (which is the new version of the question):

Quote:
Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.

So if you could post an answer along those lines, we would be grateful.

2010 Feb 04 (Thu) 5:16 pm

Quote:
Welcome Sillo,

Two things from me, are you currently farming heroics to be geared up for Icecrown Citadel, 10 man at least? And I noticed on both specs, you have no shoulders and head enchantments, are you also farming for reputations?

Hello Kobo,

Yes I am farming heroics and join afew raid here and there to get the gear needed for higher instances (ICC for examle).

As for the enchantments, I have to admit thats kind of my biggest weakness. I'm not much of a rep-grinding kind of guy, but if it is expected for me to get the rep needed for enchantments I will get it.

Quote:
Hey Sillo. Welcome to the Horde.

You are in rp-pvp realm instead of normal or plain pvp realm. How this does effect to your game play if it does?

Hello Narushka and thank you,

I don't think it affects me much. I'm not much of a RP player myself. I don't look for RP items and I'm not much into that, I guess I just kind of ended up here because of friends that wanted me to join.

Sure, if someone comes and ask me a question as RP, I answer him in RP. I don't mind other people doing it and I don't interupt them if they do.

Hope this answers your question :).

Quote:
As Narushka mentions, we do play on an RP realm, and the RP section of the application is not optional.

Additionally, while I appreciate the attitude of not taking the game too seriously, I'd like to hear a little more from you in terms of your role in raids; what shouts and other buffs do you like to use, and why? What do you think your class brings to the table in a raidthat, say, a rogue or paladin does not?

Certainly one pays th monthly subscription fee to have fun in-game and not do a lot of homewor, bt there's a wealt of useful information out there, onplaces like the official forums and Elitist Jerks that can help you to play your class better. Would you consider reading up on your class in order to get the most out of it?

Honstly, I'd also like to see you get a second, crafting profession and make some progress to leveling it to 450; the benefits high-level professions bring to raids and the guild shouldn't be underestimated.

Hello Ekhan,

Well I usually go with whatever shout benefits the raid the most. Say there are two warriors in the raid, if he does Battle Shout I do Commanding Shout and vise verse. I'll always bring flask/pots and food to the raids, mostly strength/sta food and flask of endless rage flask, but sometimes I mix potions if I benefit more from getting say, crit. In raids I bring (speaking as arms spec now) melee benefitting debuffs, BS/CS (extra AP/health yaaay!).

Of course I can investigate in how to make my gameplay better.

I guess you are talking about my JC, been on it for days to level it but haven't done it yet. I was recently Blacksmith but switched to JC instead so haven't had the time to grind up the mats (and they cost alot of $$$$ on the AH).

Quote:
Sillo (and Ekhan),

We recently changed some of the wording on some of the questions slightly, and in the version of the application you filled out, it was a little ambiguous as to what we wanted for the RP section. This is our bad.

What we're looking for is this (which is the new version of the question):

Quote:
Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.

So if you could post an answer along those lines, we would be grateful.

Hello Thórva,

As written above I don't really RP, even if we are playing on an RP-PvP server so, unfortunately, I have no RP stories or statments to tell.

If you are looking for a RP player rather then a non-RP player, then I guess I will not fit into the guild. But I hope its more of a plus side then a requirement :).

And as for Lortex, WEF! :D

Yours sincerely, Sillo.

2010 Feb 04 (Thu) 5:57 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Hey Ian,

I'm going to take a little longer than usual to explain our reasoning for this, because I don't want to send you the wrong message. Thank you for taking the time to apply, but we can't accept you on the basis of this application. However, both because Lortex has vouched for your good social qualities—something we value—and because the application presents a picture of someone who has good attitude in some important areas, I want to encourage you to apply again when the time is right.

Some indicators of when this time has arrived will be:
    • The gear auditor site of your choice shows you ready for at least IC-10
    • All of your items have best-in-slot enchants and epic gems in them
    • Some basic evidence that you've done a little checking about the theorycraft for your class. This doesn't have to be anything major, we just want to know that you check your own personal judgements against what other DPS warriors out there think. We all have something to learn.
    • An RP section. Flipping through other threads here will show that we're pretty relaxed about the content of this, but a disclaimer about your aversion to RP is not gonna cut it. Roleplaying is not mandatory by any means here, but a minimal conception of your character's history and personality is.

Good luck out there and I hope to see you again here in the future.

2010 Feb 04 (Thu) 6:32 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]