NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 02 (Thu) 7:27 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Declined: App. Aeacides 

Post Declined: App. Aeacides
Name: Aeacides
Race/Class: Blood Elf / Priest
Main Spec: Shadow
Primary Professions: Mining 450 - Inscription 130ish
Armory Link:

What's your name and where are you from?Lews, England

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation 20 years old

How long have you been playing WoW? Round about a year

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts Yes, this is my main. I also have a level 80 Death Knight, a level 70 Hunter and a level 50 Shaman

What's your guild history? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild? I was in Primus, but they merged with Renatus Vir so I decided to apply to you guys, for a change of scenery.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. Moraduial

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? Err, usually a DPS, pretty good with tactics. Though I don't consider it my place to judge on how well I am doing.

What's your PvE experience like? Pretty good, Done everthing upto ICC10/25. Done Festergut in 25.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. I chose my specs as I saw fit. Anything I could do to improve DPS.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game? I just google it, if I need assistance. I can't provide any links given that I don't remember the sites as such.

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application. I've done a few of your 25mans as a PuG, usually on my DK though.

Color by Technithórva

2010 Feb 16 (Tue) 8:18 pm

Post Re: App. Aeacides
Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.;

Realised I didn't fill this part in, and I am sorry.

Aeacides is a psychotic son of a Kael'Thas supporter. He doesn't get on with many people as such, except for a troll named Eztli whom he rescued from being hanged by soldiers of the Alliance on a prison ship. There's not much more that can be said about him, aside from the fact he is cruel and manipulative.

Once again, I am sorry for not filling this in on the initial application.

Color by René Thórgritte

2010 Feb 16 (Tue) 8:29 pm
Former Member

Obviously I'm going to vouch for this application, Aea is a good raider and fun to play with (not to mention that without him, our dearest Kooboomoo wouldn't have his love rocket). He didn't quite completely fill in the people he's met from the guild section, though, quite a few of you have met him boosting me through TBC raids and doing the Apothecary trio once or twice. Best of luck! <3

2010 Feb 16 (Tue) 8:33 pm

Another thing I forgot (Armory Link); http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Aeacides

My memory's not looking good, forgive me.

2010 Feb 16 (Tue) 9:37 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Right. This is a pretty weak application, given that you haven't written a lot for us to work with, but you are Icecrown-geared (at least for 10-man normal), so I'll reserve judgement for now. What will happen, I hope, is that Narushka dumps a ton of class-based questions on you. If you can show us that you have potential, we will consider whether to make a spot for you in our DPS lineup, so please take the time to answer them to the very best of your ability.

EDIT: if you're having trouble logging in, it's because I've changed your username.

2010 Feb 16 (Tue) 11:47 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
I've indeed met him a few times, looks like a great guy. He's got manners and a sense of humor ;)

Can't say much about his spec or gear because hey, I'm a mage! Handing this one over to our lovely priests.

Sav. 8-)

2010 Feb 16 (Tue) 11:48 pm
Former Member

Hey Lews, and thank you for applying.

I'd like to ask some additional questions since your application wasn't very informative, even when it gave the main points.

Your glyphs and spec are perfect, tho I'm bit considered about your gear. It's on ICC-10 levels by gearpoints. Slightly, and way over the hitcap, but there. That won't be a major problem if you can convince us that you're a man for the job.

-What specific pieces of gear you're after? Meaning the stuff that's update for you, and you can easily obtain them at current way of gaming, and time spent in game? (Ignoring the droprates)

-Could you tell me why you've choosed the gems you're using? You have pretty mixed up collection there. I'm also curious about your cloak and boot enchants, why you've chosed these specific enchants and gems over the BiS ones?

-Have you checked our raiding times and days? How do they seem to fit for you? How often you think you'd be able to raid/week and how long you're able to stay? Parent agro? GF agro? ;)

-Could you give me an example about your spell rotation / priorities? Also mention the addons wich you use to maximize your dps if you use any priest/caster addons to help you perform better.

2010 Feb 16 (Tue) 11:59 pm
Profile WWW

Specific pieces of gear? Well, neck and boots are lowest so I'd start with them. But I'm interested in gradually improving it all.

As for gems, the ones with hit are still there from when I dinged 80, my PC died so I was away for three months and haven't gotten round to replacing just yet. The others were the best I could afford at the time.

Enchants, again with boots I'm pretty sure I wasn't capped with hit when I got them, and I figured I'd conserve gold by replacing the boots that need replacing. Two birds, one stone. Cloak is similar story, except that I used to heal, so that'd explain that enchant.

Raid times? Well, I'll be brutally honest here; I have no life. I am ALWAYS free. I can make it anytime I'm needed. Though, I do like to level my plethora of alts too, eventually they can perhaps assist your raids ;D

Rotations usually Vamp touch, devouring plague, mind flay (Til shadow weaving stacks 5 times) then SW:P mind flay, mind blast, rinse and repeat.

I don't use any addons to assist my play, too many addons cause lag. So I generally only use the necessary addons, Recount, Omen and DBM.

2010 Feb 17 (Wed) 12:22 am

Also, Thorv. Cheers for changing my username, I thought I could've changed it in profile. Assumed the previous one was just a sign in name ;D

2010 Feb 17 (Wed) 12:24 am
Former Member

I'll vouch for him, if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have my big love rocket! (That always sounds dirty when you say it)

2010 Feb 17 (Wed) 1:53 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next