NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 02 (Thu) 1:27 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to pagePrevious  1, 2
Declined: App. Aeacides 
Former Member

Post Re: App. Aeacides
Thank you for your answers. I have one last question: What are your primary stats as shadow priest, after you're hit capped? Intellect, spirit, spellpower, crit, haste. You can put all these 5 into order from most important to least important, and give PP values if you have idea about them.

2010 Feb 17 (Wed) 12:26 pm
Profile WWW

Personally I've got to say; SP, Haste, Crit, Spirit (I put spirit before int, as a priest it gives SP and MP5) then Int. But that's personal preference. As for PP values, I won't pretend to know them. I did see a chart once, that gave values of certain stats etc. I can't quite remember but I think in order from highest to lowest was; Hit (until cap, obviously) SP, Crit, Haste, Spirit then Int. I can't pretend to remember the exact value of each, but I do kind of remember the chart.

2010 Feb 17 (Wed) 1:15 pm
Former Member

Looking for information and reading class forums & sites isn't a shame :) Not knowing isn't a shame. But not knowing and "cba to look information" is. You don't need to do all the theorycrafting yourself from the beginning, since it has been done for you already. And you don't need to memorize all the details and numbers (I don't do that either, and almost every big patch does a major change to some important detail, so there's no use to memorize them by force). As long as you got the basics and follow them, and know where to look answers for questions you might have, you're standing on your own feet pretty steadily.
There's so many great sources, wich help us to develope our characters and gameplay, all you need to do is go, read and learn and keep your information updated. The shadow priest community is very active and helpful, even when we might seem bit elitistic *coughs and looks away*

There's few things I'd personally like you to develope before I vouch you on the item-consumables and knowledge part. In the other parts I trust my guild mates experiences about you as a person :twisted: I don't know if the head of the guild requires you to make new application (my vote is just one drop on the sea). We'll see. If they require that, I hope to see you answer to the questions bit more comprehensive, since biggest lack in your application is the minimum time spent to it. Even when there's friends who can vouch you, consider this as job application. You need to insure that you're the guy we want for the job :)

Anyways, here's something you can think about:
-Find better alternatives for your cloak and boot enchants.
-Recheck your gems. Are the socket bonuses really worth of aiming? You decide ofcourse. But if you aim to the top, checking the excact PP values comes handy in here.
-Look for class specific addons that help you in raiding. There's some must addons for shadow priests that boost your dps, most of them are very light addons wich shouldn't effect roughly to your lag issues.
-Read about your spellrotation and especially about the "first round", how do you build the dps up as fast as possible for maximizing the dps. The basic boss-pewpew-rotation you have is correct, but since trash is squishy nowdays you need to adjust the rotation a bit.
-And ofcourse update your gear as much as possible to item level 232+

I've done with my questioning. Maybe some other people have more questions about raiding generally, guild activities etc. Good luck with your application :mrgreen:

2010 Feb 17 (Wed) 3:52 pm
Profile WWW

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to look things up should I require assistance. I just don't make note of the sites. I only briefly learned of PP before my PC died, for three months. As for gems, they will get replaced, but they'll be bought with honour as I can't say I'm a rich player ;D Boot/Cloak enchants will be replaced ASAP.

2010 Feb 17 (Wed) 4:38 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Hey Lews,

Numerous members of the Path have vouched for your good nature and, uh, fun-guy-ness, and I take their recommendations very seriously. However, if we recruit new members, they need to be people who are prepared to jump straight into mid-Icecrown progress with us. That requires not just gear, but a curiosity and engagement with one's class and spec and with raid tactics in general that I'm afraid this application doesn't reflect.

This is by no means a permanent "No never come back here again." If in the future you decide that you want to dedicate yourself a bit more to raiding, feel free to come poke us again.

2010 Feb 17 (Wed) 10:34 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to pagePrevious  1, 2