NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 02 (Thu) 2:30 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
Accepted: Gloore, Tauren Shaman 
Former Member

Class: Shaman
Post Accepted: Gloore, Tauren Shaman
Name: Gloore
Race/Class: Shaman
Main Spec: Elemental
Primary Professions: Enchanting/Herbalist
Armory
Link:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Defias+Brotherhood&cn=Gloore

What's your name and where are you from? Max from
Sweden

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse
Polish Notation.
5 6 9 4 + 2 - (probably)

How long have you been playing WoW? Since the end
of vanilla

Is this your main? How often do you play this character?
Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.

Yes, this is my main!, it's the only character I play. I do have a
hunter he's level 68 haven't touched him since tbc.

What's your guild history? Why did you leave / are you
leaving your current or previous guild?

I've been in two guilds, most recently Seal of Damnation. Left it because i was taking a break from WoW.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with
in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or
IRL, mention that here also.

Jahnrix in path. Cadeau, Spinnerette, Jiander as references, irl friends and old guildies.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether
you're doing a good job or not?

dps, interupt and dispel. On simple bossfights i look at dps-meters. In more difficult fights i belive ive done my part if we clear the boss and ive fullfilled my role.

What's your PvE experience like?
Raided a bit in TBC, done naxx, bit of ulduar and toc 10/25

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your
current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why
you spent your talent points the way you did.

Some trial and error, spent some time at elitist jerks, worked with them with Janhrix shaman alt.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the
game?

Elitist jerks

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short
in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or
other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more
appreciated than length or content, and this section is not
optional.

Gloore was born about twenty years before the first war, in a tribe of wandering tauren. Learning the arts of shamanism from the tribe elder, gloore fougt alongside the orcs during the war. After learning of the demonic influences he left the orcs and lived as a loner until the start of the third war where he again took up arms, but this time against the scourge. The whole of his tribe were wiped out by an undead warband, and because of this Gloore greatiy mistrust the undead, even the forsaken. For some time he was adventuring in the Outlands alongside other heroes, but grew weary. After spending a year in the outlands, Gloore longed for his homeworld and went back through the portal, only to find a crusade in the making. Now he travels Northrend again battling the scourge, seeking revenge for his family.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd
like us to know about your application.

2010 Feb 19 (Fri) 3:36 am
Former Member

Class: Death Knight
Post Re: Gloore, Tauren Shaman
Thanks for your application Gloore. I expect most people are in bed right now (3:24 as I write this), but there'll be plenty of comments here in no time, I'm sure. I'm not a Shaman expert, but I like what I've seen here, I'm guessing you've recently started playing again, and you're clearly working on the new badge gear, as the items and achievements show.

Two elemental specs? That's dedication!

I...can't really think of much to ask. No doubt someone will though. Best of luck with the application.

(Yay for more Taurens applying!)

2010 Feb 19 (Fri) 4:28 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Tauren? Check! (free burgers for the other half of the guild) Elemental pewpew-ramp up our casters' dps- spec? Check! Spelling? Check! Gear and knowledge? Check!

All we need now is the opinion of someone who's actually played a shaman in the past year and we're set 8-)

2010 Feb 19 (Fri) 12:51 pm
Former Member

Greetings Max and thank you for applying.

Your application seems fine. Also your (first) spec is done right with all the rules of art. Also the glyphs are like they should be. Tho I'm curious about your two almost similiar specs. Why you've ended up with this desicion? Second spec doesn't seem to be pure pvp one either.

Your gear is ok, tho I'm wondering why staff instead of mainhand and shield? Survavibility is the one part that is great on shamans, so I don't see why you should compromize this with wearing a staff instead. I also personally wouldn't go after cloth and leather items in general basis. Ofcourse one piece isn't catastrophical, but I hope you understand that in guild runs the loot priorities goes with main armor calsses, both weapons and armor :)

I'm also curious about your gem and metagem choises. Why this metagem instead of bis gem for casters? How about stacking SP? Oh and your cloak enchant could need some kind of update too.

And last, about the raiding generally. How much time you're able to spend playing and especially raiding? Have you checked our raid times, do they fit for you? Is there some kind of IRL-stuff effecting heavily to your playtime that we should know about, parent-agro, gf-agro etc? ;)
How would you describe yourself as raider? What's your attitude towards raiding and people who you raid with? You can also tell how do you prepare for a raid.

Anyways. Careful thumbs up from me. You're not maybe ready to the progression runs yet, but the first wing is ready for you.

Good luck with your application!

Last edited by Narushka on 2010 Feb 19 (Fri) 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2010 Feb 19 (Fri) 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Former Member

Class: Shaman
The second specc was a pvp testing specc, didnt work out, respeccing to enhancement when i've built a new talent tree.

TI've got a staff atm because the stat improvement is so much greater then my 1h dagger, having had problems finding a new one. Have the toc25 shield lying around waiting for a new dagger.

Changing metagem when it get my hand on one, they were out of stock in AH.

Have no problems with raiding, studying at the moment, livling with a friend, and i have no girlfriend. And as you suspected i've just started playing again.

Thanks for the answers, hoping to see you soon.

/Max

2010 Feb 19 (Fri) 2:24 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
We can probably help with everything except the girlfriend part.

You are indeed a cow of few words, but the substance does seem to be there. And we promise not to love you only for your Elemental Oath.

Accepted for trial; whisper me, Ekhan, Zalmoxis, Nimoe, Marrowchill, or Kainé for a ginvite, and check your PMs on this forum for more information about what to expect over the next four to six weeks.

2010 Feb 19 (Fri) 5:15 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]