NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 02 (Thu) 12:48 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to pagePrevious  1, 2
Accepted: Application Cadeau, Destruction Warlock 
Former Member

Post Re: Application Cadeau, Destruction Warlock
Hey. Thanks for the application.

Could you tell me bit about your attitude towards roleplaying and additional server rules? Are you part of the RP community even as random roleplayer? Your character background was nice, even when it was bit.. unique if I should say. Also you naming a character "Chickenwing" is something that drawed my attention.

After you've fix some enchant and gemming issues wich Zalmoxis has propably broughet up, your application seems ok. And plus points from being a forsaken instead of bloody elf!

Good luck!

2010 Feb 23 (Tue) 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
Former Member

Class: Warrior
I was just about to ask these question my self, but Narushka was a bit faster.

I did react on Chickenwing myself, But I dont know, If its an unserious alt overall, that basicly will never grow, I'll guess that is allright, But then we are afterall on an RP-Realm.

Overall, I think the application looks awesome, I am not a warlock my self, But I do got an alt, and the stuff I thought about have already been mentioned.

Thanks for dropping in!
//Lortex Son of Lortharion

2010 Feb 23 (Tue) 1:15 pm
Former Member

Ive done my fair share of RPing, its a fun thing to do when u have time on your hands. Nowadays though, the only rp gatherings ive seen so far are often belf exclusive, or maybe i just hang out with the wrong people. I even have some old clothie stuff from my lvl 20 days that i think looks cool saved up in the bank if there would be a special event for Cad to go to.

As for Chickenwing, i dont see any problems with that name. Taurens often have realitybased names just like the indians and as for Chickenwing (who will become a moonkin) it will be a part of his rp story.

All the names of my characters have an rp story and meaning. How RP are your names?

2010 Feb 23 (Tue) 4:13 pm
Former Member

Class: Warrior
Post *facepalm*
Cadeau wrote:
Nowadays though, the only rp gatherings ive seen so far are often belf exclusive

Sorry, couldn't resist. But all in all - a nice application =)

2010 Feb 23 (Tue) 5:16 pm
Profile ICQ
Former Member

Without trying to be hostile or anything.

You can always "make up story" for a name, no matter how stupid it is, but does it make things more acceptable? I've seen all kind of stuff on my time, while exploring and while reading applications from several rp and pve guilds. I'd still consider the name very very carefully since what you mean and what people see are different. I'm pretty sure very few people have "ooh, that's some funny roleplayer" as their first tought when they see person with name that can be considered as OOC. Mostly because of the ooc-spaceraping-monkeys with suspicious names, wich have flooded the realm for years now, certain kind of names have become pretty forbidden. If it's not a problem for you to be considered as one of those, and you're ready to carry the consiquences, ok go for the name.

And no my name isn't OOC even when you might find close IRL relating to it (and no I'm not russian and the name has practically nothing to do with it in game). I don't need story for the name, I need it for the character. I just pick a name that fits for the race or is at least neutral name wich shouldn't lift up any negative stuff. Ofcourse people who speak different languages might find different meanings for the name wich I haven't been aware of.
Compared to RP I'm fairly new face in Pve since I've started roleplaying in vanilla, and I started playing the game for rp-aspect of it. I also wouldn't ask these questions if I wouldn't be a roleplayer myself and concerned about the guild reputation generally.
Personally I don't want to see names like Chickenwing in guildroster even if there would be a roleplayer behind the name, and I would also recommend some already existing guild-member-names to be changed. I'd also like the members of the guild being ones who can at least respect the RP rules of the realm and shut up in /s if they can't form text in character.
If you browse the application forums you see some people have been declined because of the OOC name, or recommended to change a name if they want to join the guild even if they'd otherwise seem good players. Ofcourse this isn't the case on you since your mains name isn't problematic, but like said, I generally like to be sure that you know what the additional server rules are when you've choosed to play on RP realm.

Edit: And what comes to generally RP. It seems you hang out with wrong people then ;) DB has very wide RP community with different kind of guilds. Even if you aren't member of rp-guild most of the people are very eager to RP with anyone who just dares to start the conversation. Many areas have their own roleplayers, I think every city has their own regual people even when current active taverns are concentrated to Silvermoon and The Barrens. All you practically need to do is know the guild tags.

2010 Feb 23 (Tue) 5:33 pm
Profile WWW
Former Member

Thanks for your informative and very long text Naru. As i pointed out before Chickenwing is a rp name for me since its something a moonkin can relate to and a living part of his character, and i dont think people on the server would get upset over the name, except for you maybe ( or the proud rp belfs of silvermoon city ) I also dont see anything in my recent replies that should indicate me having missed out on the realms rp rules.

Listen, im not gonna argue about my lvl 4 chars name, Ive changed my miscalculated gems and is now fit for fight. If u wanna have me then invite me, otherwise lets just quit these charades and get the decline overwith.

Cadeau, proud protector of Chickenwing.

2010 Feb 23 (Tue) 5:59 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Warlock
It's worth noting that we are not an RP guild, though we do expect and enforce respect for the RP ruleset that applies to the server. Much like our policy toward 'off-label' raid specs, we also do not enforce how our members go about enjoying their 13 euro a month do long as they respect those rules and can keep up with raid activity. While I appreciate your perspective and RP background, Narushka, nothing in her application stands contrary to server or guild policy as it stands.

Personal RP styles are sometimes going to be at odds with each other. I think the mark of a good storyteller or group of storytellers (which I what rp-ers are) is figuring out how to make them work togeher, rather than one person adjust to mee others demands.

2010 Feb 23 (Tue) 6:03 pm
Former Member

Kudos for the good attitude Cadeau, I personally find the whole alt chickenwing debate to be totally off topic. I personally vote for you! ^^

I bet several people have different alt chars which may or may not be part of the rp rules, such as Bankaltirion for instance. But like I said, I find it off topic.

Regards
Kainé

2010 Feb 23 (Tue) 6:06 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
While we respect and value the input of Narushka and other guild members in the application process, they do not, of course, speak for the officers. May I take this moment to remind current members of the Luminous Path that people who have taken the time to complete our application must always be treated with the same welcoming, friendly attitude that we will later demand of them on trial, and that any criticism is to be advanced as a constructive suggestion for improvement.

Cadeau, this is a very nice application and I'm sure that competing theories of roleplaying will provide material for a lively discussion in guild chat somewhere down the line. You are accepted for trial. Whisper me, Zalmoxis, Ekhan, Nimoe, Kainé, or Marrowchill for a ginvite.

2010 Feb 23 (Tue) 6:09 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to pagePrevious  1, 2