NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 02 (Thu) 9:16 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Accepted: Application Cadeau, Destruction Warlock 
Former Member

Post Accepted: Application Cadeau, Destruction Warlock
Name: Cadeau
Race/Class: Undead Warlock
Main Spec: Destruction
Primary Professions: Herbalism and Alchemy
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Cadeau

What's your name and where are you from?

My name is Ana-Maria Cullen and im from Gothenburg, Sweden

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.

How long have you been playing WoW?
since TBC

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
This is my main, my baby, my everything!:) i play on it everyday, except on staurdays since i work then. Otherwise im currenlty messing around with my paladin, Suffire and my druid Chickenwing, but theyre newly started projects, so theyre like, lvl 4 i guess^^

What's your guild history? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?

Well, first we have Fear The Zhevra, a nice little guild with irl friends that then escalated to about 20 members. We then met The Hungering Cold and started pugging with them regulary to have enough people to run raids. we then joined Decimate The Weak as subdivision Zhevra, and things went really nice. I then took a break from wow because of school and when i got back, the guild had disbanded, so i joined Carpe Omnius. Very nice guild with friendly people, only problem is that i cant raid on saturdays unless its after 21, and they raid ICC 10 saturdays around noon. ICC 10 is a very important foundation for ICC 25 runs later on, so i dont wanna miss it. Hence my application to this guild.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
Jahnrix, ( my bf) and Gloore the shammy. Ingame we have my sister, Lensy the Mage or Jiander, the belf pally. Feel free to contact anyone on Carpe if youd like, i left them on very good terms and i dont think theyd have anything bad to say about me, contrary.
What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? Well, im a destro lock so my job is mainly to dont die and pew pew my ass off. Checking the dps meter and knowing im in the top should indicate i do a great job ( following tactics ofc)

What's your PvE experience like?

Toc 10/25 VoA10/25 ICC 10 all the way to rotface and ICC 25 first wing

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.

Ive allways been fascinated by warlocks, and destruction is a very intriguing specc since your very vulnerable but also very powerful. You burst like a freaking bulldozer on e. Talent points have been very easy to spend, allways to gain the raid the most, and i chat ingame with other locks for tips and tricks.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?

Wowwiki beimba and elitistjerks

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.

Cadeau was a humble human family girl living on a big farm outside of Brill. She was very talented with herbs and potions and when the plauge came to her town she did everything she could for the people who got infected. Unfortunatly, people died anyways, and she soon got infected herself. The townfolks started misstrusting her and blaming her for the whole cause, saying she had bewithed the infected ones and hence caused their death. Mean rumors started going around town and people started to get hostile against Cad and her family, it seemed very suspiscious that everyone else who had caught the plauge died and she didnt, so to ease the problems and pain it caused she brewed and drank on of her specialties, the sleeping dead potion. She soon got buried with the other victims and layed there waiting to die. But nothing happened. Instead she felt the surge of a new power growing inside of her, a little bit tainted by shadow, but powerful. a warlock was born

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
Not really, feel free to ask anything u feel is missing!

Last edited by Thórva on 2010 Feb 23 (Tue) 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Added information from the next post to the first part of the form.

2010 Feb 23 (Tue) 12:07 am
Former Member

Post Tada!
woopsie, missed the first part!

Name: Cadeau
Race/Class: Undead Warlock
Main Spec: Destruction
Primary Professions: Herbalism and Alchemy
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Cadeau

2010 Feb 23 (Tue) 12:11 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Post Re: Application Cadeau, Destruction Warlock
Solid application (could use more humor, my thing, but we can work on that!). And we can always do with more ranged pewpew :D

We're now also one 'related person' short of re-enacting the Godfather pt.1 so bring on the brothers/sister/girlfriends/uncles/neighbors!

The lock questions I'll leave to Zalmoxis ;) (and Mora! Sorry I forgot you! Don't flay me!)

Sav. 8-)

Edit: Spent some time ingame chatting to this lovely lady (as I tend to do) and I can definitely give her the Sav Social Stamp of Approval!

Last edited by Savian on 2010 Feb 23 (Tue) 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

2010 Feb 23 (Tue) 12:19 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Warlock
Hey Ana-Maria, thanks for the application! Looking over the information you've supplied, I have a few questions. I qualify this by saying that I roll Affliction (since before it was cool, mind you) so these are genuine questions, not corrections. I want to know what you know about your class and spec. Here goes:

• First, the conventional wisdom in warlock gemming, regardless of spec, is that spellpower is king, with haste a close but definite second. The only time you go for the socket bonus is when that bonus is high enough (with the cutoff being somewhat variable); can you talk a bit about your gemming choices? I see some bonuses that you've gemmed for that are lower than bonuses you've not gemmed for, so I'm wondering what your thoughts about the 'worth-it' socket bonuses are.

• Second, why glyph of Life Tap? Incinerate and Conflagrate are, from what I know, the two 'must-have' destro glyphs, and with your build I would have expected Incinerate/Conflagrate/Immolate to be the major choices.

• When you have enough emblems, what set piece are you going to buy next (and why, if it isn't obvious)?

• Lastly, why keep the gathering profession? Most crafting professions provide a good sp or equivelant boost (like say enchanting, which puts 23 sp — basically two Runed Cardinal Rubies — on each of your rings). While it's nice to have a 450 gathering profession about, 46 spellpower ain't nothing to sniff at.

I do want to say that overall your gear looks very good, and you look like you could jump right into ICC10 or 25 no problem, so definitely a thumbs up for that! I look forward to your answers, and I'm sure if our in-house fire mage— er, destro lock, feels like I missed anything she'll throw in her two cents.

2010 Feb 23 (Tue) 1:43 am
Former Member

First, the conventional wisdom in warlock gemming, regardless of spec, is that spellpower is king, with haste a close but definite second. The only time you go for the socket bonus is when that bonus is high enough (with the cutoff being somewhat variable); can you talk a bit about your gemming choices? I see some bonuses that you've gemmed for that are lower than bonuses you've not gemmed for, so I'm wondering what your thoughts about the 'worth-it' socket bonuses are.

Youre absolutely right, spellpower scaling is the shizz. Regarding the comment i suppose u mean my blue gems. I counted the whole thing wrong, +12sp from gem+5from bonus+2plus 20% of all spirit and then a third i think from my glyhp equals 21 sp. Im just waiting for my fav jc Jiander to come online and pimp my stuff. Cardinal ftw.

Second, why glyph of Life Tap? Incinerate and Conflagrate are, from what I know, the two 'must-have' destro glyphs, and with your build I would have expected Incinerate/Conflagrate/Immolate to be the major choices.

Incinerate is awesome sauce at the beginning but as you build up your sp and spirit Glyph of Lifetap gets really nice. Ive tried out both and have gotten the best result with Glyph of Lifetap, as has my other fellow warlock friends ingame. The warlock forums praise Glyph of Lifetap aswell.

When you have enough emblems, what set piece are you going to buy next (and why, if it isn't obvious)?

Aim for the stars and youll reach the trees! My main goal is just to get rid off those awful 232 pieces i have, and will take it from there to see trough that i balance my stats well. the new 251 tier piece i just bought seems nice to build on. Im not trying to dodge your question, i just dont know what the looting future holds for me:)

Lastly, why keep the gathering profession? Most crafting professions provide a good sp or equivelant boost (like say enchanting, which puts 23 sp — basically two Runed Cardinal Rubies — on each of your rings). While it's nice to have a 450 gathering profession about, 46 spellpower ain't nothing to sniff at.

I play with a lot of irl friends and we chose to even out the proffesions among us so that we could help one another. My lot fell on alchemy and even though we dont play in the same guild anymore we still depend on oneanother. As u point out enchanting is a very good proff to have as a spellcaster, and i plan to let my other chars take over the alchemy part as soon as theyre all grown up:)

2010 Feb 23 (Tue) 2:06 am
Former Member

also, thanks for taking your time to read and comment on my application :)

2010 Feb 23 (Tue) 2:10 am
Officer (Retired)

Thanks for the prompt reply! One or two more general things I just thought about —

How are you for raid availibility, looking at our raid times/days?

Knowing that we have a good number of dps, especially in this transition period where we can't yet run 25's, how do you feel about rotating in and out during the course of a raiding evening and probably getting benched here and there?

Also, when I say the words 'warlock tank', how does that make you feel?

2010 Feb 23 (Tue) 3:04 am
Former Member

Wow, you reply fast!:) Im up for any raid as long as its not on saturdays, i work saturdays until 21 and then usually go clubbing. Rotation is not a problem, ive been pugging ICC 10 up until now with isis and origin, but also, ICC10 raids is my main reason for applying to the guild, so if u think im not gonna be able to participate for a very long time then u might aswell tell me so that i can withdraw my application.

Warlock tank ey! Never done it before, but there seems to be pretty good guides out there, its fun to try out new things and im always up for a challenge. Bring it :D!

2010 Feb 23 (Tue) 9:16 am
Officer (Retired)

I didn't mean to imply you wouldn't be getting raid spots — only indicating that unti we are running 25's we're switching people in and out for optimal composition and to make sure as many people as possible get badges, gear, and experience with the fights.

2010 Feb 23 (Tue) 12:49 pm
Former Member

ah sors! read it on my iphone this morning in school... kinda missunderstood you!:) yeah switching is nice, everyone gets a go and you dont waste time killing shizz u already have loot from or that someone else could get a better upgrade from. Anything else u wanted to ask:)?

2010 Feb 23 (Tue) 12:57 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next