NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 02 (Thu) 11:06 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
Declined: Xyros - Blood elf mage 
Former Member

Post Declined: Xyros - Blood elf mage
Name:
Xyros
Race/Class:
Bloodelf Mage
Main Spec:
57/3/11
Primary Professions:
Alchemy/Enchanting (Still leveling them though.)
Armory Link:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... d&cn=Xyros
What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Jeroen (Jerome), and I'm from the Netherlands.
How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
I'm 23 years old.
How long have you been playing WoW?
Since Vanilla.
Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
This is my main. I mostly play on this character, except some RPing from time to time with long forgotten toons. They are not worth mentioning really.
What's your guild history? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?
I am in Boond by Blood at the moment. It actually consists of nice people, but the reason I applied here is because of something else. The reason I am leaving is because it is a bit ''every man for himself'', unless you are in the ''grid''. Lots of people got left behind, and there practicly only ICC runs which the best geared people are invited to.
Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
I know Nimoe pretty well, I also RP from time to time with Florizel. Futhermore, I have joined a Ony 10 run with you guys, and talked a bit with Savian for some time.
What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
My job is ofc. primairy to do damage, but some crow controll will be expected from me as well.
What's your PvE experience like?
I have to confess there is not too much to brag about here, because I was mainly focussed on PvP in my WoW-career. I tried to raid some with several starting guilds in Vanilla, but it went not that well. I skipped the whole TBC raiding, and in WotlK, I have done some ToTC10, one Ulduar run, and an Ony10 run.
Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
The reason I chose arcane is because it is considered to be a cookie-cutter build, and provides some talents that compensate the lack of good gear. I used several guides and forum threads, and my own experience to make my current build.
Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
Wow.com, mmo-champion.com, arenajunkies.com, and of course the official class forums.
Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.
Xyros is a power-hungry magician who believes that power is the best way to increase your chance on survival. His belief is that there is no good or evil, only power, and those to weak to get it. Friendship and compassion are not in his vocabulairy, but he pretends to be a kind person in public, where he names himself Xavier Silverblood. Xyros used to be a womenizer and tried to get a different girl every night, but recently he met a girl he decided to stick with. Only a a few individuals know his true identity, and his dark past.
Xyros bears a dark secret. When he was only fifty years old he was asked by the Blood Knights to slay is own family, because they held friendships with the Alliance and were therefore considered traitors. However, his father was a very strong adversairy, and a friend of Thrall. Therefore, the Blood Knights preferred to send Xyros on this mission.
After twenty years Xyros decided to travel along Azeroth to obtain more power and knowledge. He roamed in every corner of the world for one and a half year, after which he returned to settle in Silvermoon again, taking on a new identity as Xavier Silverblood.
Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
As you probably will notice instantly is that my gear needs some upgrades to be ICC10 ready. Yet, I am hoping I could become a social and upgrade it through older content runs like Ulduar or TotC, and pre-made HC dungeon runs. Hopefully that will speed up the gearing greatly, and get me ready for ICC in no time.

2010 Feb 25 (Thu) 1:55 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Post Re: Xyros - Blood elf mage
Do us the favor, when the Armory is unborked (hopefully shortly), of equipping your bestest PvE gear so we can see what the situation is actually like. What you're in right now appears to be an RP set.

2010 Feb 25 (Thu) 2:57 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
I indeed spent some time chatting to this here nice fellow and he's not lacking on manners that's for sure. The gear issue is one that we've seen often and can be worked on if you decide to let him in for a trial.

I figured that since we lacked mages I'd try bringing one in from the start so we could shape him into whatever we wish! (muhahaha) :twisted:

Sav.

Edit: will comment on gear and such when bloody Armory starts working again...

2010 Feb 25 (Thu) 6:48 pm
Former Member

Greetings Jeroen. Thank you for applying.

Your application is fine and you seem like a nice fellow. Your spec seems to be good also what comes to my very limited knwoledge about mages. I don't see your professions, reputations, achievemtns and such so I can only comment the gear. The gear issue you are having is sadly pretty huge (based on wow-heroes.com, correct me if I'm wrong and this is some sort of rp or pvp gear - if that's the case I'll do another check for your gear later and redo my comments).
You miss enchants, and from the ones you have thre's only two bis ones. Rest aren't valid or they are upgradeable. Also your gems are mostly rare quality and your metagem is wrong. The fact that you're wearing pvp gear and healing (mp5) gear mixed to your more proper gear doesn't help either.

I understand your situation with previous guild and I'm not judging you from that. I know how hard it can be, and I know it means huge amount of work or good social contacts elsewere to keep the gear updated like it should for serious raiding without a proper guild wich can take you regularry into raids.
But if this is the state of your gear, there is (too?) much work for you to be done before we could fairly take you to the ICC - even to first wing in 10man wich is on our farming status. Our Ulduar status is on doing hardmodes, so the guild usually takes core raiders instead of alts, new members who need gear etc. TotC Isn't on the table at the moment, but there has been some spontaneous half-pug-raids time after time.
At the moment our raider rank applicants need gear to be ready to ICC 10, the guild isn't in the state that we could or would be interested to boost gear actively for our new members like you propably have understood from above.

Since you brought the social member part up yourself I personally don't see that personally as a problem. Tho I don't know what's the guild policy on that at the moment since you don't have strong in-game or irl relationship to any of our members.
Tho I hope you understans that we aren't actually in lack of dps, and being a social member puts you to the bottom of the list when the raid spots are given away. I'm not sure if you're actually even able to sign up for those and get EP from being on stand-by since even if you'd be available you wouldn't be much use for us in most of the encounters. So even as being a social member, it would reguire huge amount of work from you and after getting the gear, you're required to do another application for raider status. Ofcourse there's there's premade dungeons you mentioned, and getting into VoA and weekly raids shouldn't be a problem.

Without trying to shoo you away - if I would be you I'd reconsider if some bit-less-progressed guild would be more suitable for you. As guild we can't do much to help you.

That's all now.

2010 Feb 25 (Thu) 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
Former Member

Hm, according to wow-heroes.com I am coloured yellow at the moment for ICC10, should I be coloured green? Anyway, in case the armory keeps bugging, I will give you my stats. In proper gear I have about 2500 spellpower, 560 haste rating, nearly 23% crit chance, and I am hit capped. I expect to upgrade the cloak and boots (by far the weakest links of my gear) within a week, which should improve my stats a lot.
As for the enchants and gems: I agree with you, not all are bis at the moment, though such things can be solved pretty easy. I waited with that though because I was planning to upgrade some of the items soon and it would be a waste of materials.
Since I believe I can fix the gear problem pretty quickly, I don't mind being a social member cause I could at least tag along for some heroic runs.

- Xyros

2010 Feb 25 (Thu) 8:49 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
As indeed pointed out by above posters: ditch the pvp stuff and the cloak. The rest looks in pretty good state to me, if enchanted and gemmed with BiS stuffs. As I mentioned when we talked in Silvermoon, you gotta lose that hit down to at least 298.

Work on the professions, they only get usefull at around 400.

Spec looks fine, nearly cookiecutter Arcane.

I think that about sums it up. If you say you don't mind waiting about for a raidspot untill this is sorted then I'll take your word for it!

Sav 8-)

2010 Feb 26 (Fri) 12:58 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Hey Jeroen,

Thank you for taking the time to apply to the guild, and for your interest and enthusiasm. Unfortunately we're going to have to decline this application in its present form. You're simply not ready for PvE. Even though you might be able to generate enough DPS to keep up in ICC 10, half of your gear is PvP stuff and all of it is very lacking in the gem and enchant department. Many of the PvP pieces can be easily replaced with PvE pieces through spamming heroics, but that's something to do before you apply to a raiding guild, not after.

To raid effectively, you'll need to get exalted with the Sons of Hodir for the shoulder enchants, and you'll need to put PvE enchants on your head, etc.: these are available from various Northrend factions.

Additionally, we were concerned that the deficiencies go beyond just gear: you don't seem to have experienced much 10-man raiding at all, and even less 25-man. We're not some omgzzhxcoreprogress guild, but we are past the point of introducing people to raiding or gearing them up, and at the point of needing to boost our collective performance to make it through ICC 25. A guild whose own progress point is nearer yours is probably a better fit for you at the moment.

If you determine that PvE is really something you want to take a greater interest in, feel free to re-apply when you and the Luminous Path are closer to being in the same place. We'll gladly consider you again.

2010 Feb 26 (Fri) 1:59 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]