NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 02 (Thu) 9:26 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
Accepted: Eria - Disc/Holy Priest 
Former Member

Post Accepted: Eria - Disc/Holy Priest
Name: Eria the Patient
Race/Class: Blood Elf Priest
Main Spec: Holy or Disc (depends on raid role)
Primary Professions: Alchemy/Herbalism (Maxed)
Armory Link: http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... od&cn=Eria

(Ignore the hit rating on the wand....It is just the best one I have at the moment)

What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Molly and I am from Tennessee in the U.S., but currently I go college in Georgia.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
20 2 + (I do hope this is right!)

How long have you been playing WoW?
I believe I've been playing since 2006 on American servers, but I honestly cannot remember. XD

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
This is my main. On my American server (Boulderfist-Alliance), I have an 80 shadow priest named Fluorescence, 80 feral druid named Ouchiez, and an 80 resto shaman named Aesling. I am considering shutting down that account because I simply do not have the time to play it and would rather play with my real life friends if I had to choose between the two.

What's your guild history? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?
On my American account I have been in both serious progression guilds and laid back guilds. My shaman competed with seven other shamans for healing slots in Ulduar 25 when it first came out. I came here to play with my real life friends :) and my boyfriend. I have never been kicked from a guild. I never sign up for a raid if I don't know I can make it. I understand when a player must sit out to accommodate other player's gear needs and I never complain :) . I have a bad habit on passing on things I need because I like giving things to people.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
Dun dun dun.... Ekhan, Thorva, Zalmoxis, Denathos, Kaine, Nimoe -- all of these wonderful people. Though, I would understand based on IRL history if some of the brothers also had some not so nice things to say! Haha.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
I absolutely love healing because it is challenging. Nothing is more gratifying than rescuing a dying tank with guardian spirit and then bringing him to full health when a boss is at 1%. Even though this is my second priest to level to 80 and even though I've played all specs, I respect people's opinions if my healing is ever in question. Classes and specs are always changing. Spirit has been buffed and nerf many times since 2006. Though healers are often blamed when it is not necessarily their fault (if you stand in a void zone - I can't save you), I will admit when I have messed up and push through. My role, like everyones, is to pay attention, listen to the raid leader, and have fun. If you aren't having fun, the game isn't worth playing.

What's your PvE experience like?
(Only listing raids I did at the level they are supposed to be done :P )
Vanilla: AQ 20, UBRS, ZG
TBC: Kara, Gruul, parts of TK and Hyjal, all of ZA
LK: Nax 10/25 + many achievements, Ulduar 10/25 all bosses up to Mim, Some of ToC...and that's when college got crazy XD

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
I used to be an avid reader of Elitist Jerks, but so many things with healing are up in the air at this point with the onset of Cataclysm. My disc spec is based on the specs of two disc priests I played with on my American servers and my Holy spec is based on reading and testing. If they need tweeking let me know; there are a few points I could probably shift around.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
I love Elitist Jerks and looking at mmo-champion's forums. I'll look at proposed specs, but ultimately if you change your spec, you have to try it. I also make sure to read the patch notes when I have time before they hit the live servers. Patches can make or break your play style.

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.

I wrote a word document about Eria (in 3rd person), but I will summarize it here so I can spare you the pain XD.

Eria comes from a family of strong-minded, blood elf rogues. When she was sent to the academy in Silvermoon to begin her training, she was told she must wield a dagger and ruthlessly backstab her victims. She ran home to announce to her family that she wanted to "save people," not kill them, but her parents just couldn't understand.

Rejected by her family and locked out of her house, she took her squawky companion, Mina, and rode off to the Undercity. There she trained with an old friend to become a priest. Learning to become a priest under the forsaken was difficult, but she got through all of the questionable tests in which she was forced to participate and succeeded in saving hundreds of lives for the Horde.

When she found out her older sister Aysling, a rogue, had died and become a death knight in service for the Lich King, she set out to find her. She rescued her sister (now named Ashling as a result of her actions for the Lich King) and together they fight for the return of peace.

(And yes, I do realize that fighting for peace is hypocritical :P )

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.

I know I'm already in the guild, but I still wanted to fill this out because it is only right! I hope to raid, but I will not deny that my education comes first. Though I do not have the best schedule for raiding (the Tuesday/Thursday raids start...when my classes start), if there is a spot that needs filled and I can come, then I will gladly come. I will never take a fellow guildy's spot and I will never be upset when I cannot come :) I hope to witness at least some of the great things this guild will accomplish. I am an ITGM major (game design) and know many programs (Photoshop, After Effects, Avid, Final Cut, etc). If you need promo stuff let me know and I'd love to do it.

PS. I used way too many smiles.

2010 Mar 04 (Thu) 10:46 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Post Re: Eria - Disc/Holy Priest
Quote:
(Ignore the hit rating on the wand....It is just the best one I have at the moment)

I know all about how incredibly bad wands are itemised and am not afraid to say that your wand is higher Ilvl than mine :?

Quote:
I have a bad habit on passing on things I need because I like giving things to people.

You and me both, see wand comment above actually...

Quote:
If you aren't having fun, the game isn't worth playing.

/agree 100% 8-)

Quote:
PS. I used way too many smiles.

There's no such thing as too many smilies! :D

On to the serious bsniz reply! Regardless of your schedule, having a knowledgeable and well geared healer available for certain raiddays will be highly appreciated, at least by me! Seeing as you're already in the guild a social vouch seems unnecessary but I'll give one anyway. Never had any issues with you and all the times I've spoken to you, you've come across as a very nice person!

Sav. 8-)

2010 Mar 04 (Thu) 1:17 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
\o/

Come to raids when you can--most of our healers are pretty part-time at the moment, so I don't envision that being a problem. I, for one, will be glad to have you on the roster.

(PS: Zalmoxis has set the smiley-per-post limit at 5. Ain't technology wonderful?)

2010 Mar 04 (Thu) 1:48 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Look forward to seeing you join us on raids!

2010 Mar 04 (Thu) 3:05 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Warlock
Yeyyy, moar healz. I approve, and second what Thórva said — feel free to make the other healers look bad by comparison on the signup lists.

2010 Mar 04 (Thu) 3:06 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]