NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 02 (Thu) 2:55 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Accepted: Xarantaur - Combat Rogue 

Post Accepted: Xarantaur - Combat Rogue
Name: Twilight Vanquisher Xarantaur
Race/Class: Undead Rogue
Main Spec: Combat
Primary Professions:Jewelcrafting & Mining
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Xarantaur

What's your name and where are you from?

My name is Dieg and Im from South Africa but live in the UK with my family.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.

Okay so Im kinda lost here... Cant find what you mean by using the almight google, So Im just gonna put im 22 lol

How long have you been playing WoW?

I was a very firm anti-wow person until about 2008, I started playing wow when my friends all got into it and would come round my house or Id go around theirs and they'd sit there and talk about raiding Naxxramas (back when it was actually hard im presume) so I got a 10 day trial and created this character

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.

Yes this my main, I play this character for around 3 - 4 hours every night after work. This used to be a PVP alt of mine which I retired, back then my main was Islen (I was one of the top 10 resto druids on the realm for about 4 weeks) and I was leading Fel Marines. Islen would be my serious main, she is geared for ICC 25 and raid on her quite frequently

What's your guild history? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?

I joined Delirium back when they were still together, got to know a few people and then the guild disbanded. After which I joined Fel Marines and worked my way up from Recruit to Guild Master.. I spent around 4 months leading Fel Marines before everyone decided it was time to go our own way. After talking to our best geared and most exp raiders in Fel Marines I created Renatus Vir with them but there was too much drama in the guild and it all boiled over leading to the officers and myself having had enough crap in the guild and leaving

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.

Well about the only person I can say I know well enough is Schizont, He was my Hunter Class Leade & Co-Guild Master in Fel Marines for a short time. I also know Kobo as he was in my guild for a few weeks before he changed over to Alliance and then came back

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?

My role in raids is to make sure that I keep my dps & damage up in order to kill the boss, There is no I in team and if one person isnt pulling their weight chances are it'll be a wipe. In the case that'd I'd be healing on my druid I would keeping the raid and tanks alive with my HoT's and making sure that nobody died

What's your PvE experience like?

I wasnt around to raid during Vanilla or TBC but WotLK wise ive cleared pretty much everything up to ICC 10/25.. see list below

Naxx 10 & 25 = Full Clear
Uld 10 = Full Clear
TotC 10 & 25 = Full Clear
TotGC 10 = 3/5
ICC 10 = 5/12
ICC 25 = 5/12

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.

I had a very good rogue mate on the realm before he switched called Rawry, He was combat and he did around 9k dps in ICC 10 with us. Sometime after that I decided I wanted to play rogue as PVE because I was bored of healing all the time so I decided to go combat.

I checked on Elitest Jerks which was the best build and pretty much copied that. I asked around and found that the best setup for a combat rogue is a slow Main Hand and Fast Off Hand.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?

Elitest Jerks

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.

Xarantaur grew up in the lush green plains of Tirisfal Glades, A servant of King Terenas. Xarantaur witnessed the very moment in which Arthas slew his father and watched the scourge swarm across the lands like a plague of locusts. Death came quickly and during the following years he served the Lich King bound by his control of the scourge until Lady Sylvanas managed to free themselves and become the Forsaken

Constantly on the run from the Scarlet Crusade, Xarantaur adapted survival skills. Learning to blend in with the world around him and become a stealthy assassin. Thus he learnt to be a rogue and become a master in hunting the Scarlet Crusade. He swore to himself that he would wipe out every last one of them.

His thirst for adventure led him to the shores of Northrend where he met up with the Hand Of Vengeance and helped battle the Scarlet Onslaught. It was there he faced his greatest challenge in a high octane fight that lasted for hours with General Abbendis, but soon the powerful leader of the Scarlet Crusade finally got what she deserved

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.

I may not be able to raid every night that you raid as I work as an advertisment manager. My job is very demanding and the commute home is a nightmare.

I am free to raid on weekends and on my days off. During which I will endouver to attend raids and help you progress. I take raiding seriously but also try to have as much fun as possible after all this is why I play the game

2010 Mar 05 (Fri) 1:43 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Warlock
Post Re: Xarantaur - Combat Rogue
Hi Dieg, thanks for the application! A couple of general questions to start off with:

• Why the gathering profession? Obviously they're useful to have, but when weighed against the benefits and buffs of two maxed crafting professions, do you feel like you're missing out on the extra stats/points/etc. that you could be getting?

• With your availible raid time largely limited to weekends, and with the understanding that right now we are limited to 10-mans on our Sunday run (and whether or not it's two or one group of ten is dependent on healer/tank signups — when we don't have enough signups a lot of people can get benched, which is unfortunate) how do you feel about both your ability to involve yourself in the social and raiding acitivities of the guild, and your relatively fewer opportunities to get spots on guild runs?

This isn't meant to imply, of course, that you wouldn't get spots — as a trialist we would make a concerted effort to get you in there and give you the chance to get to know the guild and for the guild to get to know you. We do, however, sometimes have quite the organizational juggling act to perform when signups are imbalanced.

2010 Mar 05 (Fri) 4:47 pm

Well I went with Mining because I farm Titanium late at night when nobody is around and I prospect them for epic gems and titanium powders. The powders allow me to gain more epic gem designs thus my guildies dont have to pay exortionite prices to get gems cut.

As for my timetable that just freed up completely, I lost my job today so I am now free to raid anytime through-out the day monday - sunday.

I dont mind being benched, It happened alot in Delirium and I accepted it.. But I stay online because I never know what will happen.

Regards
Twilight Vanquisher Xarantaur

2010 Mar 05 (Fri) 6:06 pm
Former Member

Hey Dieg. Thank you for your application. I have one question in my mind and here it comes:

What's your general plan in WoW and your characters?
I've been in some situations with Islen, I don't know you but I have been in contact with you. I can see you're still high ranked officer in Renatus Vir with Islen. Can you give enough attention to both guilds? This is something that bothers me since in my opinion we need people who can give if not 100% attention, but at least top priority to Luminous Path and our progression, if they're aiming for raider status instead of being only social member. I also assume that people just don't walk around with highest rank in guild and do nothing to keep it.

Otherwise your experience and gear seems to be what we're looking for. Also thumbs up for not being a bloody elf.

2010 Mar 05 (Fri) 6:47 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks Narushka, I come as a bundle package im afraid.. If I get accepted here you guys will get Islen too. Im never in more than one guild :lol:

Im only still in Renatus Vir on my druid as I had plans to carry it on, but with all the core raiders having left I feel there is nothing left I can do. I probably should have mentioned that in my application and Im terribly sorry for forgetting about adding that

Im willing to change anything that is needed for you guys, Im a team member and if that means changing my spec to suit you then Im happy to do it so long as we get into Icecrown and topple Arthas from his throne :mrgreen:

Regards

EDIT: God knows why I keep signing off as Twilight Vanquisher... I guess I keep getting lost in the RP moment :)

2010 Mar 05 (Fri) 7:09 pm

Just thought I'd post a reply to vouch for Dieg - I was lucky enough to lead Fel Marines as co-guild leader for a while. Dieg is a reliable raider, with a good knowledge of tacs and a good understanding of the machanics of the game.

Unfortunately I know very little about the Rogue class - the dps that xarantaur produced when I played with him was good though, and I can imagine it has only got better.

One noteable feature of Dieg's wow play is his extensive knowledge of lore - better than most ppl I have encountered in fact.

In contrast to Narushka - i'l like to admonish him for not rolling a belf. thankyou.

2010 Mar 05 (Fri) 7:32 pm

Schizont wrote:
One noteable feature of Dieg's wow play is his extensive knowledge of lore - better than most ppl I have encountered in fact.

Thanks dan, I aim to please :lol: I spend my days not raiding or doing anything in game reading through lore. My RP story was completely off the top of my head and I was tired when I wrote it, Plus I didnt really wanna bore people :roll: so I kept it nice and short

Regards

2010 Mar 05 (Fri) 7:35 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
If he can tell me the name of Arthas' sister without looking it up I'll be happy 8-)

2010 Mar 06 (Sat) 2:45 am

Savian wrote:
If he can tell me the name of Arthas' sister without looking it up I'll be happy 8-)

Easy enough, Arthas' sister is Calia. At least thats what I remember during my time reading up on Arthas and his life before he merged with Ner'zhul ontop of the Frozen Throne.

Anything else you would like to throw at me :lol:

Regards

2010 Mar 06 (Sat) 12:56 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Xarantaur wrote:
Savian wrote:

Easy enough, Arthas' sister is Calia. At least thats what I remember during my time reading up on Arthas and his life before he merged with Ner'zhul ontop of the Frozen Throne.

Anything else you would like to throw at me :lol:

Regards

Correct! I like him already! :D

2010 Mar 06 (Sat) 5:35 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next