NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 02 (Thu) 2:55 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to pagePrevious  1, 2
Accepted: Xarantaur - Combat Rogue 

Post Re: Xarantaur - Combat Rogue
Just thought Id give you all a little update on my gear... I went to an ICC 25 with a mate of mine in Carpe Omnious they were kind enough to make me the only rogue too :mrgreen:

Xarantaur managed to get his invisible ass this.. http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50001

Regards
Twilight Vanquisher Xarantaur

2010 Mar 07 (Sun) 12:43 am
Former Member

Class: Druid
Hello, thanks for applying.

After looking through you gear, and your gems. I noticed your gemming seemed to be all over the place, so I got my rogue friend to have a look and he agreed with me.

Its hard to properly refer as you logged out in PvP gear.

The gems you have were a mix of Armour Pen, attack power and crit; where as Combat rogues should gem purely for Armour Pen and Crit. I do believe attack power and crit is for Mutilate rogues.

On another note, there is nothing wrong with getting Tier 10, but after asking my rogue, he has confimed that the gloves and shoulders are pretty useless for a combat rogue, as they have no armour pen, unlike the Head and Chest.

2010 Mar 07 (Sun) 2:49 am

I agree that my gems are all over the place atm but thats because I am currently re-gemming... I lack funds atm to get the cardinal rubies required and I am farming honor and badges in order to replace them. I am also in the process of getting tier 10 helm and possibly the chest (once I can grab myself the t10 chest and then a token)

The chest piece I have atm was a massive upgrade so thats why I went with it.

My research on combat rogues led me to believe that we needed a fair amount of AP but after consulting a rogue mate of mine he suggested pure ARP and the odd crit gem which is what I am currently in the process of changing.

The t10 gloves & shoulders I won in VoA 10 and again they were an upgrade from my t9 ones. So thats why Ive kept them, should I come across anything better I will be replacing them. Though few can deny that the t10 (2) set bonus for rogues is anything but fantastic and possibly the best 2 set bonus for a long time.

Thank you though for the advice Gorganoth, I take everything that anyone has to say into consideration as the end of the day if it means I am doing better as part of the team then the team is doing better.

Regards
Twilight Vanquisher Xarantaur

2010 Mar 07 (Sun) 3:51 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Hey Dieg,

Thanks for an excellent application. We've decided you're certainly suitable for a trial period. Whisper me, Ekhan, Zalmoxis, Marrowchill, Nimoe, or Kainé for a ginvite. We'll send more information via a PM on these forums.

2010 Mar 07 (Sun) 7:10 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to pagePrevious  1, 2