NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 02 (Thu) 1:23 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Accepted: Reapplication of Xyros, belf Mage. 
Former Member

Post Accepted: Reapplication of Xyros, belf Mage.
Hey there, after I got declined I decided to work on the problems involving my previous application, because I was, and still am, very eager to join your guild. The old application can be viewed here:
http://path.dissentispatriotic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=816

I will list down the three main points of critisism which were mentioned, and what I did to solve them.

1: Lack of gear & BiS enchants/gems.
I have greatly improved my gear since my last application. I got the exhalted reputation with the Sons of Hodir, ditched the PvP and mp5 stuff, and enchanted and gemmed everything with the best.
Here is the link to my profile on wow-heroes.com:
http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=eu&server=Defias%20Brotherhood&name=Xyros

2: Professions being left behind.
At the time of my first application, I had alchemy around 180, and enchanting around 300 or so. After a few weeks of hard work, I got my enchanting up to 426, which made me able to enchant my rings. Futhermore, I dropped alchemy and decided to pick up tailoring, which made me obtain a good cloak enchant.

3: Lack of experience.
To cover up for this, I tried to join PuG raids, and got invited to some guildruns (including runs from the Luminous Path itself.) This made me able to raid Ulduar 10 and 25 man content, Trial of the Crusader in 10 and 25, and both ICC10 and ICC25.

I'll look foward to hear your feedback on my application in its current form.:)

Xyros.

2010 Mar 17 (Wed) 12:29 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Post Re: Reapplication of Xyros, belf Mage.
(The abbreviated application was posted after consultation with me, and is thus correct in terms of form.)

2010 Mar 17 (Wed) 12:32 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Well, what can I say that I haven't said before, every point of discussion has been taken care of. I've checked out your armory and it looks fine to me, nothing out of the ordinary or weird so to speak. Got my vote 8-)

2010 Mar 17 (Wed) 12:47 am
Former Member

Class: Druid
Anyone who can take dirty dancing in SMC with a joke and a smile if good in my book.

Err, not that I'd know anything about dancing in SMC, I'd never do it. No way. Uh huh, got the wrong guy.

2010 Mar 17 (Wed) 1:33 am
Officer (Retired)

You are certainly persistent, and I'm prepared to advocate for this application, I think. Could you tell me how you plan to improve your DPS? Each of our damage dealers has to pull north of 7000 to beat the Festergut enrage, and you're hovering in the 4000-5000 range in our last two ICC 25 logs. Considering a more experienced PvE player could probably squeeze 8000 DPS out of your current gear, can you give me an idea of how you plan to find ways to improve that don't involve getting better gear?

2010 Mar 17 (Wed) 3:05 am
Former Member

I don't know much about mage gameplay, but I talk to Xyros from time to time, and he is definitely a nice guy, so I'm certain that he would fit well with the guild. :)

2010 Mar 17 (Wed) 11:42 am
Former Member

Thórva wrote:
You are certainly persistent, and I'm prepared to advocate for this application, I think. Could you tell me how you plan to improve your DPS? Each of our damage dealers has to pull north of 7000 to beat the Festergut enrage, and you're hovering in the 4000-5000 range in our last two ICC 25 logs. Considering a more experienced PvE player could probably squeeze 8000 DPS out of your current gear, can you give me an idea of how you plan to find ways to improve that don't involve getting better gear?

Hehe, I hope being persistent is a good thing. If so, I can tell you I am eager to blast the Lich King into oblivion more then anything xD. Anyway, you asked me to write down how I am planning to improve my dps without getting better gear. I have thought about it and gave it some research and came to the following conclusions;

1. Tweaking rotations

First of all I presume that you are mainly asking about improving my dps on bosses, rather then on trash. Therefore, I will elaborate on the first, not the latter. After reading a lot about arcane mages on several communities like mmo-champions, the tankspot-forums, elitist-jerks and stratfu, I realized I had to tweak my rotations a bit. I could go into detail if you want, but delving deep into the mage spells will probably only make sense to other mage players. So allow me to summarize it by telling you the most important improvements I have found;

a) Using my mana-regeneration-tools more efficienty. That way I can sustain longer, so I can use the higher DPS-rotations more often.
b) Futhermore I learned I can use the GCD system better, by using some of my spells more often and lessen the casting of other mage-abilities. This means I will use the time I have to cast more efficiently. This is important, because for a DPS every second counts! Especially in encounters like Festergut, as you already pointed out.

2. Using Rawr

I don't think I will have to explain what Rawr is, but I have to confess didn't know about it untill last week or so. This program will give me a good idea how much DPS I should be generating, and gives me a so to call 'benchmark'. It's very important to have an idea where you are at, or rather, where you should be at. Approaching the system and game-mechanics like this will probably be of vital importance to maximize my DPS-output.

3. Getting (ingame)feedback

One thing I haven't done that much in the past, is asking other players about my playstyle, and how I can improve it. I can theorycraft as much as I want, but putting it into practice is a different thing. The only way to see if all my planning and theorycrafting have been correct, apart from looking at the numbers on the DPS-meter, is to ask feedback to other (more experienced) mages.

Combining these three elements will most likely improve my DPS. I can't be as exact to say: 'Hey, tomorrow I will be ''OVER 9000!!!'' for sure!', but I am positive it will advance my gameplay. If you want me to get more into detail I am happy to do that, but I felt that taking the core elements of my 'improvement-plan' would give you a far better image then just throwing indepth mage-theorycrafting at you. :)

2010 Mar 17 (Wed) 1:06 pm
Officer (Retired)

Indeed, mage theorycraft makes me very, very sleepy. :D But thanks! We have decided to offer you a trial on this basis. Whisper me, Zalmoxis, Ekhan, Marrowchill, Nimoe, or Kainé for a ginvite.

2010 Mar 17 (Wed) 1:15 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]