NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 02 (Thu) 3:19 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Accepted: Earina + Elzbeth - disc / holy priest(s) 
Former Member

Post Accepted: Earina + Elzbeth - disc / holy priest(s)
Name: Earina
Race/Class: Undead
Main Spec: Discipline (Holy)
Primary Professions: Alchemy and Enchanting
Armory Link: Earina

What's your name and where are you from?

My name is Fredrik, I'm from a rather.. minimal town in Norway called Kristiansund.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.

I'm born in the decade that matters, the eighties. Didn't experience too much of it, though - I'm 22.

How long have you been playing WoW?

Since beta. I played an undead rogue on test server 7!

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.

Yes it is. This priest has been my main for about 4-5 months - I used to play a deathknight before ICC was released.

What's your guild history? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?

Hum, well. My first guild was a Horde guild on Shadowmoon (EU) called Warrior Kittens of Elune (yeah..). My first "real" main was an undead warrior called Slask. A little after the release of Ahn'Qiraji the guild disbanded and reformed into Touch My Totem - it's worth mentioning that by this point we had already migrated to Magtheridon.

This guild also disbanded at some point before TBC, I then played casually / guildless at the release of TBC, on an undead mage called Sathanas.
I then decided to get my friends and change server - now to The Maelstrom. At this point I rolled a human warlock, Kiira. After a short amount of time I joined Wardens, and stayed there through the rest of TBC and during WoTLK, until just before the ICC launch. Here I played Vizann, my earlier mentioned death knight. When Wardens disbanded me and my love Wendy wanted to experience some RP (as she had a history of it), and went to Defias Brotherhood to make Whitestar. This is when I really started to played my priest, Elenoza.

(disclaimer: I might look like a fotm reroller, but as you can see I don't reroll unless some other big change is already happening (guild change, expac etc.))

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.

I'm afraid I no absolutely noone on DB horde side.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?

Wait, I know this one: I heal. I'm afraid I can't add too much gravy to that, my job in a raid is to keep people alive until the boss fails to keep itself alive. Hopefully.

As for judging whether I do a good job or not, well - this might sound archaic, but I consider my job a success if the boss die before I do.

What's your PvE experience like?

Almost everything released. I've not been to the end of Black Temple, and I've not seen more than the first three bosses of ICC.

For the amount of experience you could easily say I've raided extensively. My time in Vanilla was spent raiding 4 days a week, from start to finish. TBC might be considered my low tension period, here I only raided 1-3 days a week, and mostly 10-man raids. In WoTLK I started raiding 3-4 days a week again, up until ICC and Wardens disband.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.

Hurr, well. Choice of spec actually stems from me always admiring the disc priest - I simply never bothered to level one, as I was happy with whatever I was playing at the time. As for talent point selection I guess I just found my choice of talens.. logical. It seemed the best setup - I'm of course willing to change it if it's not up to par with the current cookie cutter scheme.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?

A little hodgepodge here and there, Elitist Jerks mostly. There's enough minmaxing there to suit everyone.

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.

As an undead my priest is half a day old. Thus, I haven't really started working on her ICly yet - me and Wendy have our idea though. You could, however, have a look at the Whitestar forum, there you'll find the stories of my priest when she was Kaldorei.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.

Well, firstly I guess I (we) should warn: I'm applying together with my girlfriend, Wendy (Elzbeth). I'll try to not sound as the one with the demands here - but we're a package deal. This might be hard to swallow considering we actually play the same class, but we'll try to fill our different little healing niches as best we can (one holy, one disc etc.)

This will (in my opinion) also be somewhat of a benefit - we always keep each other up to date with details / optimization / improvements we could do, and I'd say we form a pretty decent healing team to be frank.

Just as for Wendy, I've mostly kept organizing / management positions during all my WoW career. I've been officer of this and that long enough - at this point I'd just like to enjoy the benefits of not having to command the ship, but simply enjoy the ride.

So that's it, be gentle pretty please. Please feel free to inquire about any missing details!

2010 Mar 19 (Fri) 11:32 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Post Re: Earina + Elzbeth - disc / holy priest(s)
<Not reserved but respecting your wishes, I'ma reply to one app as if it were for both ;) >

2010 Mar 19 (Fri) 1:05 pm
Former Member

/cough Nobody!? I'm offended now!
<- Oneth

2010 Mar 19 (Fri) 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
More Norwegians! Vileplume was getting lonely. And Vileplume gets violent when he gets lonely. (He also gets sweaty in hard progress encounters, but that's another matter...)

I ask this of you, O healing applicant, as I have asked it of others: you are "healz captain" (no such thing in the Path) doing assignments for the 25-player version of Deathbringer Saurfang. You have one holy paladin, one resto shaman, two holy priests, and a tree.

1. Whom do you assign to do what?
    3. What are your thoughts about the usefulness of healing assignments in the first place? Under what circumstances would you deviate from yours?

2010 Mar 19 (Fri) 6:57 pm
Former Member

Holy pala on tanks.

Tree on boiling blood targets (HoT vs DoT) and on the raid.

Restoshaman on nova targets (chain heal), otherwise raid healing.

Holy priest 1 on the raid and on additional marked targets. If time, body and soul on the kiter for the speed boost.

Holy priest 2 with pala on tanks. Help holy priest 1 with marked targets if the fight lasts too long / holy priest 1 is struggling.

Both holy priests can also feel free to help AoE heal the nova targets as needed.

Paladin Beacon of light on marked targets.

I might possibly place the earth shield on a marked target as well, if needed - particularly so if it's a caster (as ES helps against pushback). This is of course provided that the mark debuff triggers the shield.

(disclaimer: I haven't really done this fight, so my answer might fail to incorporate some funky anomaly I can't see from the training vids.

Healing assignments are without doubt important, as it in addition to letting people know where to do what, will make people more mentally "dedicated" to doing their assigned job. Most people will place some pride in mastering the task asked by them. This obviously goes for any role assignment, not just healing. The right class for the situation is important, but there's also a question about the right player for the right job.

2010 Mar 19 (Fri) 8:04 pm
Officer (Retired)

Nice! I hope you get a chance to have a go at him soon. It's a very fun boss for healers. Last thing: on the Realm Forum thread announcing the end of Whitestar, you mentioned going on a WoW break. Is that something you're still planning to do? If so, when and for how long?

2010 Mar 19 (Fri) 10:29 pm
Former Member

Hah, that break is already done. It lasted a couple weeks, but that's it.

2010 Mar 19 (Fri) 10:59 pm
Officer (Retired)

Okay then! Accepted for trial. Whisper me, Ekhan, Zalmoxis, Nimoe, Kainé, or Marrowchill for a ginvite.

2010 Mar 20 (Sat) 2:05 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]