NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 02 (Thu) 3:26 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Accepted: Elzbeth + Earina - holy / disc priest(s) 
Former Member

Class: Priest
Post Accepted: Elzbeth + Earina - holy / disc priest(s)
Name: Elzbeth
Race/Class: Undead priest
Main Spec: Holy /Disc
Primary Professions: Inscription/Tailoring
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... cn=Elzbeth

We have just faction changed (with the hope of being taken by the Path) and we were known on this server as Eledeza and Elenoza.

What's your name and where are you from?
My mother called me Wendy because of Peter Pan (I swear this is true !! :D). I’m from Belgium, french speaker part.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
I’m born in disco time, I’m 30.

How long have you been playing WoW?
I played since the European beta test without longer break than 1 month. Played too much characters and too much Role Play the first years.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
This is my main and will be my main for ever, because priest is really the class I enjoy the most. I’m healer in soul and priest is the class wich give the most healing possibilities. Could change race though if I fall in love with gobelin :p
I’ve no serious Alt, but I’m casualy playing another MMO (Aion where I’m lvling my first char, a chanter)

What's your guild history? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?

I’ve started to play WOW on French servers during the first year :
- I’ve played an Atal Ai troll in a heavy RP guild on Kirin Tor (fr). I replaced the GM and leaded successfully the project during 3 month, celebrating Loa along crazy voodoo ceremonies
- Made then a RP project on Conseil des Ombres (fr) called the Cabaret. Was 2 guilds Horde-Alliance of mercenaries and spy hidden under the cover of a cabaret. Was an extremely fun and successful project. The Horde cabaret <Le Lotus Pourpre> is still alive today.

Then I created this priest and moved on Eu server:
- Been member then GM of the <Darnassus Sentinels> on Scarshield Legion with my priest Elloa
- Been Co-GM of <Thunderwolfs> on Sporregar with my orc warrior Saadi

Was at this point tired of role play and made a new character to join the PVPguild <Wardens> on Scarshield Legion, before the guild migrated to The Maelstrom.

- Played a holy paladin Liu with Wardens during TBC. I created a little raiding section to raid Karrazhan, and then managed to improve and increase this raiding part of the guild. We raided ZA, Gruul, Maggi and the first boss of SSC and TK.
- Went back to my priest that I transfered aswell and improved the raiding till create a serious raiding core for WOTLK.
-
The guild <Wardens> decided to stop for RL issue after having successfully raid Naxx, Malligos, Sath25+3D, Ulduar including 10man hardmode, Toc 25 and Toc10 heroic. Me and my twin (we both were officer) decided to move to Defias Brotherhood to enjoy RP.

- We created a guild for the name and the tabard, then seeing some of our friends migrating to follow us, we decided to make a nice project and we created <Whitestar>. This project at some point exhausted us a little bit. I was personally tired to have always been GM, co leader or officer in guild and wanted to stop to take responsibilities and needed time to relax. We take a break from WOW during one month before missing our priestess and raiding.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
I know no one

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?

I choose to be a priest with 2 healing specs to be able to perform any healing role needed according the needed of the raid. I simply love heal, and I’m always healer in whatever game I’m playing.(exept Unreal Tournament)

As discipline, I can nicely duo/trio heal with whatever other healing class (apart another disc priest) in 10 man raid. A disc priest will keep the tanks up and help the raid damage prevention with adding aegis shield through PoM, a well placed Holy Nova, or a hasted PoH. PowerShield willl be used as a healing preventive spell on raid.
In 25 man, the disc priest will probably have a MT healing assignment, and will have to keep him alive. Unless a specific fight will require to be on the raid (for instance I always switched disc in the arena on Thorim fight to shield all melee). As Disc never forget to boost spellcaster DPS with Power Infusion in nuke phase, unless you really need it for yourself to haste your heal on the MT.

As holy, I build my talent tree to perform efficient raid healing and instant casting. That’s why I’ve taken empowered renew. With this spec, I can heal while moving a lot : Pom, Renew, Flash heal, CoH and hasted PoH or GH. I also pic the Body&Soul talent to help DPS or tank to move, or to shield myself and reach fast someone out of range who need an urgent heal. Holy spec is extremely versatile and the tree can allow different kind of spec for different kind of role.

I’m judging if I’ve done a good job by different factor : first if I’ve keep alive the people assigned to me and myself + being able to do some extra heal on non assigned targets without taking the risk of losing mines. I like to save people from a certain death, like a Dps which got suddenly agro and was almost certain to die.
I also check on Recount the percentage of spell used, if for instance I’ve used enough PoM, if CoH is not my main healing spell (all of this obviously depend of the encounter and the assignment). I was also using recount in <Wardens> to know how were healing the others and give assignment according the healing style of everyone.
I check usually the healing meters, not to see if I’m the first one, but knowing others healers, the encounter and my spec, I generally know where I’m supposed to be and I can estimate my performance through this aswell.

What's your PvE experience like?

Vanilla : ZG, MC and Onyxia with my priest as shadow and as disc-holy hybrid
TBC : Karazhan, Grull, Maggi, ZA (3chest), first boss of SSC and TK with a holy pal and holy priest
WOTLK : cleared Naxx, Saph25+3drake (before nerf), Maligos, Ulduar25, Uld10 hardmode exept Mimiron and above, Toc25 and Toc10 heroic (exept Anub), 3 first boss of ICC10 with a PUG as priest discipline and holy.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.

I answered to this question in another one already but I’ll explain myself more precisely.

My disc spec is classical, while my holy spec is really aimed to be efficient for raid healing and instant cast. I pick up this talent tree in my previous guild <Wardens> to balance correctly our healing team. The other holy priest was playing differently, using mainly FH, GH and PoH and didn’t had Body&Soul. Our rooster was generally 1 sham, 1 druid, 1 pal + 3 priest (2 holy, 1 disc) so I had to be a very efficient and fast raid healer.
This spec can be obviously reconsidered according the need of the guild depending of the healing rooster you have.

The gear that I’ve atm is a more “good for all” than aimed for anything particular. When it will be decided if I’ll be mainly Disc or Holy, I’ll build my gemming and gear differently, favourising intel and crit for disc, while spirit, sp, crit and haste will be used for holy.

If I’ve a so low gear is mainly because I’m super not greedy and was generally passing for the benefit of others guildmates. Since I transferred on Defias Brotherhood, I didn’t had the chance to raid as I wanted to save my first ICC experience for <Whitestar>.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?

I read Elitist Jerk and WOW priest or healing forum. Also read tankspot for tips about encounters.

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.

I’ll ask you to excuse us on this one as we have not finished to agree on our background, simply because at the moment we were faction changing we were about to create two Drakkari Troll. (I even had the idea for an event of introduction etc etc). At the last minute, we decided that we would make Undead instead and that we wanted to create a very tragic story. We have different ideas but nothing concrete yet. The background will be ready soon though as we will work on it this week end.
If you want to know how we are role playing, feel free to explore Whitestar.bbactif.com

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.

Be ready for a wall of text as I’d like to explain our motivation for our application.

We are applying together because we are twin in game and twinsoul in real life. (for those who want to know what’s a twinsoul : check here).
We have been guildmate for two years before to realise suddenly that we were the One for each other. Since then our life had completely changed. Therefor, obviously, we would like to be taken together or not to be taken at all as we will not play without the other.
We are now a real healing team. We enjoy healing together, sharing the task with an efficient communication and knowledge about each other. We are in addition of ventrilo, together on skype, and soon hopefully we will play side by side in my apartment.

After our month of break, we started to feel the desire of playing again, but we wanted a guild where we could really raid and enjoy RP time to time (and not the contrary). I browsed the web during one week looking on different website. At first I focused on Alliance obviously, till I saw your guild website which slapped me. Funny thing is that my twinstar arrived to the same conclusion on his own without I told him one word about what I found!
Luminous Path is exactly the guild we are hoping to be part. Serious but not too hardcore raiding, leaded by a well organised officer crew, with a nice RP background as addition.

After having been GM, co-leader, officer, organiser, whatever…I really hope to have the chance of being a simple member, of being leaded and learn more instead of leading and teaching. I’m hoping to have the possibilities of proving myself and contribute to a nice and solid existing project.
I'm not expecting to be in all raids, I'll certainly never cry after loot and spot, but I'll be ready to offer the best I've as guildmember. I'm active and reliable, and a nice compagny I think :)

Short presentation of myself :

I’m girl of 30 (not yet a woman, even though I’ve two kids ^^). I’m working half time, I’ve my kids half time aswell, and the rest of the time I’m doing yoga, some light meditation and too much web. I also write tales (but in French) and I try to learn norsk.
I think I’m kind, social and friendly. I can be very motivated and can have a lot of ideas. I tent to be a forum troll, to be a bit much no life in game (so I’ve to restrict myself)…I accept criticism, autorithy, but I’m also able to take things in charge and organise stuff (though I’d like a break on this :p).

Additional note : this character have changed server three time, changed faction once and be renamed from Elloa to Lyliu, Aozora, Eledeza and now Elzbeth. Blizzard will thank me for the money ! :D

Hope this application was not too long to read and that we can be part of the Path !
Have a nice day everyone !

2010 Mar 19 (Fri) 11:32 am
Profile WWW
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Post Re: Elzbeth + Earina - holy / disc priest(s)
First off, this is a reply to both your apps!

Technicalities first, with my less than 100% knowledge of priests I'll leave the comments/questions about spec/gear up to our own resident holy butterflies, though I can say with certainty that your gearlevel is right at the threshold of ICC10 entry. But as I always tend to remark: gear can be worked on!

Going just by your histories I'm going to bet you both know what you're doing and how to play your class but no doubt that the officers would like to test that for themselves ;)

Social time! I gotta say it's almost unbearably cute all those couples applying to our guild :D If you were to get in, you'd be in good company, we got more couples than single players by now I think....so any special needs because of this are already ingrained in guild behavior. Not that it gives you any advantage, just the occasional 'awwww' when she yells at him for messing up the cooking or him sighing at her for mentioning something slightly uncomfortable 8-)

No reply is a reply without a question so my question is:
Elzbeth: Seeing as you're Belgian (excuse me, Wallonian!), how is your Dutch :o
Earina: I'm the selfproclaimed guild huggy bear, any qualms with me e-hugging your woman? :P (and possibly you?!)

2010 Mar 19 (Fri) 1:15 pm
Former Member

Hey Elzbeth and Earina. Thanks for applying!

I must say, these are two very fine applications. You both seem to have very good knowledge about the game, and I for one know how nice it can be two heal together with someone you know in and out.

There's an interesting spec you got there, Elzbeth. I my self am currently running a more pure AE healing spec. I am really impressed by the "role in raid" part. You point out nice little tips and tricks, and show that you are a aware healer, with a great confidence and experience in that role. Your raid experience is really good aswell, and I don't doubt at all that, both of you, will provide something very good to our raids.

That was the PvE part. I am fairly new to the priest class, and, as I said, I don't think your class knowledge will be a problem.

And, as Savian said, we have a few couples here. We are very friendly, and familiar style sometimes. I think Luminous Path will suit you perfectly, and I vote for both of you!

2010 Mar 19 (Fri) 2:43 pm
Former Member

Excuseer me Meneer, maar my neederlands is niet heel goed. Ik heb het aan school geleerd maar ik heb alles vergeten ! Neederlands is heel moijgeleik (<-- whatever is this word Oo. Atleast I'm not cheating on Google translator !)

:lol:

I must say that I really enjoyed my first morning on Horde side. In one way I've always prefered Horde RP (specialy Trolls, it will be my first Undead ^^), and maybe I'm too entousiast, but it seem that people on Horde side are particulary friendly and cool. Atleast it's not something which hitted me on first sight when I transfered on Alliance side (even though I finaly meet very awsome players).
So I'm already glad and enjoying my time !

And thanks both of you for your nice replies !!

Okay now, I go shut up...sorryyy !!!! :oops:

2010 Mar 19 (Fri) 2:48 pm
Profile WWW
Former Member

This makes me a sad troll, feeling totally forgotten and abandoned :( /cry

2010 Mar 19 (Fri) 3:39 pm
Profile WWW
Former Member

OMG Oneth ! I totaly forgot you was in Luminous Path huuuuh ! :oops: I only remembered about some others char. I feel stupid now :p

Yes, you must think that I'm a super geek unable to correctly take a WOW break...and you are not wrong. Ooh I feel so ashamed !!

2010 Mar 19 (Fri) 4:25 pm
Profile WWW
Former Member

Class: Warrior
I know nothing about priests at all, Well I do know some, but time is a bit different since TBC.

Both of the application are full of epicness, I do fancy them ^_^
I leave the questions and stuff for people with more priest knowledge!

2010 Mar 19 (Fri) 5:17 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Quote:
Excuseer me Meneer, maar my neederlands is niet heel goed. Ik heb het aan school geleerd maar ik heb alles vergeten ! Neederlands is heel moijgeleik (<-- whatever is this word Oo. Atleast I'm not cheating on Google translator !)

:lol:

That is nearly perfect, you could pass for Dutch any day compared to some people ;) (oh and yeah, I too consider Dutch to be very annoying and 'moeilijk'!)

/vouch!

Quote:
This makes me a sad troll, feeling totally forgotten and abandoned :( /cry

Aww poor Naru! *huggles* They didn't forget you, I'm sure they just got confused :)

2010 Mar 19 (Fri) 5:48 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Oh man, any more couples in the guild and we're going to have to change our name to <Hidden Qua—

oookay back to the applications. Stock healer question!

You are "healz captain" (no such thing in the Path) doing assignments for the 25-player version of Deathbringer Saurfang. You have one holy paladin, one resto shaman, two holy priests, and a tree.

1. Whom do you assign to do what?
    3. What are your thoughts about the usefulness of healing assignments in the first place? Under what circumstances would you deviate from yours?

2010 Mar 19 (Fri) 6:54 pm
Former Member

First i’d like to say that I’ve never done this boss before (but I might do it tonight), so I’m trying to set up this before tonight to not be « cheating » ;) The only things I know about this boss is theorical stuff I’ve seen on the web.

Question 1

Raid grouping and placement:

- melee + tank group
- Others healers grouped with ranged. Group are made according their placement to always been in healing range. Group 1 and 2 = melee + tanks, group 3 is left (with priest1, paladin), group 4 middle (with priest 2) , group 5 is right (druid, Sham)

MT healing :

Paladin heal the two tank with Beacon of Light on the second tank. He will be assisted partially by priest1 (let say he got a more GH efficient talent tree) and by the druid hots.

Raid healing :

Priest1 will PoH group 1, 2.
Priest 2 will PoH group3,4.
Shaman take care mainly of group5.
Druid hot tank + raid.
Shaman and Priest2 are on general raid healing (chain heal + renew) where it’s needed. Priest 1 trow a CoH once in a while on raid even if he assist on tank.

Specific priest task :

-Priest need to be excellent on PoM during BoilingBlood.
-Priest save their Guardian Spirit (glyphed) for the Marked guy. Priest 2 start. If the CD of Guardian is not used, the Priest 1 can keep his own Guardian for the tanks (I’m assuming that the Mark of Fallen Champion will not happen more than every 1 min)
-If a priest have a Body&Soul talent, he shield the DPS kitting the blood beast (I’m assuming Priest 2 would have it, that’s why I placed him in middle)
-Priest rotate their Hymns. One priest can cast Hymn of Hope (mana) when the shaman does his mana trick (don’t remember the name) to increase mana regen.

Question 2 : Mark of the Fallen Champion :

When someone is marked, he is Guardian by priest (as said above). Both priest will focus on him, while the druid focus more on tank and shaman more on raid.

(there is also this tactic to SS a ret pal, and the ret pal DI the Marked guy, but I'm not using it as it doesn't concern healing)

Question 3 :

Assignements change when a healer is dead and when someone need to replace his role. (Though I assume this fight doesn't forgive any dead)
We also need to think about colddown which can mess up, or anything else which could goes wrong and which will need a fast reaction.
The communication between healer is extremely important I think. They should always warn when thy use a CD, or when a CD is messed up (example Guardian Spirit wich is 3 min instead of 1)

2010 Mar 19 (Fri) 8:29 pm
Profile WWW
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next