NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 02 (Thu) 3:35 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Acepted: Application - Lanegan MM Hunter 
Former Member

Class: Rogue
Post Acepted: Application - Lanegan MM Hunter
Name: Lanegan
Race/Class: Blood Elf Hunter
Main Spec: Marksmanship
Primary Professions: Skinner and miner
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... cn=Lanegan

What's your name and where are you from?
Nelly Alegria and I’m from Gothenburg, Sweden.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
I’m seventeen and I refuse to google that D:

How long have you been playing WoW?
Think it sums up to about three good years now.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
Yes, this is in fact my main! I’ve played casually on this character since the start but I must say that I’m completely in love with it so it takes alot of my time by the computer nowadays. *blushes* Else you might see me on my characters Lensy, Brody or even Spinnerette.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?
I played with irl friends at the start in the social raiding guild Fear the Zhevra back in TBC and after my first time in Gruul’s Lair I got myself a mage. (However, I never got to tank Krosh Firehand since wotlk hit the stores and Gruul’s was so out.)
A few months after Wotlk had hit the stores FtZ disbanded and so I traded in my rogue for my priest Brody and joined Seal of Damnation where we had some fun in Ulduar.
School started and due to inappropriate raiding times I switched guild and from then I finally got to raid on my mage, Lensy with the nice folks of Decimate the Weak.
We cleared ToC 10/25 Onyxia 10/25 and VoA 10/25 every Wednesday nights and the rest of the time we spent on smacking things in the arena and some alt gear up runs. The guild disbanded before ICC became available and I moved on to Carpe Omnius, weekend raiding guild but that guild came to an end aswell, and here I am.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.

I know Cadeau and Jahnrix in the guild since it’s my sister and her boyfriend, and I also got Jiander that I’ve played with since the beginning.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
Since I’m a damage dealer my main role is to make a long, green line in recount (damage done, duh!) while simply following the specific encounter’s tactics. I’m always well prepared for the encounter; I’m well read on the bosses we’ve planned to smack, I bring more than enough flasks and ammo as well as tracker bites so that I can track beasts for one hour.
And how do I know I’m doing it right? Hopefully the encounter is down, people enjoy the purple rain and Savian gives me some strudels. The knowledge of that I’ve been doing everything right as in the fist sentence of this part is also pretty encouraging.

What's your PvE experience like?
Raided most content on my rogue back in TBC and Naxx. Done all Wotlk content on my mage and priest [10/12 Ulduar] [cleared ToC 10 and 25] [ICC 10 10/12] [ICC 25 4/12]. So far I haven’t even set my foot in Naxx with Lanegan though she’s cravin’ for some raidin’.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
I’ve been marksmanship since my first available talent and I really enjoy it. I’ve also tried survival but MM is definitely more fun. My own spec is a typical PvE MM spec and so far I’m stacking up on agility gems until I get some more passive Arp from higher ilvl gear.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
Anything written by warcraft hunters union, they have the best content, and they’ve it all.

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.
- ‘Ey! You again! Come back ‘ere! Cried the green skinned salesman as he raised his fist in anger, shaking it in the air, his eyes blazing as he watched the well-known figure successfully disappear in the crowd.
- Urrh, I’ll get you someday, he muttered and sat down heavily on his small wooden chair behind the fruit-stand.

- That orc is getting easier to trick for each day that passes, said Lanegan and took a bite of the recently stolen apple. She smiled at Kyuss who sat and stared at her with his big, brown eyes. The river in front of them peacefully rippled and shimmered in the sun, it was such a contrast to the dry, desert-like land of Durotar. Lanegan handed over an apple to Kyuss who carefully smelled it and then looked away, clearly not interested in some dull, boring fruit. Lanegan sat down beside her furry companion and looked around the open landscape.
- Lane! Laaaane! Someone shouted from the other side of the river.
- Cad? Lanegan whispered to herself and Kyuss immediately jumped into the water and started swimming towards the new face.
The person rode up on a small wooden bridge and stopped a few yards from Lanegan.
- That’s a smart wolf you’ve got there. Swim when you can simply walk over a bridge.. Cad grinned while looking at Kyuss who had just turned around in the water and started swimming back to the shore.
- Poor Kyuss. Give him a break, he’s still fairly young. What brings you here Cad, shouldn’t you be up in Northrend incinerating stuff?
- I may be dead, but I still got to rest! She answered and jumped down her horse.
- Speaking of dead, does your horse need some water or maybe an apple? He looks a bit.. pale. Lanegan said and displayed a wide smile on her lips.
- Very funny Lane. I don’t have all day, so I’m going to give you a suggestion and you just say yes or no. Right? Right!
- Okay, hit me, Lanegan said and nodded interested.
- We need some more recruits for our work up north and technically you’re not really qualified for the work..
- What do you m...
- But! Interrupted Cad, you know me! And that’s an advantage! She said, with her hands raised in the air as if she was about to shake Lanegan out of pure enthusiasm, but then looked down at the water-drenched wolf that loyally sat beside Lanegan, looking incredibly stupid with his big eyes and his leaning head.
- Think about it, Cad said and gave Kyuss a pat on the head.
- I’m game! said Lanegan determined. No question about it. Except for.. what do I have to do?

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
I have had the pleasure of raiding with most of you in the guild before and you really seem to be a bunch of great people and even if I don’t get a raiding spot I’d sure like to be a part of the guild as a social member. Also, I'm trading in mining for leatherworking since this character no longer serves as a farm bot! :o

2010 Apr 18 (Sun) 5:54 pm
Former Member

Post Re: Application - Lanegan MM Hunter
Could you log out in your pve gear? Thank you :)

2010 Apr 18 (Sun) 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
Former Member

Done! Also stopping by to say that some upgrades to my gear has been added, I just need to log out before amory gives you an update!

2010 Apr 18 (Sun) 10:25 pm
Former Member

5 thumbs up for this app! ( 3 extra thumbs for being my sister^^)

Anyways, most of u guys have raided with Nelly before and she always delivers, either on her mage or priest. Ive been running heroics and ICC10 with her hunter and the dps is looking very good, she knows her class and with some more 251 gear she should easily hit over 7k dps. I also think she would fit right in with the others in the guild^^

kree kree!

2010 Apr 18 (Sun) 11:07 pm
Former Member

Class: Priest
I've played with her, and I like her. She is nice and fun :)

(and her application seem really fair to me, but that's not my job to say)

2010 Apr 18 (Sun) 11:19 pm
Profile WWW
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
I'm just missing my name under 'people you know in the Path' :shock:

But yeah, vouch for miss Lensy here, she delivers the awesomesauce without fail!

2010 Apr 18 (Sun) 11:33 pm
Former Member

Since I don't seem to get updated version of your gear from armory or wow-heroes yet, I'd like you to do some nuking for thos badass training targets and give us screenshots about your average dps + the "dps-pie" from your Recount or similiar dps-recorder (screen that shows wich abilities have done and how much of your dps in colours and %).

Also. This is a question I'm bringing up with every fairly young applicant. You didn't mention who do you live with, so I am asking who is managing your gametime? Is it only you, or is there change for such a thing as parent agro, bf agro or things like that during the late raid hours on weekdays? Well, you see my point I'm sure.

We're also having three hunters on raiding rank at the moment (more or less active), plus one active enhancement shaman. How do you feel about the loot competition and what kind of spot rotation would seem fair to you? Meaning how many raids in row you think its fair to be benched, do you have exceptations towards progression raids, and what ever this subject brings you in mind.

Anyways. Thanks for the nice application, and thanks for taking your time to write more than few words to your answers. I wish you best of luck with it.

/salute
--Narushka the shadowbitch

2010 Apr 18 (Sun) 11:52 pm
Profile WWW
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hey Lanegan! Thanks for the application. Couple of quick questions:

You seem to be gemming primarily for agility, which is good; but you have one arpen gem, and agility/hit gem, and an AP/haste gem. Any reason for those two? It seems to me you would get more out of stacking pure agility. Also, what items are you currently seeking to replace your blue trinket and your offhand weapons? Are you currently seeking to replace your other ilevel 219-232 items?

This is a relatively minor thing, too, but have you considered replacing one of your gathering professions with a crafting profession for the additional stat benefit some of those professions offer?

2010 Apr 19 (Mon) 5:55 pm
Former Member

Ahoy and thanks for the replies! I’ve been logged out in my smoking new gear for a while now so it should be updated by now. And to answer your question about whom I live with, I do live with both my parents but neither of them will stop me from being by the computer since it’s mine as well as their hobby (Who doesn’t enjoy hanging out in Farmville after a long day of work?!).

I don’t mind getting benched once in a while at all, I’ve always been an officer/core raider in the previous guilds that I’ve been in and I’ll be honest and say that it took a lot of my time, but I don’t regret it and I enjoyed every second of raiding. Loot isn’t a reason for me applying to this guild, as I said in the application, if you don’t have a raiding spot for me I’d sure like to settle for a social spot but I do know that I’ve got what it takes to be a part of your raiding team since I’ve smacked some bosses with most of you before, I feel confident with my new class and I know that if I just get a chance to get some better equipment I’ll have something more to bring to the table as a hunter.

The gems you pointed out was for ‘fast gemming’ and hase been replaced with, yes, more agility gems. And of course I’m wanting to replace most of my current gear seeing that I’ve only been doing heroics so far. I pushed around 5k dps in ICC 10 yesterday with this gear (my first raid as a hunter, yay me!) and some slots has been upgraded with ilvl 151 pieces.
I’m not ‘hunting’ for any particular pieces since I’m having a hard time getting into raids in first place, and sure as dreaming is free, life as a guildless hunter with no achievement or ‘proper gearscore’ isn't easy - we’ve all been there (I don’t think that all of you were hunters at this point, but well.. you’ve got the picture). In the very end of the application it says “Also, I'm trading in mining for leatherworking since this character no longer serves as a farm bot” and I think that it pretty much speaks for itself ^^

I sure hope that the screenshot works ^^ Until next time /lLan.

Attachments:
Lanerecountshot.jpg
Lanerecountshot.jpg [ 144.68 KiB | Viewed 489 times ]
2010 Apr 19 (Mon) 7:57 pm

Hey Lanegan,

Thanks for replying to the questions posted by the other guys on here in such a timely fashion, much appreciated. I have a couple of questions to ask you as well though, none too taxing though!!

Firstly, as an MM hunter you will no doubt be aware of the importance of ArP stacking (and eventually capping) on our gear. You have the best ArP trinket but you are stacking Agi gem-wise. Is the plan to stick with Agi or are you thinking of capping Arp when you have better gear?

Secondly, I was interested to read that you make sure you bring Tracker snacks to raids you attend. As I haven't heard of Hunters doing this I wondered why you do this?

Lastly a very simple one - can you tell me what your main DPS pet is please and why you chose it?

Thankyou in advance (and sorry for the grilling)

Schiz

2010 Apr 19 (Mon) 8:49 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next