NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 02 (Thu) 1:28 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to pagePrevious  1, 2
Acepted: Application - Lanegan MM Hunter 
Former Member

Class: Rogue
Post Re: Application - Lanegan MM Hunter
Howdy!
My plan is indeed to get some more ‘passive’ Arp (from higher ilvl gear) before I switch in the Agility gems for Arp ones since it takes a bit more Arp then I’m able to stack up gemmed right now, for it to become better than Agility.

Also, the Tracker Snacks thing was just a silly joke... :< I usually cook up some Agility or AP giving buff food on my main and pass it on to Lanegan.
Else I’d expect some fish feast’s in a raid, cooked by myself or someone else.

As far as the pet goes there’s basically two leading dps pets – wolves and cats.
Both of them are ferocity pets so that they have the same pet talents, however a wolf provides a damage buff that applies to both itself and me;
Furious Howl. This means 320 attack power for 20 sec and with just a 40 sec cooldown against the cats well.. Prowl ability.
I simply chose a wolf as my companion since it gives me a dps buff, and on top of it all, it looks really bad-ass!

Hope that I’ve answered your question, have a good one. o/

2010 Apr 19 (Mon) 10:13 pm
Former Member

Class: Druid
Just to keep this thread going, and not give you the impression that we've forgot about you.

Favourite boss and why?
Least favourite boss and why?

How do you control aggro? Tanked for a few hunters in my time, and they can be real aggro monsters.

Raid with me and you will find I like to take a relaxed attitude to tanking, and with hunters, I can't always do that :(
Will you be the same? :P

That's all I can think of currently.

2010 Apr 21 (Wed) 10:48 am
Former Member

Re: Application - Lanegan MM Hunter
Hey hey hey!

Nice to see you applyin :D !

I'm confident that you will fit right in here in Luminous path!
I've raided countless nights with Lanegan and must say that she is very quick on adapting to new tactics and a good player with alot of experience in the back pack.

Regarding speccs and gameplay I don't have any questions the specc is good and glyphs are aswell.

Regarding the arp / agi, it's nice to see that you stick to agi until your passive arp has risen.
And with the unknown future of arp stacking gemming agi is never wrong.

It's all good!

//regards Zuiljex (still stuck in jungle)

Thumbs up!

2010 Apr 21 (Wed) 4:10 pm
Former Member

Class: Rogue
First of all, thanks for all the kind words from you all, I truly appreciate it! :>
Second, I’m sure that I did my first raid as a hunter with you last Sunday Gorganoth (I remember this since your name isn’t too unlike the name of the Norwegian black metal band Gorgoroth...) and I think it went pretty good aggro wise since I kept MD up whenever it was off cooldown on you and Kobo, and this is of course something that I’ll have to keep on doing in raids if I don’t want to end up face down on the ground. An aggro issue can most of the time be fixed by feign death or simply waiting with the intense damage burst until the tank has a comfortable amount of threat.
As far as the bosses goes I’ve only done ICC 10 and ToC 25 as a hunter and I’ll be picking from the few encounters that I’ve done when answering your given questions.

Favourite boss; this has to be Rotface. It’s fairly simple, but you have to keep your eyes open and be ready for the different phases and happenings during the encounterr, for example not kiting small oozes into slime spray/ooze flood and not merging the small oozes into more than a single big ooze. There’s some - but not too much - movement involved which gives you a bit of a change during the encounter instead of just “switch target to adds, and then back again…” and there’s a bit more pressure on everyone in the raid since someone’s death could make the encounter more challenging for the surviving ones (Ooze on a healer isn’t too much fun in phase three when things gets a bit harder). As said, I don’t think that Rotface is a hard encounter – this doesn’t mean that I don’t like 'harder' bosses, it’s just definitely one of my favourites.

Least favourite boss; Urgh, Lady Deathwhisper. The most challenging part of the encounter is timing so that her mana shield doesn’t go down at the same time that the new adds spawn. And moving away from death and decay. This is like a plain, typical "adds > boss" fight. But on the other hand, this is also the kind of encounter which makes the other ones feel so damn rad!

/Lan.

2010 Apr 21 (Wed) 7:11 pm
Former Member

She said my name! *swoon*

But seriously, I'll vouch for her :)

2010 Apr 22 (Thu) 1:17 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Hey Lanegan,

This has been a difficult one. There's a lot about this application that gives us pause: the character is obviously an alt (or was until VERY recently), it is in some respects curiously undergeared (you can't get a better trinket off a badge vendor? Or buy a Darkmoon card?), and the fact that you have a better-geared character that I understand to be your main in another guild has quite frankly been an issue when considering this application.

However, in view of your strong application answers and close IRL ties to some of our members, we're going to (::puts on sunglasses::) give you a shot. There are going to be some special conditions though, so read carefully:

Before we ginvite you, you'll need to:
    • Replace your head enchant with the best-in-slot version; and

Before we can invite you to any guild raid, you'll need to:
    • Replace your Meteorite Whetstone with a legitimate raiding trinket.

Before we can pass your trial, you'll need to:
    • Drop at least one gathering profession (preferably both) for crafting professions, raise them to the appropriate level for taking advantage of their level 80 PvE benefits, and take advantage of these benefits by applying them to your character.

Your trial may last longer as we check for evidence of sincerity in your dedication to this hunter project, so please don't take it personally if you're still a trialist in 6-8 weeks. Trialists are not second-class citizens around here.

Once the head enchant is sorted, whisper me, Zalmoxis, Ekhan, Denathos, or Narushka for a ginvite.

2010 Apr 22 (Thu) 1:17 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to pagePrevious  1, 2