NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 02 (Thu) 1:51 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Accepted: Application: Vulgor DPS Deathknight 
Former Member

Post Accepted: Application: Vulgor DPS Deathknight
Name: Vulgor
Race/Class: Orc Deathknight
Main Spec: Damage Dealing
Primary Professions: Jewelcrafter Miner
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Vulgor

What's your name and where are you from?
Phil from South England

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
30 8 -

How long have you been playing WoW?
Have been playing since May 05, so almost 5 years.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
Yep this is my main I've been playing since wrath launch excluding a few brief breaks from the game. I am quite active, its rare that i'm not online at least some point each day. I have two level 80 alts, a druid by the name Azereus and a shaman by the name Bonak.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?
I was formerly a member of the Grip of Saul on this server untill it collapsed a few months ago. Have since attempted to join a reroll guild on another server, however once we started getting to 80 it became quite apparent the leadership were too hot headed and gkick happy, and not really too organized in their raid leading, so have returned to my death knight once more since it is geared and able to provide levels of raid dps my other characters cannot.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
I'm afraid I can't give any references since Grip of Saul died i've lost contact with the people i used to raid with there and I left the guild I rerolled with on uncertain terms. I ran into two Priests, Elzbeth and Earina from the Path this morning creating a VoA10 Pug, however it was a later time than i realized and was unable to stay in the group.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
My role is to do the largest amount of damage possible while providing my raid buff, listening to and performing any instructions by the raid leader and avoiding any and all damage possible, a phase i like to live by: "a dead dps does no dps".

What's your PvE experience like?
In vanilla killed a few bosses in MC and ZG, however came to the max level rather too late to do any meaningful raiding.
In TBC, cleared kara, ZA, TK, SSC, MH and one boss in BT.
In Wrath, cleared all tier 7 content, cleared all VoA bosses in 10 and 25, cleared 9 bosses in ulduar, cleared ToC 10 and 25, cleared ToGC10, cleared Onyxia 10 and 25, cleared 8/12 in ICC10 and 7/12 in ICC25.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
I have two current specs, built to provide whichever raid buff is required by the raid group. I came across both specs by way of reading the Elitist Jerks forums threads as they test to see which spec functions the best.
My frost build is currently set up to provide the best single target dps while providing the 20% melee haste buff to the raid group and my unholy build provides similar single target dps however more aoe dps while providing the 13% spell damage debuff in a method that other classes cannot match in terms of gcds spent.
Overall i prefer frost since it has a more active playstyle, watching for procs and providing higher dps, however i am more than willing to respec to whichever dps spec the guild requires of me.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
For current information about my class i read the threads on Elitist Jerks and for general wow news including future class details i read MMO-Champion.com

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.
Vulgor was born on Azeroth and started off his life training with the horde army once he was old enough. However during the scourge invasion a year ago, he like many others were captured and forced to train unholy magics and slay innocents under the Lich King's will.
Following the battle of light's hope chapel like his comrades he was freed from the Lich King's control with little more than knowledge of his name and the powers he had been forced to command.
The first thing he did following his freedom, he gathered a group of fellow knights and lead a charge into the Ruins of Andorhal eventually slaying a powerful lich commander there. In orcish tradition he took this deed for his surname. Since then he has wandered the world like many other knights of the ebon blade, seeking vengeance for what was done to him.
Recently he joined a mercenary organization by the name of the Grip of Saul and under their banner made significant progress in Tiron's tournament and assaults upon the Lich King's Citadel, until various key members of the organization went missing in action and the group fell apart. Having spent a few months solitariness training in the frozen north he has now returned once more to civilization to find a organization willing to take on his abilities in future assaults on the Lich King's Citadel.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
Despite my lack of references I would like a chance to join and show i can be a worthy raid and guild member. I am more than willing to answer any questions you may have about raiding and/or my class/spec. :)

2010 Apr 27 (Tue) 4:50 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Post Re: Application: Vulgor DPS Deathknight
Hey Phil,

Thanks for your application. Do us a favor and always log out in your PvE gear for the next few days so we can study it with our binoculars while hiding behind this bush over here.

T.

2010 Apr 27 (Tue) 5:10 pm
Former Member

Class: Druid
Hello Phil and thanks for applying.

Can't look at your gear/spec just yet as I'm at work (and should be working >.<)

So just a few questions.

Everyone finds different bosses enjoyable/boring, can you tell me which boss you enjoy most and why?
Also, which boss do you least enjoy/why?

As a guild, we're almost at ICC10 hardmodes, (Burgerking at 39%)
Which hardmodes would you look forward to, from a gear point of view and a fun factor view?

2010 Apr 27 (Tue) 5:16 pm
Former Member

Firstly yep will aim to stick in pve gear while offline, should of noticed i wasn't :D

Quote:
Everyone finds different bosses enjoyable/boring, can you tell me which boss you enjoy most and why?

I tend to enjoy the bosses that are more of a enrage timer, every second of dps counts kinda bosses, particularly the ones like festergut or saurfang in which there only thing to focus on is dps, since it allows testing out rotations and specs to eek out that extra bit of dps which ends up helping on the non patchwerk style bosses.
Quote:
Also, which boss do you least enjoy/why?

I think my least favorite boss so far has been putricide since its very melee unfriendly, constantly moving boss > green slime > boss > orange slime, with little time to get very far into a rotation.

Quote:
Which hardmodes would you look forward to, from a gear point of view and a fun factor view?
I'll admit as my previous raid guild fell apart just as the frost wing opened up so i have yet to properly research hard modes to see if there's any new fun mechanics within them. From a gear point of view just looking down mmo-champion's list of loot I would have to say upgrading my frost spec weapons to their heroic versions, [url='http://www.wowhead.com/item=51916']Frost Giant's Cleaver[/url].

And it seems i just got mid air ganked by a rogue while writing this, gotta hate when that happens xD

2010 Apr 27 (Tue) 5:35 pm
Former Member

Class: Death Knight
Thanks for your application Phil. Nice to see more Death Knights looking to join our ranks!

DK DPS is not my forté, not by a long shot, but I like the look of your spec and gear there. You also seem to like the bosses I dislike the most. I like the ones with lots of moving and lots of tank switching and tricks...but ask anyone here and they'll tell you I'm somewhat different. The kind of focus you seem to have is really important for good, high damage output though, so that's great news.

Here's a strange question though. What do you reckon to the rune recharge changes which were outlined in the Cataclysm preview?

2010 Apr 27 (Tue) 6:44 pm
Former Member

Firstly i couldn't seem to edit my previous post to fix the link unforunately and secondly both my specs at the moment are dps specs, those i would likely take to raid currently.

Quote:
Here's a strange question though. What do you reckon to the rune recharge changes which were outlined in the Cataclysm preview?

Have a few thoughts on this from both tanking and dps points of view.

Dps wise I think its a good thing since it will slow down our rotation with larger gcd gaps to do useful stuff like cooldowns, and not have to worry about instantly spending runes or losing dps therefore helping abit on movement fights. Also the fact they'll allow haste to effect rune cooldowns will help this stat mean something.

Tanking wise it sounds terrible, with doubling the time between attacks it sounds like it'll be much harder to generate aggro. Pre 3.3.3 i remember it being hard to keep aggro sometimes just though the rotation if pulls happened while one or more runes were on cooldown. Though naturally since all the talents are fluid, somewhat expect a few abilitys in the tanking tree that'll either be free or help rune cooldowns for tanking. So just wait and see on that side of things really.

2010 Apr 27 (Tue) 7:42 pm
Officer (Retired)

Phil,

Thanks for your quick and thorough answers. Let's talk about your potential future in the Luminous Path.

• Right now, we're moving into the summer raiding season. While we have no plans to stop altogether, are you 100% determined to raid ICC 25 every week, or would you be satisfied with some weeks of ICC 25 and some weeks of 10s and 10-heroics?

• Put your mind to the question of what you have on your IRL and personal agenda over the next 4-6 months. Is there anything on the horizon which would take you away from the game for an extended period of time? If so, when and for how long?

2010 Apr 27 (Tue) 7:59 pm
Former Member

He is orc, isn't that all we need to know? ;)

2010 Apr 27 (Tue) 8:22 pm
Profile WWW
Former Member

Quote:
• Right now, we're moving into the summer raiding season. While we have no plans to stop altogether, are you 100% determined to raid ICC 25 every week, or would you be satisfied with some weeks of ICC 25 and some weeks of 10s and 10-heroics?

I overall i'd like to pretty much just start raiding regularly again with a solid friendly group, in my eyes as long as we're progressing either 10 or 25, I'm happy. Understandably i would prefer 25 man however understand how it can be difficult around this time of the year with a instance being out a long time and a expansion on the way.

Quote:
• Put your mind to the question of what you have on your IRL and personal agenda over the next 4-6 months. Is there anything on the horizon which would take you away from the game for an extended period of time? If so, when and for how long?

At the moments have no particular plans for the coming months, if i have any holiday or anything during the summer, it will likely not be any longer than a week or two.

2010 Apr 27 (Tue) 8:32 pm
Officer (Retired)

Alright, well I'd say we've learned all we can from this exchange. Accepted for trial; whisper me, Ekhan, Zalmoxis, Denathos, Narushka, or Nimoe for a ginvite.

2010 Apr 28 (Wed) 1:24 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]