NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 19 (Fri) 4:22 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
Attendance and Time Off 
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Post Attendance and Time Off
Generally

Raiders are required to sign up and show up for two thirds of guild raids, measured over the course of the calendar month. If they don't, they'll be moved to a social rank. This represents two raid nights per week, and we don't think it's too much to ask to attend on this regular basis.

If your schedule prevents you from doing so, you need to talk to any of the officers, and make other arrangements. But be aware that if you can't come to at least half of the guild raids, we probably won't be able to consider you part of the raiding roster.

Trial raiders are required to attend all guild raids for the duration of their trial period. If they don't, they'll be removed from the guild. Obviously things may come up that mean you can't come—life always takes priority over WoW—but during your trial, you need to communicate with the officers in advance, even if it's just a quick "Hey, I've really got to study tonight". Do us that courtesy while you're still new and being evaluated.

Taking time off

Some of our members also enjoy a game called "Real Life". Its graphics are much better, but the gameplay is terrible and the monthly subscription fees are astronomical. Oh well; different strokes.

If you need to be away from the game for more than about a week or so, you can avoid a lot of confusion and bad blood by sending a forums PM to Thórva, the roster officer, first. It works something like this:

Quote:
Hey, Thórva, exams are coming up so I need to unplug and do some hardcore studying. I'll be back in three weeks on the 23rd.

or
Quote:
Hey, we're going on holiday starting next week, so I'll be gone from the 7th to the 18th. See you when I get back!

Notice how it has a definite start and end date. Let me know that in advance, and your time away won't be counted for the attendance requirement.

Another type of AFK time is longer and less definite, but it's okay too:

Quote:
Hey, Thórva, I'm kinda feeling less motivated to play the game right now, so I think I'm gonna take a break. Will probably be back at some point down the road; try not to have too much fun without me.

This will get you moved over to a member rank, but it secures your place in the guild for your eventual return to WoW. There's no limit on how long you can be AFK as long as you tell us in advance.

However: disappearing without letting the officer team know what's up will lead us to assume that you've quit for good. You'll be kicked from the guild if your main character goes 30 days without logging in.

2010 Oct 13 (Wed) 12:52 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]